Page 21 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #201
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Took this long? You get personally attacked nearly every day. Ever wonder why?
    Because Liberals can't support their own arguments. That's why. It's the Liberal way of doing things. It's nit restricted to me, they treat everyone that way. They can't help themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #202
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    OMG...did you just come back with a hypocritical comment about playing race cards?
    Hypocritical?

    The Negro in Illinois: The WPA Papers - Google Books
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #203
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,566

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What, exactly, does the GOP do for black folks?
    I don't think there is any race specific program

    nor there should be

    law and order is more a GOP agenda item than the Dems-blacks are the biggest victims of crime and murder though



  4. #204
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Yes they do. Nevermind inaccuracy.
    There is none:

    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182

    Or, you can go ahead and find it.

    ...many states included in the vote for the 1964 civil rights act were not even states during the civil war era.
    This is why it is important for you to read links before you go and call them "inaccurate":

    Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten | Comment is free | The Guardian

    In fact, 90% of members of Congress from states (or territories) that were part of the Union voted in favor of the act, while less than 10% of members of Congress from the old Confederate states voted for it.
    Hey! I went and actually looked at the source:

    South Carolina: 5 votes. 5 Nays. All 5 Democrats.
    Mississippi: 5 votes. 5 Nays. All 5 Democrats
    Alabama: 8 votes. 8 nays. All 8 Democrats.
    Florida: 12 votes. 1 yea,[ Democrat. 11 nays, 2 Republican, 9 Democrats.
    Georgia: 10 votes. 1 yea, Democrat. 9 nays, Democrats.
    Louisiana: 8 votes. 8 nays. All 8 Democrat.
    Texas: 22 votes. 4 yea, all Democrat[/B]. 17 nays, 17 Democrats, 1 Republican.
    Virginia: 10 votes. All nays, 2 Republicans 8 Democrats.
    Arkansas: 4 votes. All nays. All Democrat.
    North Carolina: 7 votes. All nays. All Democrat.
    Tennessee: 10 votes. 2 yea, Democrats. 8 nay, 3 Republican, 5 Democrat.
    Missouri: 10 votes. 6 yea, 5 democrats, 1 Republican. 4 nay, 1 Republican, 3 Democrats.
    Kentucky: 5 votes. 5 nays, 3 Democrats, 2 Republicans.
    What do you know? 13 Confederate states. 116 votes out of those votes, 14 were in favor of the CRA'64. That's ~12% of the total Southern congressional voting power voting in favor of the CRA'64. Again, how are the numbers wrong? A ~2% different? Lol. Semantics.

    Further, There were very few southern Republicans in either house, both of which were controlled by Democrats.
    This has already been acknowledged. Try and keep up. What has been pointed out is that Republicans, even as a minority in the South, voted AGAINST the CRA'64. That is a fact.

    And there were less southern Republicans that voted against it than there were northern Democrats that voted against it.
    Brilliant stroke of thought there! Hey! I got one! If what you're saying is true, then is it not a fact that more Democrats voted in favor of the CRA'64?

    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182

    Wait... we can't have that though! Shhhhh.

    Even further, the Republican party was the main driver behind every civil rights related legislation up to that date.
    None of them would have gotten passed without Democrats. Again, do you find this to be a false statement? If so, how?

    The last point is...there was a Full Democrat super majority in govt at the time, House, Senate, Presidency....you cannot relegate all Republican opposition to any Democrat measure to simple racism while ignoring simple political opposition for political purposes.
    Lmao, yeah, try and come up with something coherent next time.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  5. #205
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What, exactly, does the GOP do for black folks?
    Why do you insist that the government needs to do so much for black folks? Is it because you believe black folks are too stupid to take care of themselves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #206
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What, exactly, does the GOP do for black folks?
    That's a racist question right there and you don't even know it. Sad.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #207
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Now the insults start. The evolution of the Liberal argument...lol!
    You've been unable to keep up with a simple conversation. Sorry if I struck a nerve.

  8. #208
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    There is none:

    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182

    Or, you can go ahead and find it.



    This is why it is important for you to read links before you go and call them "inaccurate":

    Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten | Comment is free | The Guardian



    Hey! I went and actually looked at the source:



    What do you know? 13 Confederate states. 116 votes out of those votes, 14 were in favor of the CRA'64. That's ~12% of the total Southern congressional voting power voting in favor of the CRA'64. Again, how are the numbers wrong? A ~2% different? Lol. Semantics.



    This has already been acknowledged. Try and keep up. What has been pointed out is that Republicans, even as a minority in the South, voted AGAINST the CRA'64. That is a fact.



    Brilliant stroke of thought there! Hey! I got one! If what you're saying is true, then is it not a fact that more Democrats voted in favor of the CRA'64?

    https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/88-1964/h182

    Wait... we can't have that though! Shhhhh.



    None of them would have gotten passed without Democrats. Again, do you find this to be a false statement? If so, how?



    Lmao, yeah, try and come up with something coherent next time.
    More Democrats voted in favor (overall) because there were more overall...but that's not your argument. Simply put, more northern Democrats voted against it than southern Republicans did. Simple.

    It's quite clear that racism was MORE entrenched in the south than anywhere else, but it's a fallacy to use that as a defense of the Democratic Party. Racism (and racist Democrats) did exist elsewhere throughout the country, and while overall...both Parties supported the civil rights act of 1964, that can't be said of any of the previous attempts at civil rights legislation. The Republicans are clearly the majority factor in every attempt at achieving civil rights legislation from it's very beginning right up to 1964. So, it's a fallacy to claim the party that had historically opposed (including the President) civil rights up to that one vote was the driving factor, or more a factor in support of civil rights is revisionist nonsense.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #209
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,226

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    You've been unable to keep up with a simple conversation. Sorry if I struck a nerve.
    You made a dubious factual statement. I've posted numerous links that prove your statement is dubious.

    The Negro in Illinois: The WPA Papers - Google Books
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #210
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That's a racist question right there and you don't even know it. Sad.
    How is the question racist? Is asking what the DNC has done to improve the lackluster healthcare afforded to veterans disparaging to veterans? Or is it simply recognizing the fact that certain demographics have differing priorities when voting?

Page 21 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •