Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 235

Thread: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

  1. #131
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,290

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by AuburnGrad View Post
    Just FYI, coal does not burn black.
    Good one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #132
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,290

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    well ill give you a hint,a large amount of the water in texas isnt even drinkable,it wasnt from fracking,it was from waste from chemicals use to transformers in powerlines,companies then swore was safe.so far almost the entire world has been that and similiar chemicals.
    '

    now look at what fracking can do,your hydraulically fracturing to produce gas,those chemicals arent safe to the water.further using fracking in the pasat as an example is not very valid,as fracking only reached the scales its at now withing the last few years,while fracking from 1949 to a few years ago was not as common.
    Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #133
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,290

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Must the drill head pass through the "few hundred feet" on its way to the "about a mile underground"?

    Or are some sort of miracles involved?

    Have you seen any pictures or videos of tap water in flames? If not, you must be living under a rock.

    They don't frack where I live, but hundreds or thousands of homes have experienced this and documented it. Try "Gasland" if you're unaware.

    And I assume that you know that the chemicals injected in the process, through and near ground water deposits, are proprietary and neither approved by or known by the EPA and the Clean Water Act.
    Yes, it does and when actual drilling is being done, they using government approved, biodegradable additives to slurry the annulus , creating a temporary barrier between the annulus wall and the water zone
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #134
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Link?
    Polychlorinated biphenyl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    theres a link on pcb,which makes alot of texas water undrinkable and unusable,due to its persistence.

    it was used worldwide due to the belief it was safe,but eventually got banned,in the us it wasnt until 1979,by then alot of water was contaminated,in texas the texas govt lists lakes safe to fish and those unsafe to eat the fish,due to high levels of pcb,and pcb is next to impossible to clean out.


    further its not rocket science that fracking contaminates water,though probably no where near as deadly as pcb is to water,the closer to the frack site,the more contaminated the wells become,just coincidence these wells stayed with relatively low levels of methane and ethane until fracking,but fracking cant be to blame?????well the answer is simple,dont frack next to someones water supply,theres plenty of places to frack.

    this one ios from over a year ago,but still its just one of numerous blogs,studies,news reports etc on the ground water contamination
    'Groundwater Contamination May End the Gas-Fracking Boom - Scientific American
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  5. #135
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,290

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    Polychlorinated biphenyl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    theres a link on pcb,which makes alot of texas water undrinkable and unusable,due to its persistence.

    it was used worldwide due to the belief it was safe,but eventually got banned,in the us it wasnt until 1979,by then alot of water was contaminated,in texas the texas govt lists lakes safe to fish and those unsafe to eat the fish,due to high levels of pcb,and pcb is next to impossible to clean out.


    further its not rocket science that fracking contaminates water,though probably no where near as deadly as pcb is to water,the closer to the frack site,the more contaminated the wells become,just coincidence these wells stayed with relatively low levels of methane and ethane until fracking,but fracking cant be to blame?????well the answer is simple,dont frack next to someones water supply,theres plenty of places to frack.

    this one ios from over a year ago,but still its just one of numerous blogs,studies,news reports etc on the ground water contamination
    'Groundwater Contamination May End the Gas-Fracking Boom - Scientific American
    Neither link proves anything.

    Frankly, I find it improbable, if not impossible for fracing at 12,000 feet to force methane into a water well that's 200 feet deep. The pressure it would take for frac materials to ascend nearly 3 miles, vertically, would blow up the whole frac job. Frac jobs are already operating at high pressures just to do a normal frac job, 15,000 psi being about the max.

    For your information to be correct, it would require the suspension of physics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #136
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Neither link proves anything.

    Frankly, I find it improbable, if not impossible for fracing at 12,000 feet to force methane into a water well that's 200 feet deep. The pressure it would take for frac materials to ascend nearly 3 miles, vertically, would blow up the whole frac job. Frac jobs are already operating at high pressures just to do a normal frac job, 15,000 psi being about the max.

    For your information to be correct, it would require the suspension of physics.
    so all these low methane wells that reached dealy levels only after fracking must have been coincidence,every single time hundreds of times in a row,yeah that sounds legit
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  7. #137
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,290

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    so all these low methane wells that reached dealy levels only after fracking must have been coincidence,every single time hundreds of times in a row,yeah that sounds legit
    I think most of those reports are falsified.

    Let's don't pretend it hasn't been happening:

    'Gasland Part II' director uses hoax as evidence on fracking | The Daily Caller

    Don't Be Swayed By Faucets On Fire And Other Anti-Fracking Propaganda - Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,710

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This post brought to you by Exxon, Chevron, and BP. All rights reserved.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  9. #139
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,290

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    This post brought to you by Exxon, Chevron, and BP. All rights reserved.
    Neither of those Sources are Exxon, Chevron, nor BP.

    In fact, this report came from the Feds.

    Landmark fracking study finds no water pollution | Montana Energy Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #140
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,355

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    pretty much you have thousands of pages on google showing otherwise,and a few saying it doesnt happen.most of the contamination was from faulty reservoirs leaking contaminating groundwater,ofcourse if you had googled anything other than what directly supports your opinion,youd know that.

    im not against fracking,im against fracking in certain areas,especially when the ones sayings its safe are the ones doing it,and the ones your calling liars are scientists,
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •