Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 552

Thread: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

  1. #251
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Whose this we stuff? I don't think anyone was actually talking to you. But if you want to weigh in on yet another fiscal thread were you ultimately go down in flames... help yerself!
    Didn't realize this was a private thread but I do realize that you are a legend in your own mind. Facts simply don't support your contention. Reality Bush submitted a budget with a 400 billion plus deficit that was never passed by Congress or signed by Bush. The deficit exceeded 1.4 trillion dollars and the budget signed by Obama. Not surprisingly you and other liberals blame Bush and ignore Obama. The electorate gets it, when will you?

  2. #252
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    34,806

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Didn't realize this was a private thread but I do realize that you are a legend in your own mind. Facts simply don't support your contention. Reality Bush submitted a budget with a 400 billion plus deficit that was never passed by Congress or signed by Bush. The deficit exceeded 1.4 trillion dollars and the budget signed by Obama. Not surprisingly you and other liberals blame Bush and ignore Obama. The electorate gets it, when will you?
    You dropped in and offered "No we are talking..." when I didn't even address you at all. You volunteered yourself but... ok. Yeah... you got Bush crashing the economy in 2007 through 2009 and handing it off to Obama. Sorry you can't blame O for the mess before him as much as you would love to and as much as you try to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #253
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You dropped in and offered "No we are talking..." when I didn't even address you at all. You volunteered yourself but... ok. Yeah... you got Bush crashing the economy in 2007 through 2009 and handing it off to Obama. Sorry you can't blame O for the mess before him as much as you would love to and as much as you try to.
    Here we go again, no one is blaming Obama for the recession, but everyone ie blaming Obama for the poor recovery and his failed economic policies. There is a reason that he ha. is a 41% JAR as well as got a thumping on Tuesday but people like you are too partisan and too poorly informed to understand it. It is really a shame how poorly educated you are on civics as well as the budget process so there is no question that you are in that 41% who still supports Obama and blames Bush 6 years after Bush left office. Must be lonely in your alternate universe.

    I am amazing at what poor understanding you have of leadership skills and how anyone could call themselves a Proud liberal with 20 million unemployed/under employed/discouraged workers, almost 18 trillion in debt, foreign policy disasters and the complete loss of the Congress. What is it about liberalism that creates people like you where results don't matter or the actual results easily distorted?

  4. #254
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,007

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Lets move forward. Bush isnt President.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Lets move forward. Bush isnt President.
    Thank you. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy every time someone says that. In a couple of years, I'll feel the same way when someone points out that Obama is no longer president.

    But, OMG! Who's going to be next??!!
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  6. #256
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Thank you. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy every time someone says that. In a couple of years, I'll feel the same way when someone points out that Obama is no longer president.

    But, OMG! Who's going to be next??!!
    I actually can't imagine why anyone would want to be president these days.

    And the next POTUS, regardless of party, is statistically very likely to have another recession on his/her hands as we will be overdue for one.

    If they don't experience a recession, then it will be a record length of time without a recession - I wonder who's gonna take credit for that record?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #257
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,244

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I actually can't imagine why anyone would want to be president these days.

    And the next POTUS, regardless of party, is statistically very likely to have another recession on his/her hands as we will be overdue for one.

    If they don't experience a recession, then it will be a record length of time without a recession - I wonder who's gonna take credit for that record?
    it is hard to see how the next president could not have a recession. There is still a huge amount of money in the economy and the corresponding bubbles are forming or already a clear danger. And the trade deficit might not be as much in view at present, but it is still rather on the large side.

  8. #258
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,007

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Thank you. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy every time someone says that. In a couple of years, I'll feel the same way when someone points out that Obama is no longer president.

    But, OMG! Who's going to be next??!!
    I will be saying that. Obama is not responsible for the bills passed after he leaves office, or the actions NOT taken. IE, Bush is not responsible for the currents govt failure to deal with out of control entitlement spending.

  9. #259
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I actually can't imagine why anyone would want to be president these days.

    And the next POTUS, regardless of party, is statistically very likely to have another recession on his/her hands as we will be overdue for one.

    If they don't experience a recession, then it will be a record length of time without a recession - I wonder who's gonna take credit for that record?
    Probably the Republicans.

    and the Democrats.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #260
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: U.S. Deficit Decline to 2.8% of GDP Is Unprecedented Turn

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    it is hard to see how the next president could not have a recession. There is still a huge amount of money in the economy and the corresponding bubbles are forming or already a clear danger. And the trade deficit might not be as much in view at present, but it is still rather on the large side.
    What are those bubbles?
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •