Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72

Thread: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    AFAIK they aren't posting voting results, just numbers of ballots received by party.
    True, but if the state is posting the number of Republicans vs Democrats voting, it doesn't much math to guess that the majority of R's are voting R, and the D's are voting D.

    Like other election, IMO, these votes should not be posted until after the polls close.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    True, but if the state is posting the number of Republicans vs Democrats voting, it doesn't much math to guess that the majority of R's are voting R, and the D's are voting D.

    Like other election, IMO, these votes should not be posted until after the polls close.
    I dont know CO's laws, but I haven't seen that this is illegal.

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,336

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I dont know CO's laws, but I haven't seen that this is illegal.
    I'm not sure either, but I guess the state believes it is.

    A similar issue occured a few years back when the networks were calling elections before the polls closed everywhere. The argument was that the info might influence late voters, particularily on the west coast. The practice has stopped.

    IMO, this info could influence not just votes, but how campaigns are run the last few days. Especially when the info is released days ahead.

    Do we really need to know play by play data ahead of the official election day.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Ohio wanted to own the momentum of the election, by getting the ball rolling early.
    Yeah, but when you start early voting 6 weeks out or however early it was a lot of stuff can happen between then and election day. There has been a lot of October surprises in history that effected the election in November.

    It is my understanding that early voting was instituted so more people could vote. If true it hasn't worked. Back in the 1960's with only voting on election day you have well over 60% of the electorate cast their votes. Even the midterms back then almost 50% of the people voted in them.

    in 2012 53% voted, 2008 56% 2004 55% and in 2000 51%, a far cry from the 65% who voted in just one day back in the 1960's. Recent midterms are just as bad with early voting, 35-38% vs 45-49% back in the 60's.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #65
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    Yeah, but when you start early voting 6 weeks out or however early it was a lot of stuff can happen between then and election day. There has been a lot of October surprises in history that effected the election in November.

    It is my understanding that early voting was instituted so more people could vote. If true it hasn't worked. Back in the 1960's with only voting on election day you have well over 60% of the electorate cast their votes. Even the midterms back then almost 50% of the people voted in them.

    in 2012 53% voted, 2008 56% 2004 55% and in 2000 51%, a far cry from the 65% who voted in just one day back in the 1960's. Recent midterms are just as bad with early voting, 35-38% vs 45-49% back in the 60's.
    All true, but I think it's done more for political reasons.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    All true, but I think it's done more for political reasons.
    Behind all changes in election laws are done for political reasons, to give one side an advantage or the other.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #67
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Like Rush has never been a drug abuser.
    Alex Lifeson, maybe, but I never pictured Neil Peart or Geddy Lee abusing drugs.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #68
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I guarantee you won't hear much bitching about fraud from Conservatives if it's a Repub victory (which looks likely)
    They probably say it's proof that their 'protections' worked.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #69
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    They won't have actually eliminated anything. They just won't bitch because they won.
    Which will be taken as evidence of the absence of fraud.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #70
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    LOL, now that's funny.
    Good point though.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •