Page 15 of 90 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 893

Thread: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans[W:466]

  1. #141
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,352

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Well, yeah. I made a mistake.
    Which was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #142
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It has everything to do with it
    Nope! Not even a nibble, sorry.

    since you're trying sell yourself as an authority on Southern culture.
    One doesn't have to be an authority on southern culture to tell you, without hesitation or doubt, that the Democrat party of today is wholly different than the Democrat parties of the mid 20th century, just as Republicans are worlds removed from the party of Roosevelt.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Jindal is considered a man of color. Certainly not white. which makes Ms. Mary's comments about Louisiana absurd. In fact her dang comments reek of ignorance to claim the South has not always been a friendliest place for African-Americans when it was the doings of the Dixiecrats members of her own party that made it so. In fact, the first Black members to ever serve in Congress were from the South! And they were all Republicans!

    http://images.nbra.info/docs/library...epublicans.pdf
    I'm pretty sure racism was a thing in the South before 1948.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixiecrat

    The States' Rights Democratic Party (usually called the Dixiecrats) was a short-lived segregationist political party in the United States in 1948. It originated as a breakaway faction of the Democratic Party in 1948, determined to protect what they portrayed as the southern way of life beset by an oppressive federal government,[1] and supporters assumed control of the state Democratic parties in part or in full in several Southern states. The States' Rights Democratic Party opposed racial integration and wanted to retain Jim Crow laws and white supremacy in the face of possible federal intervention. Members were called Dixiecrats. (The term Dixiecrat is a portmanteau of Dixie, referring to the Southern United States, and Democrat.)
    OR are you stating that Democrats made the South racist? Either statement is full o' laughably ridiculous. Funny enough, segregation is a states right.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #144
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,448
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Liberals should be embarressed as hell that the race card is all their party has. "It's because Obama is black", is probably the most idiotic statement in human history.
    No. I've read more idiotic statements right here, on a weekly basis. And I'd be embarrassed to post to a text-based medium if I couldn't spell simple words.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  5. #145
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,352

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    Nope! Not even a nibble, sorry.

    One doesn't have to be an authority on southern culture to tell you, without hesitation or doubt, that the Democrat party of today is wholly different than the Democrat parties of the mid 20th century, just as Republicans are worlds removed from the party of Roosevelt.
    Y'all change the argument like I change drawers.

    New York City draft riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #146
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,352

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    No. I've read more idiotic statements right here, on a weekly basis. And I'd be embarrassed to post to a text-based medium if I couldn't spell simple words.
    Ah! A personal attack. I'm impressed that it took this long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #147
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Y'all change the argument like I change drawers.

    New York City draft riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I've never changed my argument. Not once You keep pointing to instances of racism in the North as if they support your argument. They don't. Keep ****ing that chicken.

  8. #148
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,856

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'm pretty sure racism was a thing in the South before 1948.

    Dixiecrat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia



    OR are you stating that Democrats made the South racist? Either statement is full o' laughably ridiculous. Funny enough, segregation is a states right.
    Well then laugh yourself silly. But it doesn't explain away the facts that the first Black members to Congress were from the South and were all Republicans during and after the Reformation up to around 1918. You can laugh yourself silly but it doesn't change the fact that getting the civil rights bill passed would not have been possible if it were not for Republicans in the minority party because the Southern Democrats opposed the legislation, filibustered it. Have a nice day.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    You can laugh yourself silly but it doesn't change the fact that getting the civil rights bill passed would not have been possible if it were not for Republicans in the minority party because the Southern Democrats opposed the legislation, filibustered it. Have a nice day.
    Actually, Northern GOP support was weaker than the Northern Dems, Southern GOP opposition was greater than Southern Dem opposition.


    Southern Democrats: 787 (793%)
    Southern Republicans: 010 (0100%)
    Northern Democrats: 1459 (946%)
    Northern Republicans: 13824 (8515%)
    The Senate version:
    Southern Democrats: 120 (595%) (only Ralph Yarborough of Texas voted in favor)
    Southern Republicans: 01 (0100%) (John Tower of Texas)
    Northern Democrats: 451 (982%) (only Robert Byrd of West Virginia voted against)
    Northern Republicans: 275 (8416%)

    Jus' say'in.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #150
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,352

    Re: Sen. Landrieu's remarks on race anger Republicans

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    I've never changed my argument. Not once You keep pointing to instances of racism in the North as if they support your argument. They don't. Keep ****ing that chicken.
    You said the South was/is struggling with racism to a greater extent than the North. I proved that that isn't necessarily true. You? You've shifted over to, "um...um...um...Democrats then aren't the same as Democrats now!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 15 of 90 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •