Page 41 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #401
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That exactly what you are infering. You claim that the GOP doesn't offer anything to black folks. The only thing the Democrats offer is more government assistance. Obviously, you believe blacks require that assistance, because they can't make it on their own.
    Wait....the only thing a government representative has to offer...is government (legal rights and protections, financial and job assist, etc..) assistance?

    That is a truism if ever there was.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #402
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,276

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are going in circles and avoiding the thing you demanded...REASON.

    Again, are you going to keep on denying that SOME in the GOP want to suppress Black votes and believe that Blacks are inferior?
    Let me give you a little advice. Its OK to say something to the effect of: You know, what Charlie Rangle said wasn't right. It would be nice, just once, for you to actually not make a mockery of your screen name and actually give us some truth. I am not expecting it of course, and the shock of actually seeing it happen might be too much to handle.

  3. #403
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The unemployment rate among blacks is at 35%. What are the Democrats doing for blacks that is so wonderful?
    Nobody is doing anything for anyone right now. Our current congressional makeup is basically incapable of accomplishing anything.

    That said, you seem to expect the black community to dump the Democrats for a party that has shown virtually zero affinity for it. The Republicans have done virtually nothing but alienate black voters for 40 years.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #404
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The unemployment rate among blacks is at 35%. What are the Democrats doing for blacks that is so wonderful?
    Carefull, according to jmac....it is racist to ask that question.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #405
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,276

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Nobody is doing anything for anyone right now. Our current congressional makeup is basically incapable of accomplishing anything.

    That said, you seem to expect the black community to dump the Democrats for a party that has shown virtually zero affinity for it. The Republicans have done virtually nothing but alienate black voters for 40 years.
    I don't often agree with you Kobie, but every thing you said here is true.

  6. #406
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Let me give you a little advice. Its OK to say something to the effect of: You know, what Charlie Rangle said wasn't right. It would be nice, just once, for you to actually not make a mockery of your screen name and actually give us some truth. I am not expecting it of course, and the shock of actually seeing it happen might be too much to handle.
    Why do you keep on avoiding the question?

    The question is: Are you going to keep denying that some in the GOP want to repress the Black vote and feel that Blacks are inferior?

    You wanted a reason for what Rangel said, but you keep on avoiding reason. Your statements are hypocritical.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #407
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What, exactly, does the GOP do for black folks?
    Tries to slow the ever increasing gov't spending used to treat the symptoms of social, educational and economic failure and tries create an environment more conducive to social, educational and economic success. With all of the talk about the root causes of poverty we seem to do little, if anything, to address them.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  8. #408
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I don't often agree with you Kobie, but every thing you said here is true.
    If you agree that the Republicans have done virtually nothing but alienate black voters for 40 years, how can you reject that some of them have tried to suppress their vote?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #409
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Nobody is doing anything for anyone right now. Our current congressional makeup is basically incapable of accomplishing anything.

    That said, you seem to expect the black community to dump the Democrats for a party that has shown virtually zero affinity for it. The Republicans have done virtually nothing but alienate black voters for 40 years.
    Let's see some examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #410
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Tries to slow the ever increasing gov't spending used to treat the symptoms of social, educational and economic failure and tries create an environment more conducive to social, educational and economic success. With all of the talk about the root causes of poverty we seem to do little, if anything, to address them.
    I have seen very little indication that the GOP attempts to do any of these things.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 41 of 90 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •