Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 552

Thread: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

  1. #511
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are right, 17 million jobs, doubling of GDP, 60% increase in govt. FIT revenue, and a peace dividend and he won 49 states in 84 election
    Yup, sub-par performance compared to most democrats. Carter produced 11 million jobs in just 4 years. Clinton produced 22 million jobs in 8 years. And the price for that peace dividend was only a 250% increase in the federal debt. Do you realize that Reagan added more to the debt than all of the presidents before him, combined? Heck, even Obumer isn't going to break that record.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #512
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Plus they have a D after their name. Whenever you bring home a D, your parents aren't likely to be happy. Letters matter, you know.
    The D matters little - if they were smart, had good ideas and worked with other lettered individuals without demonizing them - the letters wouldn't matter at all.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  3. #513
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Yup, sub-par performance compared to most democrats. Carter produced 11 million jobs in just 4 years. Clinton produced 22 million jobs in 8 years. And the price for that peace dividend was only a 250% increase in the federal debt. Do you realize that Reagan added more to the debt than all of the presidents before him, combined? Heck, even Obumer isn't going to break that record.
    Reagan inherited a double dip recession, Carter and Clinton had growing economies. Wonder why BLS doesn't show those jobs creations? I realize this is become a game for you but the reality is there is no comparison between the 81-82 recession and recovery vs. the 2007-09 Recession and recovery

  4. #514
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I haven't done anything in this thread but point out the ridiculous nature of your posts. The failure in your posts is nearly overwhelming at times.
    You've pointed out your own ridiculousness in this thread, and rather poorly might I add.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #515
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Reagan inherited a double dip recession, Carter and Clinton had growing economies. Wonder why BLS doesn't show those jobs creations? I realize this is become a game for you but the reality is there is no comparison between the 81-82 recession and recovery vs. the 2007-09 Recession and recovery
    So what you are saying is that under Carter, our economy was good, but then Reagan takes office and not only did we have a recession, he mismanaged our economy so bad that we double dipped. Hmm. At least the Obama policies didn't result in that.

    Didn't Clinton inherit a recession also? I can't remember, maybe it was over by the date that Clinton took office, but I seem to remember that the reason we didn't reelect that first Bush was because our economy was so bad.

    You don't see a trend here?

    Or maybe you should just go ahead and admit that whoever happens to be in office can't really be blamed for national economic events that they didn't personally create, and stop playing the blame (the democrat) game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  6. #516
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    So what you are saying is that under Carter, our economy was good, but then Reagan takes office and not only did we have a recession, he mismanaged our economy so bad that we double dipped. Hmm. At least the Obama policies didn't result in that.

    Didn't Clinton inherit a recession also? I can't remember, maybe it was over by the date that Clinton took office, but I seem to remember that the reason we didn't reelect that first Bush was because our economy was so bad.

    You don't see a trend here?

    Or maybe you should just go ahead and admit that whoever happens to be in office can't really be blamed for national economic events that they didn't personally create, and stop playing the blame (the democrat) game.
    The recession of 1980 under Carter was a double dip in 1981 as NBER reports. Clinton inherited an economy that growing at over 4% so yes the recession was over. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

  7. #517
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The recession of 1980 under Carter was a double dip in 1981 as NBER reports. Clinton inherited an economy that growing at over 4% so yes the recession was over. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?
    I guess it is the same type of loyalty that conservatives have. I see no difference. All you extremist play the spin game, regardless of which extreme you happen to be on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #518
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Nope and apparently neither did you but then again I live in TX. The 81-82 recession was a double dip and was compounded by high interest rates and high inflation. Every American suffered
    No, I rode out both recessions fairly well, lucky me.

    Which doesn't mean neither one was a recession.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  9. #519
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The recession of 1980 under Carter was a double dip in 1981 as NBER reports. Clinton inherited an economy that growing at over 4% so yes the recession was over. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?
    Um... liberalism creates loyalty?

    My history book says that Reagan was president in 1981, not Carter.

    What does yours say?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #520
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,540

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The D matters little - if they were smart, had good ideas and worked with other lettered individuals without demonizing them - the letters wouldn't matter at all.
    They still matter to loyal partisans.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •