Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 397

Thread: GOP seizes Senate

  1. #231
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Most Catholics who ignore what is written in their Bibles and vote for liberal democrats...

    may as well paint a pentogram on their floors, make a broze statue of those they worship like Obama, the Kardashians, and so on.

    They ACT like satan worshipers---even if they don't do it directly.

    Oh brother. Your avatar name is perfect.

  2. #232
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    I wasn't talking about the Federal Government, Although that's what proper and civilized Government does for their citizens if they absolutely need it. The right wants to drive down wages as much as possible, dissolve jobs and at the same time destroy the back up plan/Safetynet, whatever you want to call it that the people might need because of the shrinking wages and the disappearing jobs or maybe because they become crippled or disabled, thanks to right wing policies.
    The Democrats have held the Presidency and the Senate for the past 6 years and the House, too, for 2 of those 6. Guess what? Wages went down. They had SIX ****ING YEARS to implement their ideas and look where it got us. So spare me the hysterical nonsense. You are essentially blaming the right for WANTING to do what the left has actually accomplished.

  3. #233
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,206

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    A CNN exit poll showed that 44% of voters had a positive view of Democrats and 40% of Republicans. 6 in 10 disapproved of President Obama, while 8 in 10 thought Congress was failing to do it's job.
    America just elected the least popular party to the least trusted area of government. I sense confusion.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  4. #234
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Explain to me the benefit of driving down wages. Wouldn't it be more prudent to increase the customer base by creating an expanding economy where more individuals have disposable income to buy one's products? How do you expand economies? You promote business growth and creation...
    Overall republican policy has been a direct assault on living wages for Americans since the mid to late 80' lower-class and blue collar middle class have been accused of having wages and benefits that are too high both public and private sector even. They, first, claimed there was a need for increased efficiency. Then they targeted individual groups, leveraging a form of class envy to target college professorsí tenure, teacher benefits, the pay and benefits of any and all union workers. The result of this wide-ranging leveraging of envy to degrade the US middle class has been a lowering of overall standards of living, wages, and benefits for the larger American public. And it is this assault that has necessitated the US dependence on debt for growth for so many of its citizens.

  5. #235
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    A CNN exit poll showed that 44% of voters had a positive view of Democrats and 40% of Republicans. 6 in 10 disapproved of President Obama, while 8 in 10 thought Congress was failing to do it's job.
    America just elected the least popular party to the least trusted area of government. I sense confusion.
    You cannot look at national polls when dissecting state/local election results...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #236
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,690

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    making crazy Joe the vice president was one of Obama's smarter moves. even we who detest Obama's incompetence and his failures don't want Biden as president. He's as worthless as Obama with about half the brains
    I liked Joe, actually. Joe's also (perhaps with some sense of exaggeration) being promoted by Republican leadership as a useful liaison to White House negotiations for this upcoming term. Joe was far less wistful about campaigning than the fawning Obama supporters and had some decent policy choices. But you know..hope and change gets the young and the restless every time.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #237
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Overall republican policy has been a direct assault on living wages for Americans since the mid to late 80' lower-class and blue collar middle class have been accused of having wages and benefits that are too high both public and private sector even. They, first, claimed there was a need for increased efficiency. Then they targeted individual groups, leveraging a form of class envy to target college professors’ tenure, teacher benefits, the pay and benefits of any and all union workers. The result of this wide-ranging leveraging of envy to degrade the US middle class has been a lowering of overall standards of living, wages, and benefits for the larger American public. And it is this assault that has necessitated the US dependence on debt for growth for so many of its citizens.
    I hate to clue you in on this, but the middle class was replaced by automation and the lack of its children's desire to actually study/learn in schools when it had the chance to do so...

    Stop trying to blame individual failings on anyone other than the the person who failed...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #238
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    The Democrats have held the Presidency and the Senate for the past 6 years and the House, too, for 2 of those 6. Guess what? Wages went down. They had SIX ****ING YEARS to implement their ideas and look where it got us. So spare me the hysterical nonsense. You are essentially blaming the right for WANTING to do what the left has actually accomplished.
    Might be an anecdotal but my wages have gone up in the past six years, the Clinton years were also financially prosperous for me. It just took a few years for the pendulum to swing the other way from the mess that Bush left behind. People want more money in their paychecks. They want jobs, they don't want their Social Security messed with they don't want Medicare messed with. they don't want their pensions touched. Republicans look at all of those things is money to be picked at overtime. The GOP could **** up a one car funeral

  9. #239
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,708
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Overall republican policy has been a direct assault on living wages for Americans since the mid to late 80' lower-class and blue collar middle class have been accused of having wages and benefits that are too high both public and private sector even. They, first, claimed there was a need for increased efficiency. Then they targeted individual groups, leveraging a form of class envy to target college professorsí tenure, teacher benefits, the pay and benefits of any and all union workers. The result of this wide-ranging leveraging of envy to degrade the US middle class has been a lowering of overall standards of living, wages, and benefits for the larger American public. And it is this assault that has necessitated the US dependence on debt for growth for so many of its citizens.
    The only problem with your analysis is that it is absolutely untrue and directly refuted by fact.

    page1-800px-US_Real_Household_Median_Income_thru_2012.pdf.jpg

    Other than that, though, nice job.

  10. #240
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: GOP seizes Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Might be an anecdotal but my wages have gone up in the past six years, the Clinton years were also financially prosperous for me. It just took a few years for the pendulum to swing the other way from the mess that Bush left behind. People want more money in their paychecks. They want jobs, they don't want their Social Security messed with they don't want Medicare messed with. they don't want their pensions touched. Republicans look at all of those things is money to be picked at overtime. The GOP could **** up a one car funeral
    so exactly what is your trade?



Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •