Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 235

Thread: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

  1. #101
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A frac job only lasts about 24 hours (+/-). It isn't a permanent operation. A road construction job makes more noise than a frac job.
    it is still noise and disturbance generated plus damage is possible to the local water supply
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  2. #102
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,472

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    it is still noise and disturbance generated plus damage is possible to the local water supply
    If drilling/fracing is so dangerous to the water supply, why, after over a hundred years of drilling and 60-odd years of fracing, most of that time with little or no regulation, nor protections is America still inhabitable?

    Places like California, SE Texas and Pennsylvania, where the earliest oil wells were drillied, should be dead zones where no creature can survive, by your logic. Why aren't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #103
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The city doesn't have jurisdiction over drilling permits, nor can they void mineral and property rights.
    the city cant void mineral rights,but permits do not grant access to override city law.city law banning fracking cannot be overturned unless the state makes it into law prohibiting cities from banning fracking.


    the office issuing permits has zero say so in the law,the state and local governments decide that.the permit office granting a permit does not in any way shape or form override a city ban,only the state legislature and governor can do that.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  4. #104
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,472

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    the city cant void mineral rights,but permits do not grant access to override city law.city law banning fracking cannot be overturned unless the state makes it into law prohibiting cities from banning fracking.


    the office issuing permits has zero say so in the law,the state and local governments decide that.the permit office granting a permit does not in any way shape or form override a city ban,only the state legislature and governor can do that.

    The city has no jurisdiction over drilling regulations. The presence of 270 producing wells creates a precedence that proves the city can't ban fracing. Since the city is allowing those wells to continue production, it makes an Equal Protection Clause thing. Those other wells haven't destroyed the city, so the city has no evidence to support such a ban.

    This will go to court and when the evidence used to trick people into voting for the ban is presented and rightly debunked, the referendum will be overturned. When it comes to light how the anti-fracers lied, some folks may even go to jail for fraud. Who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #105
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If drilling/fracing is so dangerous to the water supply, why, after over a hundred years of drilling and 60-odd years of fracing, most of that time with little or no regulation, nor protections is America still inhabitable?

    Places like California, SE Texas and Pennsylvania, where the earliest oil wells were drillied, should be dead zones where no creature can survive, by your logic. Why aren't they?

    well ill give you a hint,a large amount of the water in texas isnt even drinkable,it wasnt from fracking,it was from waste from chemicals use to transformers in powerlines,companies then swore was safe.so far almost the entire world has been that and similiar chemicals.
    '

    now look at what fracking can do,your hydraulically fracturing to produce gas,those chemicals arent safe to the water.further using fracking in the pasat as an example is not very valid,as fracking only reached the scales its at now withing the last few years,while fracking from 1949 to a few years ago was not as common.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  6. #106
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The city has no jurisdiction over drilling regulations. The presence of 270 producing wells creates a precedence that proves the city can't ban fracing. Since the city is allowing those wells to continue production, it makes an Equal Protection Clause thing. Those other wells haven't destroyed the city, so the city has no evidence to support such a ban.

    This will go to court and when the evidence used to trick people into voting for the ban is presented and rightly debunked, the referendum will be overturned. When it comes to light how the anti-fracers lied, some folks may even go to jail for fraud. Who knows?
    actually the city does,the city can ban anything it wants unless the state govt prohibits them from doing so,and the people issuing permits have zero control over the laws.


    the court wont overturn it since no civil rights were affected,and the city operated well within its legal limits,you can hand someone a permit for anything,but if the city bans it,its banned.the state overwrites city law but the state has no law im aware of that prohibits cities from banning fracking.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  7. #107
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,291

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post

    You have to drill through the water table to drill an untracked well too, so your complaint has nothing to do with the "Fracking" portion of the oil or gas well.

    I suppose you're against conventional drilling too, then?

    As for water with methane in it....this is a normal occurrence for ppl who live in hydrocarbon rich areas. Happens all the time, even if there is no drilling anywhere nearby. It's simply nature.
    You could be correct on the technical aspects of drilling. I'm no expert.

    But I find your claims that flammable water is a common occurrence to be somewhat specious. I know there are quite a few people on record who did have non-flammable water and clean creeks for years, until fracking was started nearby. That includes one very persuasive hydrologist living in Montana somewhere.

    Since you seem to be the expert, do you happen to know the concentration of methane in drinking water allowed by the Clean Water Act? Is there a general number of methane present in drinking water?

  8. #108
    Student Monte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    216

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits


  9. #109
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,812

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If drilling/fracing is so dangerous to the water supply, why, after over a hundred years of drilling and 60-odd years of fracing, most of that time with little or no regulation, nor protections is America still inhabitable?

    Places like California, SE Texas and Pennsylvania, where the earliest oil wells were drillied, should be dead zones where no creature can survive, by your logic. Why aren't they?
    Do you really not recognize any possibilities between "no damage" and "kills all life?"

    Were you one of those people adamantly against removing lead from gasoline?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: Texas Town Votes To Bar Fracking in City Limits

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do you really not recognize any possibilities between "no damage" and "kills all life?"

    Were you one of those people adamantly against removing lead from gasoline?
    Small planes still use leaded gasoline so I guess pilots are against removing the lead.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •