Page 40 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #391
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It's only "racist" if you completely change the definition of "racist" to fit your cute little narrative.
    Nope. It's racist
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #392
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    'Some in the GOP believe slavery is not over.' That is what he said. Now, anyone with an ounce of integrity would denounce such a statement, but true to form, here comes you to defend it to the death. Dude, you have zero credibility and this is why.
    The context being that they suppress Black voting and believe Blacks are inferior.

    I'm giving the reason, you wanted reason...yet you continue to ignore the reasoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #393
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nope. It's racist
    Okay.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nope. It's racist
    Explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #395
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,268

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The context being that they suppress Black voting and believe Blacks are inferior.

    I'm giving the reason, you wanted reason...yet you continue to ignore the reasoning.
    Which isn't true either. All you have is BS and partisan hackery. But go on defending the indefensible, you cant do any more damage to your credibility at this point.

  6. #396
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,332

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    I made no such insistence.

    Every voting bloc -- every single one, without exception -- is going to vote for candidates that speak to their issues, that offer something.
    That exactly what you are infering. You claim that the GOP doesn't offer anything to black folks. The only thing the Democrats offer is more government assistance. Obviously, you believe blacks require that assistance, because they can't make it on their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #397
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Which isn't true either. All you have is BS and partisan hackery. But go on defending the indefensible, you cant do any more damage to your credibility at this point.
    You are going in circles and avoiding the thing you demanded...REASON.

    Again, are you going to keep on denying that SOME in the GOP want to suppress Black votes and believe that Blacks are inferior?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #398
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,878

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That exactly what you are infering. You claim that the GOP doesn't offer anything to black folks. The only thing the Democrats offer is more government assistance. Obviously, you believe blacks require that assistance, because they can't make it on their own.
    That's a remarkable leap in logic, especially your claim of "the only thing the Democrats offer is more government assistance."
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #399
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,332

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by DiavoTheMiavo View Post
    In this thread?

    Yeah, I'm sure.

    You are the only one that brought this up. YOU. So . . . I guess I was wrong. Someone is talking about this link in this thread . . . YOU. My goodness . . . I'm not going to suggest you are being obtuse . . . that would be punishable, but boy oh boy you truly have me shaking my head.
    Don't play the, "no one in this thread", game. That's weak. Obviously you have nothing to add to the discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #400
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,332

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    That's a remarkable leap in logic, especially your claim of "the only thing the Democrats offer is more government assistance."
    The unemployment rate among blacks is at 35%. What are the Democrats doing for blacks that is so wonderful?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 40 of 90 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •