Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #641
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,093

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's broke and everyone knows it.
    How do you "know it"? Where is your evidence of voter fraud?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #642
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Whatever is the will of the body will ultimately decide

    LandruProjection.jpg

  3. #643
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    How do you "know it"? Where is your evidence of voter fraud?

    Is this just the tip of the iceberg? Or will it be excused away again?


    First case of voter fraud confirmed in Rio Arriba Co. | KOB.com

    First case of voter fraud confirmed in Rio Arriba Co.

    The first case of voter fraud in New Mexico this election has been confirmed by the Rio Arriba County Clerk's Office.

    According to the Rio Arriba County Clerk's office, a voter trying to cast an early ballot in Espanola Saturday was told he had already voted three days prior.

    The man told poll workers he hadn't voted. He was then shown the signature of the voter, but he says it wasn't his signature.

    Officials say they were able to confirm that the signature on the original ballot did not match the legal voter's signature on file.

  4. #644
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    How do you "know it"? Where is your evidence of voter fraud?
    Have you tried googling voter fraud?

  5. #645
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,713

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If it ain't broke don't fix it... especially when we have on record the real reason for the change from Mike Turzai.
    It's not like a car engine, you won't know when it's broken unless you monitor it constantly. Your argument is like arguing against mammograms because most come back negative.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #646
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,713

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by alihajisheik View Post
    whatever is the will of the body will ultimately decide

    LandruProjection.jpg
    landrieu guide us!!
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #647
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Good afternoon rcart,

    The bolded part above, from your comment, is neither what I said nor what I meant. I don't deny racism exists although in my life, here in Canada, I've very rarely seen it in practice - perhaps that's unique to Toronto or unique to my experience - or perhaps if you don't go looking for racism it generally won't find you.

    What I did say, fairly clearly, is that as long as Democrats and the left use racism as a tool in politics and public discourse, racism will always exist. Do you deny that Democrats and the left use racism as a weapon? Do you deny that whenever someone on the right legitimately talks about issues related to black youth and violence they are immediately painted as racists by Democrats and the left?

    I can't nor would I discount your own personal life experiences - that would be wrong. But that doesn't discount the point I was trying to make.
    Good morning CJ

    I understand what you are saying, Democrats do go to the racism toolbox too many times to demonize the right. However, republicans play race card too many time as well in the form of "The big black boogie man".

    For example:

    How many stories did fox have about the "knock out game" ? What do you think was the sole purpose of airing this story? was it to bridge racial division? They made it look like a epidemic even though the average white person in America has not even encounter such of act nor do they know anyone who has.

    What about Rush Limbaugh? He told his listeners that Obama's America is black kids beating white kids.

    How about Glen Beck? He told his listeners that Obama has a deep seeded hatred for white people.

    The list goes on and on.

    Its okay to criticize. But understand what the problem is before addressing it. You can't diagnose the problems about a car withour going under the hood. Most of the black knowledge comes from the media. And I don't care what Fox news say. The media has never been a friend of black people.

    Got a news flash for you. Did you know that majority of blacks don't even like Al Sharpton? But if you look at the news, you would think that we worship him. Don't take my word for it. Ask the average black person what do they think about Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

    We don't need the democrats to tells us who we feel are against us. The right does a great doing that on their own. Screwing around with the way we go out and vote is another good example. Let put politics on the side for a second. We all know the true reason why republicans are so interested in implementing this "voter laws" all of a sudden.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  8. #648
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,093

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Is this just the tip of the iceberg? Or will it be excused away again?


    First case of voter fraud confirmed in Rio Arriba Co. | KOB.com

    First case of voter fraud confirmed in Rio Arriba Co.

    The first case of voter fraud in New Mexico this election has been confirmed by the Rio Arriba County Clerk's Office.

    According to the Rio Arriba County Clerk's office, a voter trying to cast an early ballot in Espanola Saturday was told he had already voted three days prior.

    The man told poll workers he hadn't voted. He was then shown the signature of the voter, but he says it wasn't his signature.

    Officials say they were able to confirm that the signature on the original ballot did not match the legal voter's signature on file.
    Looks like the system worked perfectly and there was no fraud committed....... perhaps attempted ..... but the system protected itself with its normal precautions.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #649
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,093

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    It's not like a car engine, you won't know when it's broken unless you monitor it constantly. Your argument is like arguing against mammograms because most come back negative.
    It is monitored constantly. I am 65 years old and have been voting for over four decades now and every time I vote it is constantly monitored.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #650
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    We all know the true reason why republicans are so interested in implementing this "voter laws" all of a sudden.
    All of the sudden? This argument of voter fraud has been ongoing even since I started voting, even further back than that.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 65 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •