Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 552

Thread: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

  1. #351
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    LOL?? Reagan 1.7 trillion added to the debt, GW BUsh 4.9 trillion added to the debt, both in 8 years, Obama 7+ Trillion added to the debt in 6+ years.

    You don't seem to be able to comprehend that liberals claim that expenses are responding to inflation but ignoring that revenue responds to inflation as well with the problem being inflation adjusted revenue isn't keeping up with liberal spending. Obama couldn't care less about the deficit and debt as evidenced by his 3.9 trillion dollar budget request. Does that sound like someone caring about the deficit?

  2. #352
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am sure you can figure out out, especially someone of your superior intelligence
    I'm not a mind reader, and if you can't develop your own argument, perhaps you need a different venue.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #353
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm not a mind reader, and if you can't develop your own argument, perhaps you need a different venue.
    Post 351 addresses your issue. The problem isn't inflation adjusted expenses but rather liberal spending exceeding inflation adjusted revenue. The debt is the debt and it exceeds 7.3 trillion for Obama

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

  4. #354
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL?? Reagan 1.7 trillion added to the debt, GW BUsh 4.9 trillion added to the debt, both in 8 years, Obama 7+ Trillion added to the debt in 6+ years.

    You don't seem to be able to comprehend that liberals claim that expenses are responding to inflation but ignoring that revenue responds to inflation as well with the problem being inflation adjusted revenue isn't keeping up with liberal spending. Obama couldn't care less about the deficit and debt as evidenced by his 3.9 trillion dollar budget request. Does that sound like someone caring about the deficit?
    More tossing out big numbers and trying to shock. It's pretty silly actually.

    What I see is an attempt to pin the entire growth of the debt on Obama as if he started with no debt or deficit. Utter nonsense. Obama started out with a deficit that was WAAAYY out of whack. There's absolutely no way he or anyone can completely eliminate the entire deficit in one year and still have a viable country. Until we the deficit can be brought down to zero, the debt will continue to rise.

    I'm sure that's why you continue to site debt and not deficit. That's an argument you'll lose.


    So, if you want to tack on all of the deficit responsibility on Obama, are you also willing to credit Obama for reducing the deficit (as noted in the original article)?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  5. #355
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    More tossing out big numbers and trying to shock. It's pretty silly actually.

    What I see is an attempt to pin the entire growth of the debt on Obama as if he started with no debt or deficit. Utter nonsense. Obama started out with a deficit that was WAAAYY out of whack. There's absolutely no way he or anyone can completely eliminate the entire deficit in one year and still have a viable country. Until we the deficit can be brought down to zero, the debt will continue to rise.

    I'm sure that's why you continue to site debt and not deficit. That's an argument you'll lose.


    So, if you want to tack on all of the deficit responsibility on Obama, are you also willing to credit Obama for reducing the deficit (as noted in the original article)?
    No, sorry, Obama started with a 2009 budget that he signed thus accepted. Deficits are yearly and come from the budget. He inherited a 10.6 trillion dollar debt that is now up 7.3 trillion dollars approaching 18 trillion. I want people like you to get an education on the budget process and the difference between deficit and debt

  6. #356
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Post 351 addresses your issue. The problem isn't inflation adjusted expenses but rather liberal spending exceeding inflation adjusted revenue. The debt is the debt and it exceeds 7.3 trillion for Obama

    Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)
    Con, you keep proving over and over that despite the uncounted number of times you have been been shown the causes of the current debt (unfunded war costs, tax cuts, economic declines otherwise known as the Bush Recession) it never gets through. You always shift the discussion away from one losing argument to an old losing argument....as if you and I have not had this debate before. Do you remember anything? Do you remember any lesson taught?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #357
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    12,785

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Please let us know which news service you find credible since it isn't Fox and then support your insinuation that Obama is like Clinton?
    No explanation needed.
    "A man you can bait with a tweet is not a man we can trust with nuclear weapons." --Hillary Rodham Clinton
    "Innocent until proven guilty is for criminal convictions, not elections." --Mitt Romney

  8. #358
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Con, you keep proving over and over that despite the uncounted number of times you have been been shown the causes of the current debt (unfunded war costs, tax cuts, economic declines otherwise known as the Bush Recession) it never gets through. You always shift the discussion away from one losing argument to an old losing argument....as if you and I have not had this debate before. Do you remember anything? Do you remember any lesson taught?
    You lose the argument everytime you talk about people keeping more of what they earn as an expense to the govt. All costs for the wars are in the debt Obama inherited

  9. #359
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You lose the argument everytime you talk about people keeping more of what they earn as an expense to the govt. All costs for the wars are in the debt Obama inherited
    Um, no they are not, from the cost of the borrowing to the cost of care for the vets to replacement of material...the costs continue.

    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 11-11-14 at 03:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #360
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um, no they are not, from the cost of the borrowing to the cost of care for the vets to replacement of material...the costs continue.
    How much of the 7.3 trillion Obama has added to the debt are due to increases in VA costs? Still running from the fact that you keeping more of what you earn isn't an expense to the govt no matter how many times you say it or how brainwashed other liberals are

Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •