Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 1042

Thread: The Mid-Terms Results Thread [W:517]

  1. #1
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,437

    The Mid-Terms Results Thread [W:517]

    for posting the results and calls as they come in throughout the day/night.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    43,623

    Re: The Mid-Terms Results Thread

    So far, the result of there being a mid term election are as follows:

    Two teams fans have entered the stadium, and are sitting on opposite sides. Cheerleaders are waving pom poms, dancing, shouting, making human pyramids, and in general creating excitement. There is a guy in a donkey suit doing handstands on one side, while another in an elephant suit is running about and waving his arms. The fans on both sides are chanting and shouting. Vendors are selling $8 hot dogs, $10 cups of semi flat beer, and $30 made in China T shirts with the tea... I mean party logos on them. Tailgaters are in the parking lot picnicking on tri tip and more beer.

    It's an exciting time! Let's post the scores as they come in!
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge" Stephen Hawking

  3. #3
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 08:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: The Mid-Terms Results Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So far, the result of there being a mid term election are as follows:

    Two teams fans have entered the stadium, and are sitting on opposite sides. Cheerleaders are waving pom poms, dancing, shouting, making human pyramids, and in general creating excitement. There is a guy in a donkey suit doing handstands on one side, while another in an elephant suit is running about and waving his arms. The fans on both sides are chanting and shouting. Vendors are selling $8 hot dogs, $10 cups of semi flat beer, and $30 made in China T shirts with the tea... I mean party logos on them. Tailgaters are in the parking lot picnicking on tri tip and more beer.

    It's an exciting time! Let's post the scores as they come in!
    MMC's posts seem the most consistently guilty of applying lowbrow sports commentary analysis to what should be a societal reflection on our shared future.

    I can only imagine it difficult for him to post while wearing an oversized novelty foam finger.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    02-16-18 @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: The Mid-Terms Results Thread

    Both parties are worse then useless, IMO...so either way America loses.


  5. #5
    Sage

    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: The Mid-Terms Results Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Both parties are worse then useless, IMO...so either way America loses.

    it is insanely stupid how the voters in this country (as a collective) vote. They get made at the dems, so they vote for repubs. Then they get mad at the repubs and vote for the dems. Remembering that they don't actually like dems they again vote for the repubs they dont like. It blows my mind that people continue to vote for groups of people who's collective approval ratings are constantly poor.
    I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole.


  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    02-16-18 @ 01:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: The Mid-Terms Results Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    it is insanely stupid how the voters in this country (as a collective) vote. They get made at the dems, so they vote for repubs. Then they get mad at the repubs and vote for the dems. Remembering that they don't actually like dems they again vote for the repubs they dont like. It blows my mind that people continue to vote for groups of people who's collective approval ratings are constantly poor.
    I agree 100%.

    And what is worse, IMO, is when these same people - who know they are voting for rotten politicians - justify it with that old 'it is your duty to vote' nonsense...like voting for someone horrible is better then not voting at all.

    To me, you are doing a disservice to your country if you knowingly vote for a person who you believe will make a poor politician JUST BECAUSE they are running for the political party you like.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,061

    Re: The Mid-Terms Results Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So far, the result of there being a mid term election are as follows:

    Two teams fans have entered the stadium, and are sitting on opposite sides. Cheerleaders are waving pom poms, dancing, shouting, making human pyramids, and in general creating excitement. There is a guy in a donkey suit doing handstands on one side, while another in an elephant suit is running about and waving his arms. The fans on both sides are chanting and shouting. Vendors are selling $8 hot dogs, $10 cups of semi flat beer, and $30 made in China T shirts with the tea... I mean party logos on them. Tailgaters are in the parking lot picnicking on tri tip and more beer.

    It's an exciting time! Let's post the scores as they come in!
    Also, there is a guy in the parking lot wearing a porcupine suit who was not invited to the game, not allowed to buy a ticket and no one will cover him. Also some random other guys in outfits who were not invited.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,158

    Re: The Mid-Terms Results Thread

    I don't know whether to watch election results tonight, or the car shows on Discovery.

    Decisions, decisions...

  9. #9
    Sage

    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Over that way
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,566

    Re: The Mid-Terms Results Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    I agree 100%.

    And what is worse, IMO, is when these same people - who know they are voting for rotten politicians - justify it with that old 'it is your duty to vote' nonsense...like voting for someone horrible is better then not voting at all.

    To me, you are doing a disservice to your country if you knowingly vote for a person who you believe will make a poor politician JUST BECAUSE they are running for the political party you like.
    I doubt that most people actually like their own political parties. They like what that party is supposed to represent, and whatever party they "like" has them terrified of what the other party will do if they dont vote, or vote any different than their party.
    I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it is for or against. I'm a human being, first and foremost, and as such I'm for whoever and whatever benefits humanity as a whole.


  10. #10
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,051

    Re: The Mid-Terms Results Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    I doubt that most people actually like their own political parties. They like what that party is supposed to represent, and whatever party they "like" has them terrified of what the other party will do if they dont vote, or vote any different than their party.
    I think if people were honest about it, they vote for who they dislike or distrust the least.

Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •