Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 397

Thread: GOP seizes Senate

  1. #281

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yep, the economy was in a tailspin, that is predominantly why such an open socialist like Obama was elected. The problem though is that his lofty rhetoric, and greek pillars were just show.

    He quickly projected that he had NO interest in actually making anything better for struggling Americans. This was clear when his first order of business was to bring in a former jailbird communist to construct a laundry list of progressive wants and ram it through against the wishes of the people and call it a healthcare bill.

    He also projects this lie of his when he counts making America better, and increasing opportunity not by actually creating good jobs, but rather simply not counting those long term unemployed who hav exhausted benefits and putting them on welfare.

    He has destroyed the moral of the country with his 'America is not exceptional' rhetoric, and his seemingly endless world apology tour making America no longer a player on the world stage that need not be listened to or taken seriously.

    So, could you say that Bush and repubs screwed the pooch when they failed to reign in crooks like Frank, and Dodd who ran cover for criminals like Franklin Raines who presided over the corruption of Fannie, and that this was a cause of the financial collapse? Then yes, agreed. But to elect the very incompetent, corrupt, lying machine that were actually responsible for the collapse in the first place is just plan retarded.

    We are idiocracy.
    Hey, what are conservative's comments about job growth losing steam because of the huge majority of baby boomers going into disability? Sure, you could argue that the labor force is falling. But if you look closely, it seems like the only age group that isn't getting better is people aged at least 65, who're retiring (meaning, baby boomers are going in droves). What is the truth behind that?

  2. #282
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    LOL.
    Looks like your answer is 'I dunno'.

    I think 50 bills are to repeal the ACA, and even McConnell has publicly said its a non starter!

    Most of those bills were passed knowing they would never be law- and MCConnell won't embarrass the GOP by actually bringing any to the floor.
    It actually looks like you and some others are the ones in the dark. This stuff has only been unknown to those who have no interest. There are lists and summaries available. What's really funny is that the GOP hasn't assumed control of the Senate yet, the election was only a day ago, and you guys on the left want to know what the agenda will be right this second. Did you miss the campaigns? Have you been asleep for four years in a leftist inspired trance, or what?

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by cowchops View Post
    Hey, what are conservative's comments about job growth losing steam because of the huge majority of baby boomers going into disability? Sure, you could argue that the labor force is falling. But if you look closely, it seems like the only age group that isn't getting better is people aged at least 65, who're retiring (meaning, baby boomers are going in droves). What is the truth behind that?
    Demographics predict the future quite well and we can see that the population of the western democracies was aging, people were retiring, and they expected to be looked after.

    The response to this, from a President whose ideologies have remained in the 1960's, was Obamacare. Now doctors, when they will be needed most, are leaving medicine.

    Free enterprise is what made America great but many Americans have forgotten all abut that, or were never taught it, or were taught to mistrust it, despite all the evidence that it works. Now they will learn just what it means to have layers of bureaucracy making their health care decisions for them when they once just visited their doctors office or, impossible to believe now, doctors actually visited them. Time to invest in outsourcing America's health care.

  4. #284

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Demographics predict the future quite well and we can see that the population of the western democracies was aging, people were retiring, and they expected to be looked after.

    The response to this, from a President whose ideologies have remained in the 1960's, was Obamacare. Now doctors, when they will be needed most, are leaving medicine.

    Free enterprise is what made America great but many Americans have forgotten all abut that, or were never taught it, or were taught to mistrust it, despite all the evidence that it works. Now they will learn just what it means to have layers of bureaucracy making their health care decisions for them when they once just visited their doctors office or, impossible to believe now, doctors actually visited them. Time to invest in outsourcing America's health care.
    No no, I meant in reply to his evidence of job growth. I'm looking more for the sound basis of it than an opinion. Sorry, although I know where you're coming from

  5. #285
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    The empirical evidence for such a line of thought is far from conclusive. If it were, people were reasonably rational and reasonably informed, there would be no political divide.
    Liberals and libertarians are reasonably rational and informed, while the GOP voters are clueless morons, as evidenced by the massive discrepancy in quality of life, education, economy, etc. of the liberal states (MA, MN, CA, WA, CT, etc.) vs. the right wing states (MS, AR, AL, LA, etc.).

    Even otherwise, as evidenced by right wing posts in this thread itself, it's clear that none of the GOP voters who put the Senate Repubs in power have any idea which of their objective these pols are going to accomplish--a clear indicator of voter ignorance.

    We keep asking them for specifics, and they come up empty

  6. #286
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,617

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by humbolt View Post
    It actually looks like you and some others are the ones in the dark. This stuff has only been unknown to those who have no interest. There are lists and summaries available. What's really funny is that the GOP hasn't assumed control of the Senate yet, the election was only a day ago, and you guys on the left want to know what the agenda will be right this second. Did you miss the campaigns? Have you been asleep for four years in a leftist inspired trance, or what?
    Yet somehow you can't articulate the agenda. Or show us these 'lists and summaries'.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #287
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,819

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    The combined op-ed by McConnell and Boehner today will serve as a beginning talking point.
    McConnell masterfully brings Boehner back into the loop, who is actually stronger against the outlying TEAs with a larger and more normal caucus.
    Priebus has quite effectively neutered and marginalized the TEA-wing and I wish normal GOP leaders God's speed in fixing this Nation with Obama .

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yet somehow you can't articulate the agenda. Or show us these 'lists and summaries'.
    Physics is Phun

  8. #288
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yet somehow you can't articulate the agenda. Or show us these 'lists and summaries'.
    Have you tried asking Harry Reid?

  9. #289
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Yet somehow you can't articulate the agenda. Or show us these 'lists and summaries'.
    No. You misunderstand. I'm not articulating an agenda. It has nothing to with can or can't. You could articulate the agenda yourself, but you're baiting desperately - looking for something you aren't going to get. Here's an idea. Make up one yourself and see how it stands against what actually happens. Tell me, have you listened to what McConnell has had to say about it yet?

  10. #290

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    The empirical evidence for such a line of thought is far from conclusive. If it were, people were reasonably rational and reasonably informed, there would be no political divide.
    Actually, no, political divide is good for any developed nation. Sure, it gets people angry, but the pendulum is good for fighting tyranny. Myself, I think people should value it more.

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •