Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #41
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And do you think the average black voter in those states doesn't do the same? Don't kid yourself.

    Hey I'm not the one denying racism in the south

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  2. #42
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    You do realize that Jindal is not black right?

    She stated "I'll be very, very honest with you. The South has not always been the friendliest place for African-Americans."
    Jindal is considered a man of color. Certainly not white. which makes Ms. Mary's comments about Louisiana absurd. In fact her dang comments reek of ignorance to claim the South has not always been a friendliest place for African-Americans when it was the doings of the Dixiecrats members of her own party that made it so. In fact, the first Black members to ever serve in Congress were from the South! And they were all Republicans!

    http://images.nbra.info/docs/library...epublicans.pdf

  3. #43
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    The truth often hurts. I understand.

    Many blacks don't even think it's possible for blacks to be racist toward white people. There's a HUGE problem in the discussion right there. Racism is only possible in one direction, I've heard it said multiple times.

    And I'll add this. White people are FAR more accepting toward the black community than what Hispanics and Asians are. There is some deeply seeded hatred coming from there. And they don't hide it. But of course, that doesn't fit the liberal narrative.

    Democrats aren't interested in changing this dynamic because without that 95-5, they can't win anything.
    Oh boy where do I begin.

    I grew up in LA, and yes I agree, there is some heat between blacks and hispanics. However, you don't understand the reason. Majority of the heat stems from gang warfare and control of drug distribution. This all started in prison. Right now, its more about being the top minority. Asians are a different story. We have a good relationship with each other due to the economic benefits. In the inner city, Asian businesses strives on the black dollar. And we benefit from their product.


    And let me say this, nobody said all whites are racist. I said that what she said is true in the south. There is still racial tension between blacks and whites. You can't ignore that fact. And its not just blacks who think the south is racist. Many whites on the west and the north regions agrees with that as well.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  4. #44
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Jindal is considered a man of color. Certainly not white. which makes Ms. Mary's comments about Louisiana absurd. In fact her dang comments reek of ignorance to claim the South has not always been a friendliest place for African-Americans when it was the doings of the Dixiecrats members of her own party that made it so. In fact, the first Black members to ever serve in Congress were from the South! And they were all Republicans!

    http://images.nbra.info/docs/library...epublicans.pdf
    Congrats !!!!! You actually made me speechless... I'm just completely stunned right now !!!

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  5. #45
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Congrats !!!!! You actually made me speechless... I'm just completely stunned right now !!!
    WTH? I'm not making any claim that the abuse to blacks did not occur. So why did you only bolden the print in part of sentence? Do you have the same problem not being honest as Ms. Mary? Or did you just now learn that the Dixiecrats were the racists and belonged to the Democrat party that caused the suffering on Blacks and that the first Blacks elected to Congress were from the South and all Republicans. Which is it?

  6. #46
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You do realize for your comments to be 100% factual, that the majority of blacks have to be completely gullible and unintelligent then. Might want to re-think your post there cause you're sounding a bit racist insulting the majority of black people.
    They're brainwashed, not stupid.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Oh boy where do I begin.

    I grew up in LA, and yes I agree, there is some heat between blacks and hispanics. However, you don't understand the reason. Majority of the heat stems from gang warfare and control of drug distribution. This all started in prison. Right now, its more about being the top minority. Asians are a different story. We have a good relationship with each other due to the economic benefits. In the inner city, Asian businesses strives on the black dollar. And we benefit from their product.


    And let me say this, nobody said all whites are racist. I said that what she said is true in the south. There is still racial tension between blacks and whites. You can't ignore that fact. And its not just blacks who think the south is racist. Many whites on the west and the north regions agrees with that as well.
    I've traveled this country for years, and by far the most racial tension I've found is in Boston, Massachusetts.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    They're brainwashed, not stupid.
    Oh so black people are more succeptable to brainwashing according to you, got it. Yea that sounds SOO much better

    You just keep on digging your hole there.

  9. #49
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    You do realize that Jindal is not black right?

    She stated "I'll be very, very honest with you. The South has not always been the friendliest place for African-Americans."
    He's not white. Kathy Blanco isn't an old white guy. Mary Landrieau is a 3 term incumbant and she isn't an old white guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #50
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Some people in the GOP can't deal with the truth. But in the future the truth will deal with the GOP.

    'What goes around, comes around." No one can stop time, and/or change.

    When a Democrat uses race to either promote themselves or explain themselves, it's apparently speaking "truth". When a Republican or anyone else speaks truth about black youth and violence, Democrats claim it's the worst form of racism.

    No need to wonder why race will always be an issue in America - as long as Democrats and the left exist, there will always be racism.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •