Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 552

Thread: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

  1. #341
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    The Deficit is shrinking because revenues are at historical high's. Looks like your spender in chief still occupies his spot
    Revenues are always at historic highs (if you actually like to look at it historically) if you're comparing raw numbers. Is that what you're doing? If so, the post is meaningless.

    The same applies to the debt for the most part. Until we crush the deficit, the debt will never stop rising. Currently, we're on the right track of deficit reduction.
    Last edited by Tettsuo; 11-11-14 at 02:19 PM.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  2. #342
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    Revenues are always at historic highs (if you actually like to look at it historically) if you're comparing raw numbers. Is that what you're doing? If so, the post is meaningless.
    Not at all. Taking a look at apples to apples in terms of measuring revenues v spending is precisely the relevant measure.

  3. #343
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Not at all. Taking a look at apples to apples in terms of measuring revenues v spending is precisely the relevant measure.
    Not really, no. If revenues are always climbing from president to president, then it's meaningless to quote the fact that revenues are higher under Obama. Revenues would be higher no matter who is in office or what they actually do while in office.

    So the comparison is pointless.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  4. #344
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    all that really shows is that revenues are growing faster than GDP is.
    No, not really. it is showing that revenues are starting to decline as a % of GDP.
    It is the dollar amount that is at record high's.
    Nominal, and ignoring the size of the economy that the revenues are being drawn from.
    If the argument is that Obama isn't a spender because the deficit is shrinking, and that is being driven by revenues increasing rather than expenditures falling, well, then the argument is incorrect.
    If you need to shift your argument away from revenue to something else, so be it....I was debating the level of revenues and showing that as a matter of historical rates, it is not out of the ordinary...it is in fact very ordinary.

    If you want to argue the level of spending as a % of GDP, Kush already covered that:



    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063967286
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #345
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Not at all. Taking a look at apples to apples in terms of measuring revenues v spending is precisely the relevant measure.
    So is your basic argument that as a nation becomes larger both in population and the size of the economy, government should get smaller in nominal levels?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #346
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Where did you mention revenue in what I responded to?

    I guess this is the only way that you can admit to getting a basic point of economics incorrect, shift the topic. Your better argument would have been to say that we are not going to see much in the way of higher rates of inflation (since it is going to be a while before wages push inflation) thus causing relative higher borrowing costs.....but then you would be up against low rates of interests....so on and so forth...
    you didn't and that is the point, you are so quick to focus on inflation adjusted expenses that you ignore the inflation adjusted revenue.

  7. #347
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That's interesting. Does that make you part of the "denial of math" crowd?


    Hey, you know what the neatest thing about unfunded liabilities is? They will never matter because they are so far in the future!!!
    It would be a good idea to actually understand the topics you attempt to discuss. To save time:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063846910
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #348
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    you didn't and that is the point, you are so quick to focus on inflation adjusted expenses that you ignore the inflation adjusted revenue.
    Please, tell us about "inflation adjusted revenue", lets see where your rabbit hole leads....
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #349
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Please, tell us about "inflation adjusted revenue", lets see where your rabbit hole leads....
    I am sure you can figure out out, especially someone of your superior intelligence

  10. #350
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by conservative View Post
    i am sure you can figure out out, especially someone of your superior intelligence
    BAQtM_QCIAAGlJs.jpg

    lol!
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •