Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 72

Thread: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

  1. #21
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    This means that all the people trying to keep early voting at a lower level will be working to expand it now.
    I'm still not in favor of early voting. Even if republicans always won early voting numbers, I'd still be against it.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,943
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I'm still not in favor of early voting. Even if republicans always won early voting numbers, I'd still be against it.
    I'm not either, even though I have already voted. I am with you, it doesn't matter which side benefits or not, we have election day and that is what it should be, Election Day. Not Election week, Election Month and so on. For those who are not home or can't vote that day, there is always an absentee ballot.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #23
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I'm still not in favor of early voting. Even if republicans always won early voting numbers, I'd still be against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I'm not either, even though I have already voted. I am with you, it doesn't matter which side benefits or not, we have election day and that is what it should be, Election Day. Not Election week, Election Month and so on. For those who are not home or can't vote that day, there is always an absentee ballot.
    I'm with you two. I did vote last week because I was down at the county building to register a vehicle anyway, so I "killed two birds with one stone" so to speak, but as a general concept I'd rather we not have it.

    But, at the same time, it's not like it's a total outrage, either, and is waaaaay down on my list of things to worry about.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    This means that all the people trying to keep early voting at a lower level will be working to expand it now.
    I'm generally against early voting more than a week out, and think it absolutely should be reported in some fashion on a daily basis (similar to how the vote totals are reported for the actual final day of the electoin), and my stance on that remains regardless of who it's helping out.

  5. #25
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    This is one of those races that I'll be watching really closely tomorrow.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #26
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm generally against early voting more than a week out, and think it absolutely should be reported in some fashion on a daily basis (similar to how the vote totals are reported for the actual final day of the electoin), and my stance on that remains regardless of who it's helping out.
    I think daily reporting it would only make it worse... Serving to decrease turnout on election day. Soe will just say, oh, my guy is so far behind (or ahead) there is no reason to even vote any longer.

  7. #27
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,319

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    How about this...Make Voting day the Saturday after taxes are due....So that would be second weekend of April....Then people would actually not have much excuse for not getting there, as most people are off on the weekends, at least those with normal jobs...Not me ofcourse....But then I usually vote by absentee ballot because I never know if I am going to be home on the day....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #28
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'm generally against early voting more than a week out, and think it absolutely should be reported in some fashion on a daily basis (similar to how the vote totals are reported for the actual final day of the electoin), and my stance on that remains regardless of who it's helping out.
    I'm against any kind of reporting on any day prior to actual election day. I think it could skew the results because people might base their decision whether to vote at all based on the early numbers. I'd prefer that people's motivation to vote (or not) be honest.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #29
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I'm against any kind of reporting on any day prior to actual election day. I think it could skew the results because people might base their decision whether to vote at all based on the early numbers. I'd prefer that people's motivation to vote (or not) be honest.
    My take is that under our current system I don't really believe that peoples motivation to vote or not is singularly "honest". Both sides routinely go out of their way with ground games attempting to stir people up on, or before, election day to get them to the polls largely out of pressure and constant bothering. I don't find people spurred to vote based on those type of things any more "honest" than those spurred because of seeing an early vote total.

  10. #30
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Republicans take big lead in colorado early voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    My take is that under our current system I don't really believe that peoples motivation to vote or not is singularly "honest". Both sides routinely go out of their way with ground games attempting to stir people up on, or before, election day to get them to the polls largely out of pressure and constant bothering. I don't find people spurred to vote based on those type of things any more "honest" than those spurred because of seeing an early vote total.
    I think it's subconscious for most people. If their person is ahead they may not feel any urgency and choose to be lazy. If their person is behind, and they are usually lazy, that may motivate them whereas they may not have been motivated otherwise.

    Supposedly, this is why many news organizations choose to wait until after the polls close before they start giving numbers, even though they don't have to wait.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •