Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 235

Thread: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

  1. #151
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,229

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I knew it. You've bought the lie, hook, line and sinker. The Koch Brothers would be proud of you.

    Until, of course, your very prosperity impeded their taking more and more for themselves. If you are ever unfortunate enough to be in that kind of a situation, God be with you and your family.
    Your argument is awesome, I must say.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #152
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,972

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The frac company doesn't case the well, because the drilling company cases the well. Casing serves two puposes: it seals off the annulus from the surrounding zones and it keeps the walls from collapsing. There's no way to maintain a hole without casing. The polymers used to hold the walls is only temporary.
    but that same defective casing causes water contamination.

    you arent making a very convincing argument,just simply a copy and paste of the oil companies rebuttal.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  3. #153
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    14,461

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Your argument is awesome, I must say.
    Yawn. Good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I probably know more than everyone in this forum debating the topic.
    2017 Lie of the Year: Russian election interference is a 'made-up story'

  4. #154
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,229

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    but that same defective casing causes water contamination.

    you arent making a very convincing argument,just simply a copy and paste of the oil companies rebuttal.
    The failed casing, not the fracing. It's an apparatus failure, not carelessness, nor disregard.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  5. #155
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,229

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Yawn. Good night.
    Sweet dreams!
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #156
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    21,713

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, it does and when actual drilling is being done, they using government approved, biodegradable additives to slurry the annulus , creating a temporary barrier between the annulus wall and the water zone
    And, thanks to Dick Cheney's efforts early on, the chemicals they use in the process need not be identified to EPA. They are exempt from certain important parts of the Clean Water Act.

    Now why on earth would they want to keep their chemicals secret? Are they not interested in clean water?

  7. #157
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    21,713

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Your argument is awesome, I must say.
    Kinda like yours, eh?

  8. #158
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,229

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    And, thanks to Dick Cheney's efforts early on, the chemicals they use in the process need not be identified to EPA. They are exempt from certain important parts of the Clean Water Act.

    Now why on earth would they want to keep their chemicals secret? Are they not interested in clean water?
    Every additive used during drilling is biodegradable. What's the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #159
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,972

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The failed casing, not the fracing. It's an apparatus failure, not carelessness, nor disregard.
    considering fracking has been done since 1949,and those defective casings occured recently,its safe to say it was from carelessness,which doesnt help your argument.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  10. #160
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,229

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    considering fracking has been done since 1949,and those defective casings occured recently,its safe to say it was from carelessness,which doesnt help your argument.
    Considering millions of wells have been drilled with few incidents, the oil and gas industry has a better records than any other industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •