Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #241
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,044

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    No, I'm arguing because your assertion is rediculous.
    And you've yet to disprove it. I wonder how long we'll go before you realize you haven't posted anything other than "I don't like it!" and "It's not fair! You've got facts!"

    Well, you're not trying at all. You're just sticking your fingers in your ears.

    Which is a snapshot of history, not indicative of the trend. Again, while both parties supported the final 1964 civil rights act, Democrats did not historically support civil rights acts. Fact. Therefore, the driving force behind the progression towards accepting civil rights for all was not driven by Democrats. Fact.
    Good grief, it's like you're not sure what to make up anymore. There were only 6 CRAs, 3 of them - we know for a fact Democrats stood in favor of in the majority where there exists a detailed voting record. What about the other 3? Please show us the voting records?

    But Republicans are? There is very nearly as much racist history in the Northern Democrats history as the southern.

    How did Democrats vote in every civil rights act leading up to that point?
    This was already posted in the thread. Asking for it again is just proof that you really haven't been keeping up. There are only 6 CRAs. The ones from the 1900s don't have detailed records. What we know for certain is that Democrats were once again in the majority (which implies that they were needed for the CRAs to pass). You continue to ignore questions that don't fit your narrative. It's fun, but you really need to start answering. Now: How did Southern states vote in the CRAs? How did Northern States vote?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #242
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,044

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Don't ever change the words within my quote again. I believe there are rules against such things. I am talking about the Civil Rights Act under Ike not the civil rights bill of 64. Your little trick shows desperation in justifying your point of view and doesn't address the truth behind what Democrats in the Senate did to the first decent piece of civil rights legislation since Reconstruction.
    I edited your post and showed where the edit was. I corrected what it said and made more specific. My little trick show? All of the Republicans in the South voted against the CRA of '64. That's a fact.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #243
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,278

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    My thoughts exactly. She should have dressed in similar attire when making her remarks.

    Attachment 67175285

    Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

    A desperate Mary Landrieu smears the state she represents: James Varney | NOLA.com
    Mary had the vapors.

  4. #244
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,866

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I edited your post and showed where the edit was. I corrected what it said and made more specific. My little trick show? All of the Republicans in the South voted against the CRA of '64. That's a fact.
    And how many Southern Republicans were there in the Senate where the bill was hardest fought by Southern Democrats? Let me help you with that one. There was ONE senator.
    ##Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5–95%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
    ##Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0–100%) (John Tower of Texas)
    And you are going to base your entire argument on ONE Southern Republican senator? Got it!

  5. #245
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    And you've yet to disprove it. I wonder how long we'll go before you realize you haven't posted anything other than "I don't like it!" and "It's not fair! You've got facts!"
    The history of the Democratic party disproves your assertion. I don't have to.

    Good grief, it's like you're not sure what to make up anymore. There were only 6 CRAs, 3 of them - we know for a fact Democrats stood in favor of in the majority where there exists a detailed voting record. What about the other 3? Please show us the voting records?
    Well, in 1866 (the first civil rights act) The Republicans had 75% of the Senate and 69% of the house and they enacted it over a Democratic presidents Veto.
    The 1870 enforcement act was due to a 83% Republican Senate and 70% Republican house. Signed into law by Grant (R) no veto.
    The 1871 KKK act, same number, signed into law by a Republican.
    The 1875 Civil rights act, again Republican majorities...signed into law by a republican.

    All of these introduced and sponsored by republicans. Want me to go on with the rest of them?

    This was already posted in the thread. Asking for it again is just proof that you really haven't been keeping up. There are only 6 CRAs. The ones from the 1900s don't have detailed records. What we know for certain is that Democrats were once again in the majority (which implies that they were needed for the CRAs to pass). You continue to ignore questions that don't fit your narrative. It's fun, but you really need to start answering. Now: How did Southern states vote in the CRAs? How did Northern States vote?
    There are more than 6 civil rights related acts they aren't all labeled "Civil Rights Act".
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #246
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 12:59 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,189

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Liberals are bigots. They hate Southerners. They have to have a, "boogie man". Hitler had to have a boogie man, too.
    I mainly hate bigots from Bagdad, LA., but there is so many to choose from...

  7. #247
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,348

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Mary had the vapors.
    Greetings, bubba.

    The best way to win votes is to insult the voters? Interesting concept - we'll certainly be watching to see how well that works!

  8. #248
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Texmex View Post
    I mainly hate bigots from Bagdad, LA., but there is so many to choose from...
    Anyone who disagrees with y'all is automatically labeled a bigot/racist. It all the Libbos have. I feel sorry for y'all sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #249
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,278

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, bubba.

    The best way to win votes is to insult the voters? Interesting concept - we'll certainly be watching to see how well that works!
    Geezuz. She keeps talking like that she may obviate the need for a runoff with Cassidy.

  10. #250
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,677

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Lets see...

    Women dont get respect in the south...said woman that has been elected several times by state constituents who worked with numerous other elected women from the south including their woman governor.

    Southerners...well...they dont like black people and thats why Obama has had a hard time with them, says the woman who is on record as trying to distance herself from the many Obama policies she has stated she disagrees with.

    Why is anyone even seriously considering her words as credible?

Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •