Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 552

Thread: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

  1. #471
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    The quote about slashing deficits in half occurred before the recession, and well before the era of trillion dollar deficits which he would inherit. That's a failed attempt at political gotcha.

    You don't inherit deficits, you create them with the yearly budget. Did you ever take civics? Obviously you haven't gotten to that class yet

  2. #472
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You don't inherit deficits, you create them with the yearly budget. Did you ever take civics? Obviously you haven't gotten to that class yet
    I suppose Reagan created double digit inflation and Roosevelt 30 percent unemployment as well. Thankfully most civics courses don't teach this type of bird brained logic.

  3. #473
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    I suppose Reagan created double digit inflation and Roosevelt 30 percent unemployment as well. Thankfully most civics courses don't teach this type of bird brained logic.
    What the hell are you talking about? Just admit you are wrong and apologize. Deficits are yearly, debt is cumulative. Obama inherited a 10.6 trillion dollar debt that is now approaching 18 million. Reality sucks, doesn't it?

  4. #474
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Actually, it's more like, "I got a 10% raise, so now we're only putting 5% of our expenses on the MasterCard instead of 15%." I don't see where government spending has declined, but revenues are up for the same reason they went down in '08, the rise and fall of the economy.
    If revenues are up, it's despite the current administrations policies not because of them. A little reminder - this is the "cash for clunkers" and "shovel ready jobs" administration.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #475
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,591

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    The quote about slashing deficits in half occurred before the recession, and well before the era of trillion dollar deficits which he would inherit. That's a failed attempt at political gotcha.
    No that is what a campaign promise is; pure BS or, as they like to say, setting a goal based on a SWAG.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #476
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,547

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If revenues are up, it's despite the current administrations policies not because of them. A little reminder - this is the "cash for clunkers" and "shovel ready jobs" administration.
    Plus they have a D after their name. Whenever you bring home a D, your parents aren't likely to be happy. Letters matter, you know.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #477
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Kushinator View Post
    You can always tell the weakness of ones position when they have to tout CBO projections.
    on the one hand, I agree that static analysis is deeply inherently flawed, on the other:


  8. #478
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,981

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    So you say, but then you fail to demonstrate by action.
    I haven't done anything in this thread but point out the ridiculous nature of your posts. The failure in your posts is nearly overwhelming at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    If revenues are up, it's despite the current administrations policies not because of them.
    But when they go down, it's entirely because of the administration's policies, right? Unless it's good they go down, then it had nothing to do with the administration's policies.

    People like you are just too predictable. You make me laugh so much.

  9. #479
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,026

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    The stock market is up, unemployment is down, the housing market is coming back, how can you say that Obama didn't get results?
    Because there is no causation there. And the main indicator, GDP growth, is still slow.

  10. #480
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Because there is no causation there. And the main indicator, GDP growth, is still slow.
    A President does not have to cause results for them to occur during their administration. Your issue is purely partisan; lacking any and all substance.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •