Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 279

Thread: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black [W:110]

  1. #71
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,699

    Re: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black congre

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    That's too stupid to believe sincere.
    Sorry if you can't see truth, but the fact remains that raced-based orgs. are racist. Just as nation based-orgs. are nationalist. The Sons of Norway are a nationalist organization and the NAACP is a racist organization. The minute you start filtering out people by race, you become a racist org., it's a simple truth that you seem to be in denial of. Too many people think that racism is only when you look down on someone else for not being the same race as yourself, but the truth is that racism is when you separate one race from another for any reason.
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  2. #72
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,426

    Re: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black congre

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Sorry if you can't see truth,
    Wow, this thread is filled with Truth.

    Anyway, I cannot take your position of "race-based = racist" seriously. Even elementary school children understand otherwise. Could you apologize for racism any more? I don't think so. Good day.

  3. #73
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,669

    Re: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black congre

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    She'll be very lonely if she starts a Republican Black Caucus.....
    She will likely be quite happy not to have to.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black congre

    Quote Originally Posted by APACHERAT View Post
    I remember Mia Love, back in 2012 liberals called Mia an "anchor baby."

    GOP Rising Star Mia Love: "Anchor Baby"? (Updated) | Mother Jones

    Heya Apache. They were worse than that with her in 2012. Then after she Gave the Republican speech.


    Mia Love, Republican Mayor In Utah, Receives Photos Of KKK Member, Aborted Fetuses.....

    Utah mayor and GOP congressional candidate Mia Love was sent an envelope containing racist and disturbing photos. The black, female Republican says she's become a target because she "poses a problem to the policies of the Obama administration." The thick envelope arrived at Love's office in Saratoga Springs, Utah, City Manager Mark Christensen told the Deseret News. The envelope reportedly contained a photo showing Love, her husband and a hooded Ku Klux Klan member as well as pictures of aborted fetuses.

    Love responded to the "divisive racially and negative racially" photos, saying "I want you to know, I want everyone to know I am comfortable in my skin. I'm comfortable and proud of my heritage..." the Deseret News report.

    Back in August, Fox News reported that Love's Wikipedia page had been "vandalized" with racist and sexist epithets after she delivered her speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa. Fox News reported offensive language to the Wikipedia page read "dirty, worthless w---e," "sell-out" to the "right wing hate machine" and "House N-----."

    Mia Love, Republican Mayor In Utah, Receives Photos Of KKK Member, Aborted Fetuses

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black congre

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, blacks don't vote dem because they prefer the dems to repubs. They do it because they're expected to or because someone else told them to. As long as the repubs explain the black vote using language that portrays them as stupid and irresponsible, the black vote will continue to go dem
    Actually that was the Democrats who believe Blacks are inferior and have often passed legislation reflecting that belief.
    "Tainting the tea party movement with the charge of racism is proving to be an effective strategy for Democrats. There is no evidence that tea party adherents are any more racist than other Republicans, and indeed many other Americans. But getting them to spend their time purging their ranks and having candidates distance themselves should help Democrats win in November. Having one’s opponent rebut charges of racism is far better than discussing joblessness." -- Mary Frances Berry, former Chairwoman, US Commission on Civil Rights
    This has been the strategy of the Democrats since Lyndon Johnson was president. There seems to be a hope that this deliberate divisiveness of the American people in order to gain political office is beginning to be recognized by the majority of the American electorate.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black congre

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Don't hold your breath. Remember that highest public office ever afforded to a black woman was Sec. State Condi Rice. If you were to listen to most liberals on Rep. racism/sexism, you would think that she never existed.
    Nor Colin Powell.

  7. #77
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black congre

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Heya Apache. They were worse than that with her in 2012. Then after she Gave the Republican speech.


    Mia Love, Republican Mayor In Utah, Receives Photos Of KKK Member, Aborted Fetuses.....

    Utah mayor and GOP congressional candidate Mia Love was sent an envelope containing racist and disturbing photos. The black, female Republican says she's become a target because she "poses a problem to the policies of the Obama administration." The thick envelope arrived at Love's office in Saratoga Springs, Utah, City Manager Mark Christensen told the Deseret News. The envelope reportedly contained a photo showing Love, her husband and a hooded Ku Klux Klan member as well as pictures of aborted fetuses.

    Love responded to the "divisive racially and negative racially" photos, saying "I want you to know, I want everyone to know I am comfortable in my skin. I'm comfortable and proud of my heritage..." the Deseret News report.

    Back in August, Fox News reported that Love's Wikipedia page had been "vandalized" with racist and sexist epithets after she delivered her speech at the Republican National Convention in Tampa. Fox News reported offensive language to the Wikipedia page read "dirty, worthless w---e," "sell-out" to the "right wing hate machine" and "House N-----."

    Mia Love, Republican Mayor In Utah, Receives Photos Of KKK Member, Aborted Fetuses
    OMG. That is just so wrong. Disgusting.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #78
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,301

    Re: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black congre

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    gee thanks. and I wouldn't call all liberals fatheaded idiots with the emotional fortitude of a 12 year old girl.
    ReIax Joe. I was just giving my friend Tres the business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  9. #79
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black congre

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I certainly wouldn't call all republicans racist, sexist and homophobic.
    I wouldn't call all democrats that either.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #80
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Meet Mia Love. You’ll be seeing a lot more of the Republicans’ first black congre

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Your statement is true. Some people vote democrat blindly. Just like there are some people who vote republican blindly. I know that for a fact living in Dallas.

    Also, you would be amazed at how manly black people who are conservative. Think about it.

    1) We take our faith very serious
    2) We don't trust government (do research on the black panther movement)
    3) As a whole, we are probably more anti homosexual than any race out there.

    What is stoping many blacks from switching to conservative is the feeling of being the enemy to many in your base. Primarily in the southern and midwest region.
    Very interesting post, and very spot on. Black people can be very socially conservative. They take their faith seriously, and to your point about anti-homosexual, it was the black community in CA that passed Prop 8, even while casting a vote for Democrats and Obama on the same ballot.

    I always assume about 1/3 of the population blindly votes single party in every election.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •