Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #521
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    14th Amendment:



    15th:



    19th:



    23rd:



    24th:



    26th:
    2nd:

    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #522
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,720

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    2nd:

    "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
    What on earth is your point?

    Does every goddamn thread around here have to turn into a ****ing gun wank?

  3. #523
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Nobody is saying "don't regulate it." But the scope of what you're trying to prevent, and the legitimate voters who would be prevented from voting, need to be considered when such regulations are enacted.
    As with any right. Personally I don't feel the scope of what's attempted to be prevented varies much in magnitude than the impact on those impacted by it. Just like with gun control. Most gun control measures are little more than annoyances to legal gun owners, just like voter id laws are to those citizens without id.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  4. #524
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What on earth is your point?

    Does every goddamn thread around here have to turn into a ****ing gun wank?
    Rights are my point. All rights are equal, and no one is more sacred than another. We should be very wary of limiting any right in any way.

    Now, I don't see in any amendment a right for just anyone to vote in our elections...just citizens. True?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  5. #525
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,720

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Rights are my point. All rights are equal, and no one is more sacred than another. We should be very wary of limiting any right in any way.

    Now, I don't see in any amendment a right for just anyone to vote in our elections...just citizens. True?
    Yes, that's correct.

  6. #526
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    14th Amendment:



    15th:



    19th:



    23rd:



    24th:



    26th:
    Still nothing gauranteeing the right to vote. Show us the amendment that gaurantees that voting is a right.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  7. #527
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What on earth is your point?

    Does every goddamn thread around here have to turn into a ****ing gun wank?
    Until the anti-gunners totally abandon gun control...yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  8. #528
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Yes, that's correct.
    If he's correct, then The Constitution doesn't gaurantee the right to vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #529
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,720

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Until the anti-gunners totally abandon gun control...yes.
    The congratulations, you are admitting that you don't care about going completely off-topic.

  10. #530
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,720

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Still nothing gauranteeing the right to vote. Show us the amendment that gaurantees that voting is a right.
    Those amendments establish the criteria by which voting cannot be obstructed. Sure looks like a right to me.

Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •