Page 75 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #741
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have no idea. Why would that be important as it has been part of these discussions here for years now.
    So it was a link from somewhere in the past, unmentioned in this thread, yet you asked me if I was referring to it. That sort of thickness has to be deliberate.

  2. #742
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    What facts are you disputing?

    Do you dispute the fact that McCotter was fraudulently placed on the ballot for at least three election cycles?
    Do you dispute the fact that McCotter should have have been in Congress representing that Michigan district?
    Do you dispute the fact that fraud and criminality were used to put him on the ballot?
    Do you dispute the fact that over 700,000 people in Michigan were cheated out of a legitimate representative for the better part of three terms?

    Are you disputing these facts because none of them involve my opinion.
    So voter fraud does exist???

  3. #743
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,020

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So it was a link from somewhere in the past, unmentioned in this thread, yet you asked me if I was referring to it. That sort of thickness has to be deliberate.
    You do understand what a question mark at the end of a sentence means don't you. I asked because I joined the discussion late and was not going to review sixty-somep ages of posts to see if that was the study being referred to. I hoped it was as it is the definitive study on the subject.

    And that is why I asked complete with question mark.

    The "thickness" seems to be on your part in not understanding the question.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #744
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,020

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So voter fraud does exist???
    The fraud in the McCotter case involved McCotter and his office staff. Why you would ask that question after reproducing my information about the McCotter case is a mystery.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #745
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The fraud in the McCotter case involved McCotter and his office staff. Why you would ask that question after reproducing my information about the McCotter case is a mystery.
    Believe it or not but there are those dimbulbs who claim voter fraud is a myth.

  6. #746
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,020

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Believe it or not but there are those dimbulbs who claim voter fraud is a myth.
    I have never come across one person who denies that there may be a case of voter fraud. Can you present this DIMBULB and their views and tell us why it is significant?

    For me the question has always been one of does the size of the alleged problem warrant the proposed solution knowing the possible negative uses of the solution.
    Last edited by haymarket; 11-03-14 at 07:15 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #747
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I have never come across one person who denies that there may be a case of voter fraud.
    That there MAY be a case of voter fraud? If we want to get into maybes then the list can be quite long. Life after death? Life on other planets? Intelligent leftists? Maybe! But who really knows?



    Can you present this DIMBULB and their views and tell us why it is significant?
    I'm referring to those people you seem to surround yourself with who claim that voter fraud is insignificant.

    For me the question has always been one of does the size of the alleged problem warrant the proposed solution knowing the possible negative uses of the solution.
    Why not list the positives of voter fraud so we can better understand your argument?

  8. #748
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,020

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That there MAY be a case of voter fraud? If we want to get into maybes then the list can be quite long. Life after death? Life on other planets? Intelligent leftists? Maybe! But who really knows?



    I'm referring to those people you seem to surround yourself with who claim that voter fraud is insignificant.

    Why not list the positives of voter fraud so we can better understand your argument?
    Are you going out of your way to be intentionally insulting? I ask because that is how you are coming off.

    Asking me to list the positives of voter fraud so you can understand my argument is both an insult to me as well as a deliberate complete and total fabrication of my position.

    Why would you engage in such a thing?
    Last edited by haymarket; 11-03-14 at 07:27 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #749
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Where do you get the idea that I do not want the system to be protected against voter fraud?
    I didn't say you didn't. But citing one type of fraud as an attack on the measures to negate another is nonsense.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #750
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,020

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    I didn't say you didn't. But citing one type of fraud as an attack on the measures to negate another is nonsense.
    The question here is simple: is election fraud a problem that is on a level to warrant the solutions proposed knowing the potential risks of those solutions and the already announced intention to use it for partisan purposes. I have seen no verifiable evidence that it is a problem on such a level to warrant that risk.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 75 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •