Page 17 of 90 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #161
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,883

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What part of not being able to understand that your whitewashed version of history is not the complete truth and that the closer truth is that members of the GOP were more opposed to the 1964 CRA than were Dems? Is your viewpoint so entrenched that it becomes a B&W issue were Dems are bad and GOP are good and that no allowance is made to understand that within the GOP there were racists....and that NOW, the PRESENT, the Southern GOP ideology is nothing more than a sanitized version of Jim Crow Southerners?

    Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger." By 1968 you can't say "nigger" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger."[41]

    Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    You are going to believe what you want. I'm sure there are still some adults if you look hard enough still believe in the tooth fairy too. I know what happened and I am damn tired of people like you painting Republicans as racists when the racism that was harming blacks in the South in the 50's /60's was due to Democrats in power. And just like Johnson predicted, after the civil rights bill was passed, he predicted the South would become Republican for many years. And it did. Because many of those who hindered the passing of the Civil Rights Bill were later voted out of office. And fifty years later it is still a sea of red when it comes to government officials. There is a reason why Martin Luther King was a life long Republican.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I am damn tired of people like you painting Republicans as racists
    The point was, they did have racists among them in the 1960's, and as the southern strategy continued on, the GOP went whole hog to capture the Southern White conservative vote....and they have.

    There is a reason why Martin Luther King was a life long Republican.
    http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/...er-king-jr-wa/
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #163
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    No, you've proven that racism also existed in the North, a fact that no one disputed.



    They aren't, and that statement was in response another poster dredging up the "party of the klan" narrative. Reading. It's fundermental.
    I never said anything the Democrats being the party of the klan. Why would you address that toward me? Because I'm wearing your ass out and you need a break?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #164
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,488

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Let wiki know, go ahead, or report me.
    It's time for you and and your compatriots to admit defeat. Your homegirl played the race card and now you people had to fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #165
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    There is a reason why Martin Luther King was a life long Republican.
    MLK was NOT a "lifelong Republican." It simply is not true.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #166
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,883

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    The point was, they did have racists among them in the 1960's, and as the southern strategy continued on, the GOP went whole hog to capture the Southern White conservative vote....and they have.


    Another Republican claims that Martin Luther King Jr. was part of the GOP | PolitiFact Tennessee
    The point is the SOUTHERN STRATEGY HAS BEEN DEBUNKED. Yes their were racists. And the majority of them in positions of power were Democrats in the South. There has been much discussions whether MLK was a Republican or Democrat. Or maybe a Republican that sometimes voted Democrat. He found fault with both parties as he based his thinking on a minister's perspective. Depending on who you read, you can walk away thinking he had Socialist leanings or he better aligned himself with faith, fairness, family, and freedom which tend to be Social Conservatives that make up a part of the Republican party. There have been accounts of his blood relation claiming he and his father were Republicans. Growing up in the South at that time makes sense that he would be being born and raised in Atlanta Georgia and at the age of 25 graduated seminary school and became a pastor in Montgomery Alabama during some pretty horrendous times for a black man in the South under Democratic rule. Alabama was very Democratic during the civil war. It had only two Republican governors following Reconstruction, but after the Democratic Party re-established control, 112 years passed before voters chose another Republican.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's time for you and and your compatriots to admit defeat. Your homegirl played the race card and now you people had to fold.
    OMG...did you just come back with a hypocritical comment about playing race cards?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    The point is the SOUTHERN STRATEGY HAS BEEN DEBUNKED.
    WHERE?


    Yes their were racists. And the majority of them in positions of power were Democrats in the South.
    The operative word being "were"...but NOW are GOP...ergo, THE SOUTHERN STRATEGY WAS REAL AND WORKED.
    There has been much discussion whether MLK was a Republican or Democrat.
    Read and learn:

    Another Republican claims that Martin Luther King Jr. was part of the GOP | PolitiFact Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #169
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,883

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    WHERE?


    The operative word being "were"...but NOW are GOP...ergo, THE SOUTHERN STRATEGY WAS REAL AND WORKED.Read and learn:

    Another Republican claims that Martin Luther King Jr. was part of the GOP | PolitiFact Tennessee
    Wow highlighted my grammar error, what a sweetheart! Here let me give you the link to the National Black Republicans Association, they claim the Southern Strategy has been debunked. And they claim MLK was a Republican too. Take it up with them.

    National Black Republican Association | National Black Republican Association

    And if the operative is "were", then why in the Hell is Mary Landrieu claiming we are still living in the 60's? Thanks for showing what a bunch of crap her comments were and how there are those using the Black vote like pawns to re-elect them. Their communities all across this land reek of poverty and high unemployment rates, and many end up in prison because of it and their Democrat representation let's them continue to live that way, not providing job opportunities to pull themselves out of the gutter, but instead show up during an election promising them a bunch of crap and never deliver. They hand out some little token and think they should repay them with their vote. Then turn around and have the audacity to claim it is their very constituients who are to blame by calling them racist and sexist. It doesn't get any lower than that.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Wow highlighted my grammar error, what a sweetheart! Here let me give you the link to the National Black Republicans Association, they claim the Southern Strategy has been debunked. And they claim MLK was a Republican too. Take it up with them.

    National Black Republican Association | National Black Republican Association
    LOL, the NBRA !?!? Good grief....and you could not even directly link to any rebuttal they supposedly made....because they didn't...they linked to a Pat Buchanan article that even little old me was able to take down.

    What a fail.

    And if the operative is "were", then why in the Hell is Mary Landrieu claiming we are still living in the 60's?
    FFS....when I said the Southern Dems WERE (by and large) racists in the 60's BUT that NOW it is the GOP that has captured the (racist) Southern White vote, Landrieu is simply confirming that OBVIOUS point when she commented on the lack of support for the President. It is so weird how the GOP is aghast when the obvious is stated.



    Thanks for showing what a bunch of crap her comments were and how there are those using the Black vote like pawns to re-elect them. Their communities all across this land reek of poverty and high unemployment rates, and many end up in prison because of it and their Democrat representation let's them continue to live that way, not providing job opportunities to pull themselves out of the gutter, but instead show up during an election promising them a bunch of crap and never deliver. They hand out some little token and think they should repay them with their vote. Then turn around and have the audacity to claim it is their very constituients who are to blame by calling them racist and sexist. It doesn't get any lower than that.
    Um, if you are talking about the GOP dominated South, and the poverty contained within, I'm afraid that blaming the Dems is really off the...map.

    PS...as I said to the Fenton..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Yeah, ya know...they have all been brainwashed I tells yah.....thats why they vote for Dems 90% or better since the 60's!

    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 17 of 90 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •