Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 111

Thread: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

  1. #71
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    ...and there was a reason the local government officials concocted the story about their helicopter having been shot at....
    The previously provided twitter image shows what the word on the ground was. So your claim of "concocted" is a manifestation of your own imagination.

    Regardless if it was confirmed or not, you still have to act in the best interests of safety, which they did.



    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    But the point of this thread is that the locals prevaricated to the feds in their request for TFR, and that little factoid shows the mentality of the authorities, and their desire to at least ATTEMPT to keep the public in the dark about what was happening there. Just that simple--the authorities make stuff up as they please.
    That isn't what happened.
    You are doing nothing more than talking made-up nonsense.

    It was for safety purposes and the press still had access on the ground and in the air.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #72
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The previously provided twitter image shows what the word on the ground was. So your claim of "concocted" is a manifestation of your own imagination.

    Regardless if it was confirmed or not, you still have to act in the best interests of safety, which they did.

    Nonsense. If somebody had fired on the police helicopter, especially if they had hit it, there would have been pictures plastered all over the media, along with comments from the police pilots fired upon. They would have maximized the event in the media.





    That isn't what happened.
    You are doing nothing more than talking made-up nonsense.

    It was for safety purposes and the press still had access on the ground and in the air.
    Nonsense. The TFR was political in nature, nothing more. Not safety. The TFR was brought to us to "protect the POTUS". Safety is what the public spin is, but the facts are that political considerations, "national security" is what they are all about.

    Government at all levels operate in the world of "lie and spin", and this is a small example of just that. Numerous news helicopters operate over spontaneous public events like that all the time with seldom an accident.

    Safety you say---

  3. #73
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,274

    Re: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I agree 150%.

    But the point of this thread is that the locals prevaricated to the feds in their request for TFR, and that little factoid shows the mentality of the authorities, and their desire to at least ATTEMPT to keep the public in the dark about what was happening there. Just that simple--the authorities make stuff up as they please.
    Yea. Why would they want to keep the public in the dark?

    http://abcnews.go.com/US/protesters-...ry?id=25718679
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  4. #74
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    In non conspiratorial news, "Earlier this week we found out that sources close to the proceedings in Ferguson believe that there won’t be any state level murder charges forthcoming against Darren Wilson stemming from the shooting of Michael Brown this summer. Now the Washington Post is claiming that an anonymous source familiar with proceedings at the Justice Department don’t see much hope for a federal level civil rights case against the officer either."

    No federal civil rights charges expected against Darren Wilson « Hot Air

    So there's nothing there....Move along.
    Deep Throat?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #75
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I agree 150%.

    But the point of this thread is that the locals prevaricated to the feds in their request for TFR, and that little factoid shows the mentality of the authorities, and their desire to at least ATTEMPT to keep the public in the dark about what was happening there. Just that simple--the authorities make stuff up as they please.
    Did that stop reporting from the ground?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Nonsense.
    Yes, that is what you speak.


    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    The TFR was political in nature, nothing more. Not safety.
    See! There is that nonsense.
    Your whole premiss is flawed and disproved by what actually occurred.
    It is ;like you don't even use common sense.

    It was for safety purposes. Period.
    There was a report of shots fired at supposedly "police helicopters". This was at 8:22 PM.

    Do you think the rioters are able to distinguish between a Police helicopter and a Press helicopter in the dark?

    As previously provided.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Here is another report from yesterday that others may be interested in.

    St. Louis County Police says intelligence reported both shots, lasers targeting helicopters in Ferguson, Mo., area - @rlippmann
    AirLive.net: ALERT St. Louis County Police says intelligence reported both shots, lasers targeting helicopters in Ferguson, Mo., area - @rlippmann


    So can the bs folks, the restrictions are there and were there for safety purposes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Safety is what the public spin is,
    There is that nonsense again.
    Your whole premiss is flawed.
    The Press was not restricted or prevented from reporting. So it could not have been for that reason. Duh!



    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Government at all levels operate in the world of "lie and spin", and this is a small example of just that.

    No, that would be you trying to pass off your convoluted thoughts as rational.


    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    Numerous news helicopters operate over spontaneous public events like that all the time with seldom an accident.
    Irrelevant!
    This is a different type of event where rioters are taking actions against aircraft with gunshots being fired, and lasers being shined.

    The restrictions were for safety reasons.
    So stop with your convoluted bs.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #77
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Did that stop reporting from the ground?
    As I have already posted on this thread several times, no. Cameras were on the ground. They just were not overhead. No difference IMO.

    But that's not really the point. The point is that deception was employed, again, by a government agency.

  8. #78
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    As I have already posted on this thread several times, no. Cameras were on the ground. They just were not overhead. No difference IMO.

    But that's not really the point. The point is that deception was employed, again, by a government agency.
    The evildoers are probably rubbing their hands together, trying to determine what to with you after discovering their evil plot.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #79
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,267

    Re: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The evildoers are probably rubbing their hands together, trying to determine what to with you after discovering their evil plot.
    I doubt that very much, but I know that's your attempt at humor to compensate for the lost point in the discussion. No problem dude. It's hard for some to admit they were wrong.

  10. #80
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Ferguson police used flight restrictions to muzzle media, with feds' help

    Quote Originally Posted by Henry David View Post
    I doubt that very much, but I know that's your attempt at humor to compensate for the lost point in the discussion. No problem dude. It's hard for some to admit they were wrong.
    You are a huge conspiracy theorists who is so paranoid, that you see evil in every single event. It must be tough going through life that way, but there are number of reasons for keeping news helicopters out of the area. And the news people btw had plenty of ability to sensationalize the news about this incident, so that wasn't stopped at all by the police decision.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •