Page 32 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #311
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Funny, you won't show any of it though.
    Oh, and here's a real good example of the enlightenment of the Democrats well past the civil war, excerpted from the Democratic Party plank of 1876

    Reform is necessary to correct the omissions of a Republican Congress and the errors of our treaties and our diplomacy, which has stripped our fellow-citizens of foreign birth and kindred race, re-erasing [re-crossing] the Atlantic from the shield of American citizenship, and has exposed our brethren of the Pacific coast to the incursions of a race not sprung from the same great parent stock, and in fact now by law denied citizenship through naturalization as being unaccustomed to the traditions of a progressive civilization, one exercised in liberty under equal laws; and we denounce the policy which thus discards the liberty-loving German and tolerates the revival of the coolie-trade in Mongolian women for immoral purposes, and Mongolian men held to perform servile labor contracts, and demand such modification of the treaty with the Chinese Empire, or such legislation within constitutional limitations, as shall prevent further importation or immigration of the Mongolian race.
    Democratic Party Platforms: Democratic Party Platform of 1876
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #312
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's when America's demise will begin. It'll be a shame. The greatest nation in history flushed down the toilet, just like that.


    The USA will be fine, but in 30 years the GOP will self-destruct.

    No one can stop time and/or change.

  3. #313
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    When it comes to Liberalism, yes. Liberalism is a religion to Leftists.
    I'm a "leftist", "liberalism" is not a religion to me, I have no delusions making me believe that the IDEOLOGY I hold to was created by some supernatural being.

    You are wrong.

    QED
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #314
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    1) that article was before she shot her dumbass mouth off.
    for the hard of reading, the editorial board has not reversed their endorsement.

    2) in effect, they dumped her, when they allowed Varney to write his piece for their loyal readers to think about all weekend.
    Again, for the hard of reading, they also published DeBerry's article in support of the Senator....for readers to think about over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #315
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, Gimmesometruth.

    I thought that my post which said "both parties" would have shown that I believe both are guilty! As far as calling anybody out, I don't do that because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Who am I to judge them right or wrong?
    You judge other RW posters ALL THE TIME with supporting comments, you are not unbiased and are perfectly capable of calling them out, the fact that you do not shows again your bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #316
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Oh, and here's a real good example of the enlightenment of the Democrats well past the civil war, excerpted from the Democratic Party plank of 1876

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #317
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The USA will be fine, but in 30 years the GOP will self-destruct.

    No one can stop time and/or change.
    The Leftists have been predicting the demise of the Gop for a long time and here they are looking at taking Congress back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #318
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I'm a "leftist", "liberalism" is not a religion to me, I have no delusions making me believe that the IDEOLOGY I hold to was created by some supernatural being.

    You are wrong.

    QED
    Of course it's a religion. Obama is your messiah and the government is your church. The GOP is your boogie man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #319
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,934
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Leftists have been predicting the demise of the Gop for a long time and here they are looking at taking Congress back.
    The demise of one party or the other has been gone on all during my lifetime. During FDR everyone thought the Republicans were on the brink of extinction, the Eisenhower came along and viola, a vibrant Republican Party. After Goldwater's debacle, the GOP was doomed as it was again right after Watergate, but Reagan revived it a plenty. During Reagan many political books were wrote on the Republican lock on the presidency, it was thought no Democrat would ever win it again. Then came Clinton.

    Political parties have the ability to adjust, also when one party overplays its hand which is inevitable, it revives the other party.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #320
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Leftists have been predicting the demise of the Gop for a long time and here they are looking at taking Congress back.


    Tell me all about it 30 years from now.There won't be enough old white men to keep the GOP going when massive demographic change hits full force like a tidal wave.

Page 32 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •