Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 166

Thread: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

  1. #121
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I have always been part of a minority and always been "different". But i have never, that is true, been rudely loud and gory colorful about it.
    Seems to me you never felt like a second class citizen.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  2. #122
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Seems to me you never felt like a second class citizen.
    Nope. Not really.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

    Whenever I see someone being proud of being gay I always remember Norm McDonald's take on it.

    Enjoy!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FHJHjFWu94


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  4. #124
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Nope. Not really.
    So you cannot relate. Exactly what I thought.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  5. #125
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay' - Oct. 30, 2014

    I have to admit I laughed a little bit. Thinking of some folks here. Have to wonder if some will be trading in their Iphones? (They suck anyway)
    How many people have to come out before people coming out is no longer news?
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  6. #126
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    How many people have to come out before people coming out is no longer news?
    They have an agenda, so they'll keep coming out and making news.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #127
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    So you cannot relate. Exactly what I thought.
    Not really. I have watched it and read the research, know the numbers. But I never had a problem with being a member of a minority.; at least never more than a stranger in a strange land.

    Most of the persons i have known well, that belonged to most minorities didn't have many
    problems either. Of course, that is certainly different, if you are an illegal immigrant or poor, illiterate or some such. But the gays or blacks I've known didn't run around with chips on their shoulders and felt fine. Sorry to hear you have a problem.
    Last edited by joG; 11-04-14 at 06:14 PM.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,849

    Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

    Seems so odd....to be proud of that.

    It never occurred to me to be proud that I'm straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #129
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,023

    Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay' - Oct. 30, 2014

    I have to admit I laughed a little bit. Thinking of some folks here. Have to wonder if some will be trading in their Iphones? (They suck anyway)
    And the Russians retaliate...

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #130
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,455
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Apple CEO Tim Cook comes out: 'I'm proud to be gay'

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    Not really. I have watched it and read the research, know the numbers. But I never had a problem with being a member of a minority.; at least never more than a stranger in a strange land.

    Most of the persons i have known well, that belonged to most minorities didn't have many
    problems either. Of course, that is certainly different, if you are an illegal immigrant or poor, illiterate or some such. But the gays or blacks I've known didn't run around with chips on their shoulders and felt fine. Sorry to hear you have a problem.
    +

    So just because the gays and blacks that you know have never felt like they didn't belong or never felt slighted (at least not that you know) so that means that discrimination doesn't happen. That is a pretty closed-minded take.

    And no, I don't have a problem, thanks. But I have this ability to not judge and make an effort to try and understand where people are coming from.
    Last edited by Middleground; 11-04-14 at 08:12 PM.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •