Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 397

Thread: GOP seizes Senate

  1. #371
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,940

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    In other words, more dog and pony shows from the GOP.
    when promises are made to your constituents, promises must be kept

    everyone knows Obama wont repeal his signature legislation

    imo a lot of bills are going to be passed by this congress.....the question is, what does Obama pass, and what does he veto
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  2. #372
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    What a steaming pants load!
    Truth hurts....

    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #373
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,571

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Good old boys play Martin's, Bad boys play Gibson's, choirboys play Taylors.
    Country stars who are in to bow hunting play McPherson's

    I suspect McPherson guitar owners were really happy tuesday night. Martin-probably not so much \!



  4. #374
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,950

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    when promises are made to your constituents, promises must be kept

    everyone knows Obama wont repeal his signature legislation

    imo a lot of bills are going to be passed by this congress.....the question is, what does Obama pass, and what does he veto
    When all the dust settles, Obamacare will either be repealed or it will be so gutted that it no longer looks anything like what they passed. It is a vastly unpopular bill that the democrats could not get passed the normal way...they had to go to the reconciliation method. Even then, they had to bribe a number of democrats with earmarks to get it over the finish line. It should have died when it went to the US Supreme Court over the mandate. It is now headed back to the same court over the subsidies in the states that refused to expand Medicaid.. That could kill it or it may have to wait until Barack "Hussein" Obola is out of office. In any case, it's only a matter of time. Obamacare's days are numbered.

  5. #375
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    When all the dust settles, Obamacare will either be repealed or it will be so gutted that it no longer looks anything like what they passed. It is a vastly unpopular bill that the democrats could not get passed the normal way...they had to go to the reconciliation method. Even then, they had to bribe a number of democrats with earmarks to get it over the finish line. It should have died when it went to the US Supreme Court over the mandate. It is now headed back to the same court over the subsidies in the states that refused to expand Medicaid.. That could kill it or it may have to wait until Barack "Hussein" Obola is out of office. In any case, it's only a matter of time. Obamacare's days are numbered.
    See, I think that was the plan all along, and the longer it stays in place, the more ultimate damage it will do. What can one say about something so corrosive that in this last mid term Obama effectively gagged the insurance actuaries from releasing their upcoming year rate increases forecast as they normally do in October, so that the voters out there wouldn't catch wind of how hard they are about to be hit.

    In any case when and if this turd finally does what it was always intended to do and collapse, the only thing our imbeciles in DC come up with is total government provided healthcare, through expanding the Medicare/Medicaid model. At that point only those willing to work for the government will go into Medicine, and we are screwed.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #376
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,950

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    See, I think that was the plan all along, and the longer it stays in place, the more ultimate damage it will do. What can one say about something so corrosive that in this last mid term Obama effectively gagged the insurance actuaries from releasing their upcoming year rate increases forecast as they normally do in October, so that the voters out there wouldn't catch wind of how hard they are about to be hit.

    In any case when and if this turd finally does what it was always intended to do and collapse, the only thing our imbeciles in DC come up with is total government provided healthcare, through expanding the Medicare/Medicaid model. At that point only those willing to work for the government will go into Medicine, and we are screwed.
    It was originally written with a clause that would have took us to single payer...which I agree with you was the original plan. I still recall Obama's speech in support of single payer where he stated that we could not get there in one step. That clause was removed in an attempt to get at least support from republicans and moderate democrats. With the disasterous rollout of obamacare and it's continued unpopularity, I don't think single payer stands a snowball's chance in hell of passing. I think the left shot it's wad with obamacare and after last Tuesday night's midterms, the democrat party is not likely to go off the cliff on single payer as they did on obamacare. And they will not likely get the chance anytime soon. The democrats under Obama have a net loss of over 70 seats in the House of reps....and the republicans are likely to hold the gerrymandering advantage for decades. The Senate could flip every now and then, however the democrats are not going to be in a position to run the table in congress for quite some time. Single payer is not going to happen in my lifetime and probably not in yours.

  7. #377
    Live, Love, Laugh.
    SayMyName's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Taizhou, China
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Let's see if I have this right.

    1. Impeach the President.
    2. Attempt to shut down the government again.
    3. Expand government again faster than Democrats ever could.
    4. Support every foreign intervention that pumps money into favored military industrial complexes in certain districts.
    5. Call for special prosecutors to investigate everything the current administration has going on.

    Sounds like another great opportunity to show Americans why not to vote for them again come 2016.

  8. #378
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,950

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by SayMyName View Post
    Let's see if I have this right.

    1. Impeach the President.
    2. Attempt to shut down the government again.
    3. Expand government again faster than Democrats ever could.
    4. Support every foreign intervention that pumps money into favored military industrial complexes in certain districts.
    5. Call for special prosecutors to investigate everything the current administration has going on.

    Sounds like another great opportunity to show Americans why not to vote for them again come 2016.
    That sounds more like a rant then a prediction. You are pulling most of that out of your hat. Especially impeachment.

  9. #379
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    There are embargo's and restrictions on these tone woods for good reason. Next thing you'll tell me that it's over zealous bureaucracy that is prohibiting guitar makers from using elephant ivory for nuts and saddles.
    Wrong. The next thing I am telling you is to stick to the facts.

  10. #380
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    No. When I see a steaming load I call it what it is.
    There's always room for self reflection.

Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •