Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81

Thread: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

  1. #51
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    43,652

    Re: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    I don't think that "double jeopardy" means what you think it means.
    I think it means that Zimmerman can't be tried for murder in the same case once again. What did you think it means?
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge" Stephen Hawking

  2. #52
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,035
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    I think it means that Zimmerman can't be tried for murder in the same case once again. What did you think it means?
    Facing a civil suit is not being tried for murder.
    I may be wrong.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    43,652

    Re: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Facing a civil suit is not being tried for murder.
    Civil rights is not civil suit.

    Two different things altogether.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge" Stephen Hawking

  4. #54
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,035
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Civil rights is not civil suit.
    Two different things altogether.
    Violating civil rights is not murder.
    Two different things altogether.
    I may be wrong.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    43,652

    Re: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Violating civil rights is not murder.
    Two different things altogether.
    My point:
    They tried to convict him of murder, and failed.
    So, since they couldn't try him for murder again, they came up with a new trumped up charge.

    It's time to let the poor guy go.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge" Stephen Hawking

  6. #56
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,911

    Re: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    My point:
    They tried to convict him of murder, and failed.
    So, since they couldn't try him for murder again, they came up with a new trumped up charge.
    I agree:

    Unless there is evidence that Zimmerman is a dogmatic rascist, and there is none, making a case that hesought to violate Martin's civil rights on account of his race is nearly impossible. The charges should never have been placed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It's time to let the poor guy go.
    I disagree:

    Zimmerman is a willfull idiot who was going to do something stupid with a weapon sooner than later. Being a willfull idiot does not make Zimmerman a rascist and does not make him guilty of murder. It does, however, reduce my sympathy for him.

  7. #57
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,584
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

    Did those people even watch the trial?

    They had absolutely nothing to convict him of murder, yet they are going to try and say he violated Martin's civil rights when he defended himself from Martin's attack?

    Let the proceedings at the 3rd world kangaroo court begin.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-22-18 @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,679

    Re: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Zimmerman is a willfull idiot who was going to do something stupid with a weapon sooner than later. Being a willfull idiot does not make Zimmerman a rascist and does not make him guilty of murder. It does, however, reduce my sympathy for him.

    There is no evidence that he is a willful idiot.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #59
    Guru

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,911

    Re: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    There is no evidence that he is a willful idiot.
    Zimmerman's life story, both before and after the shooting clearly demonstrate that he is a willfull idiot:

    Failing out of "State U", two arrests, and a pattern of "misunderstandings" with employers, girl friends, and the police. Not surprisingly, he then does something dumb while carrying a weapon.

    Zimmerman is innocent of murder and the federal charges, but clearly guilty of willful idiocy.

  10. #60
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    46,674

    Re: Grand jury assembling in civil-rights case involving George Zimmerman

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
    Zimmerman's life story, both before and after the shooting clearly demonstrate that he is a willfull idiot:

    Failing out of "State U", two arrests, and a pattern of "misunderstandings" with employers, girl friends, and the police. Not surprisingly, he then does something dumb while carrying a weapon.

    Zimmerman is innocent of murder and the federal charges, but clearly guilty of willful idiocy.
    is that a punishable offense?

    He isn't the brightest bulb in the box, but then again neither are millions of other Americans. Ditto's right. It's time to let him go.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •