Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #431
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Well, you kind of have to sympathize with liberals on this to some degree. Since left wing policies have done virtually nothing to improve the lives of most blacks, they have to dream up ways of getting them excited enough about election day to come to the polls. Saying the other guy will put them back into slavery if they don't vote is one way, but it does show how little respect they have for the intelligence of their base that they think they can be so easily fooled.
    They are learning the hard way that African Americans do not turn out in high numbers if Obama is not on the ballot.

  2. #432
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I knew you couldn't. How does it make you feel to know that black folks are being lied to? How does that help black folks?
    Got it, the suppression of the black vote has been and is still a "lie'.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #433
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Got it, the suppression of the black vote has been and is still a "lie'.
    Still no evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #434
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Got it, Landrieu is "race baiting" because her statement that Blacks have had a hard time in the South is unreasonable.
    No...Landrieu is race baiting because she has come to realize that she cannot win on the issues, therefore she is desperately resorting to race baiting.

  5. #435
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The context being that they suppress Black voting and believe Blacks are inferior.

    I'm giving the reason, you wanted reason...yet you continue to ignore the reasoning.
    Except that the GOP is not suppressing black voting and they do not feel that blacks are inferior. It is the democrats who seem to feel that blacks are inferior. That's why they resort to race baiting. They believe that blacks will fall for it.

  6. #436
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    That's a remarkable leap in logic, especially your claim of "the only thing the Democrats offer is more government assistance."
    Okay...what else are they offering?

  7. #437
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Still no evidence?
    There is more than enough evidence and absolute proof that the suppression of the black vote has happened and is still happening, whether one looks to the past of the poll tax, or to current laws passed in GOP controlled locales where GOP officials openly admit that the laws are designed to suppress minority Dem voting...but here is what I have learned....it is pointless to provide you with any documentation because you do not read it nor do facts have any effect upon your argument...ergo, it is past pointless to provide you anything that might enlighten you. You do not want to accept facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #438
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And you will just keep on avoiding the questions without reason, only answering with ad hominem.

    Pure hypocrisy.
    I am denouncing exactly what the man said. You are defending it. The idea that someone, somewhere thinks blacks are inferior does not justify what he said in the slightest. Again, you are defending the indefensible because you will defend anything any liberal says no matter how stupid it is. Just so you know, that sort of thing doesn't make you look good and destroys your credibility. But what is there really left of that anyhow? So I guess you might as well keep doing it.

  9. #439
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    No...Landrieu is race baiting because she has come to realize that she cannot win on the issues, therefore she is desperately resorting to race baiting.
    So you accept the fact that Blacks have had a hard time recently in the South.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #440
    Sage
    ObamacareFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,013

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Nobody is doing anything for anyone right now. Our current congressional makeup is basically incapable of accomplishing anything.
    That's because your boy...Harry Reid tables any legislation he does not agree with.



    That said, you seem to expect the black community to dump the Democrats for a party that has shown virtually zero affinity for it. The Republicans have done virtually nothing but alienate black voters for 40 years.
    Really? Just what has the republican party done to alienate black voters. Be specific.

Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •