Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #691
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They were posted earlier but you predictably ignored the links.
    Are you referring to the Brennan Center comprehensive study of voter fraud?

    http://www.brennancenter.org/sites/d...er%20Fraud.pdf

    It is the most comprehensive and thorough study done of the subject of voter fraud in the USA in modern times.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #692
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    you and I both know that is not how it works. An unsolved murder is still a murder. So it is a really dishonest comparison.
    A vote attributed to one voter but actually made by another is still wrong (and worth taking measures to prevent) even if we never know exactly how it occurred. To waive it off as "likely just a clerical error" leaves that fact unchanged. Most shoplifting goes on without any conviction yet it is still a serious issue that warrants taking measures to try prevent (or at least minimize) it.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #693
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    A vote attributed to one voter but actually made by another is still wrong (and worth taking measures to prevent) even if we never know exactly how it occurred. To waive it off as "likely just a clerical error" leaves that fact unchanged. Most shoplifting goes on without any conviction yet it is still a serious issue that warrants taking measures to try prevent (or at least minimize) it.
    And as I explained , my state and community has had such measures in place during my whole voting life which is more than forty years. The only election fraud cases I know about here involved Republican Congressman Thad McCotter who forged petitions three election cycles in a row to get elected to the House wrongly.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #694
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    And if you have data on that breakdown with the system falling apart resulting in voter fraud convictions I would love to see it.
    *sigh* You are asking to provide evidence while arguing that nobody should police it. Don't you understand how self defeating your argument is?

    Also, there is evidence hiding in plain sight..

    Ohio Poll Worker Convicted On Multiple Counts Of Obama-Biased Voter Fraud « CBS Cleveland

    California Sen. Rod Wright convicted of perjury, voter fraud - Los Angeles Times

    Thousands of voter registration forms faked, officials say - CNN.com

    This data isn't hard to find.

    I mean, when the majority of voter fraud is committed by leftists it starts getting pretty obvious why it is always the leftists crying about programs to catch voter fraud.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #695
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    *sigh* You are asking to provide evidence while arguing that nobody should police it. Don't you understand how self defeating your argument is?
    That is not true. It is policed and e have a system in place.

    This data isn't hard to find.
    That is not comprehensive data. The Brennan Center study was comprehensive and authoritative and filled with national, state and local data . Individual anecdotal stories in newspapers or on TV- often involving no voter election fraud at all - are simply a very poor substitute for compressive data that the Brennan Center examined.

    http://www.brennancenter.org/sites/d...er%20Fraud.pdf

    I would urge you to read it and compare it to one news story about a lady from Ohio.

    I mean, when the majority of voter fraud is committed by leftists it starts getting pretty obvious why it is always the leftists crying about programs to catch voter fraud.
    I would be glad to examine your comprehensive data on that claim should you present it. I and over 700,000 others in my district were cheated out of duly elected proper US Representative in Congress when my supposed congressman - Republican Thad McCotter forged three election cycles worth of petitions placing him on the ballot when he really should not have been.

    McCotter was not a leftist.
    Last edited by haymarket; 11-03-14 at 02:06 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #696
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No reply eh....Thought so.
    No this is the best picture I could find that shows that expression I made when you made that comment.

    This was my "What a load of BS" look

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  7. #697
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Republicans are calling on Democratic Senator Mary Landrieu to apologize after she suggested Thursday that President Obama's deep unpopularity in the South is partly tied to race.

    Read more here: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Anyone in the GOP who doesn't recognize the fact that the GOP has close to zero support from Blacks in the USA Is out of touch with reality

    Does anyone have any idea why so few Blacks support the GOP/




    "Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP
    Effective Democrat Party Demagoguing enabled by Carefully and Expensively Purchased Black Spokesmen who create and then exploit a victim complex that simultaneously harms African Americans and keeps them properly loyal?


    However, you are drawing a connection that doesn't exist. Landrieu claimed that her voters were sexist and racist.



    Worth noting, the brown-skinned governor rebuked the female senator on the notion that the voters who had sent both of them to office were troglodytes for doing so.

  8. #698
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I would be glad to examine your comprehensive data on that claim should you present it. I and over 700,000 others in my district were cheated out of duly elected proper US Representative in Congress when my supposed congressman - Republican Thad McCotter forged three election cycles worth of petitions placing him on the ballot when he really should not have been.
    That is an excellent point, Haymarket. I agree. We should put in a changed model to ensure that our system is protected against the kind of voter fraud that was featured in your district, including but not limited to the use of identification for determining public representation.

  9. #699
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That is not true. It is policed and e have a system in place.
    THe system you just stated has absolutely zero monitoring.



    That is not comprehensive data. The Brennan Center study was comprehensive and authoritative and filled with national, state and local data . Individual anecdotal stories in newspapers or on TV- often involving no voter election fraud at all - are simply a very poor substitute for compressive data that the Brennan Center examined.

    http://www.brennancenter.org/sites/d...er%20Fraud.pdf

    I would urge you to read it and compare it to one news story about a lady from Ohio.
    I've read it. The "study" doesn't do any of its own investigation, only collects data on existing fraud investigations which is pointless if the fraud monitoring is lazy and full of holes and relies on "due diligence" of the intake system as the single point of failure.


    I would be glad to examine your comprehensive data on that claim should you present it. I and over 700,000 others in my district were cheated out of duly elected proper US Representative in Congress when my supposed congressman - Republican Thad McCotter forged three election cycles worth of petitions placing him on the ballot when he really should not have been.

    McCotter was not a leftist.

    Yep, the standard response. "Show me the voter fraud! Wait!!! Stop screening for voter fraud!"
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  10. #700
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,601

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Are you referring to the Brennan Center comprehensive study of voter fraud?

    http://www.brennancenter.org/sites/d...er%20Fraud.pdf

    It is the most comprehensive and thorough study done of the subject of voter fraud in the USA in modern times.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Are you referring to the Brennan Center comprehensive study of voter fraud?

    http://www.brennancenter.org/sites/d...er%20Fraud.pdf

    It is the most comprehensive and thorough study done of the subject of voter fraud in the USA in modern times.
    The idea that ID is only useful in preventing person A from voting as person B ignores the distinct possibility of person A registering as person A of Boston, person A of San Antonio and person A of NYC. I seriously doubt that these polling locations crosscheck the roles to see if person A in one district/state matches that of person A in all others - virtually impossible if only the (non-unique) name A can be used.

    The most common example of the harm wrought by imprecise and inflated claims of “voter fraud” is the call for in-person photo identification requirements. Such photo ID laws are effective only in preventing individuals from impersonating other voters at the polls — an occurrence more rare than getting struck by lightning.16
    Once you make such foolish and faulty assumptions (bolded above) then any conclusions that are based on those assumptions are worthless. The presentation of a valid, state issued, photo ID serves to greatly limit the number of name/address combinations available to a given individual over say rent/utility receipts, property tax bills, library cards or many other documents that individuals can (and do) possess from various locations e.g. vacation properties, hunting leases, rental properties and many other reasons for owning/using multiple properties/dwellings. One such group, quite common in Texas, are the "snowbirds" that are part-time (but regular) "residents" of Texas during the election season but that should cast only absentee ballots in their place of primary residence.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •