Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 95

Thread: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

  1. #71
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Dude. If I was attempting to explain how things happened, that would be an ideological argument. Here I am pointing out that things happened. That is a historical argument.
    That is assuming that you have either a clear, partisan free non ideological driven historical analysis.....and when you admit that your argument has the Dick as guiding base....well frankly duder...it is not.

    You seem to have confused "ideology" with "partisanship".
    Partisanship is about loyalty to a group. Ideology is a set of beliefs.
    Um, you are leaving out the fact that the partisan "group" is united ....wait for it.....under an ideology.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #72
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    re: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    That is assuming that you have either a clear, partisan free non ideological driven historical analysis.....and when you admit that your argument has the Dick as guiding base....well frankly duder...it is not.
    whatever. Enjoy your troll.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    re: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    whatever. Enjoy your troll.
    Wow, as if your posts are not designed to express your ideological views and to attempt to skewer the opposition.

    FFS, if you think I'm just trolling, report me....otherwise, it is just the last refuge of a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #74
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    re: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Wow, as if your posts are not designed to express your ideological views and to attempt to skewer the opposition.

    FFS, if you think I'm just trolling, report me....otherwise, it is just the last refuge of a coward.
    Dude you are deliberately misquoting me and refusing to answer whether or not you think it is an ideological position that the Obama administration has been doing what Obama has said it would be doing. Report you? nah - the credibility you are hurting is your own.

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,136

    re: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

    Moderator's Warning:
    U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]Cut out the personal stuff and stick to the topic.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Dude you are deliberately misquoting me and refusing to answer whether or not you think it is an ideological position that the Obama administration has been doing what Obama has said it would be doing. Report you? nah - the credibility you are hurting is your own.
    Arguing that "things happened" is not establishing fact, I'm sure you can find some out of context absolutist "statement" to "justify" your ideologically driven argument....of this I have no doubt...and again, it will be biased...as it already has been.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    His point was that we were in a more technologically advanced and globalized era than previous post-war depressions, and implicitly that that was the cause of our exceedingly slow, low-growth recovery.
    No, it wasn't. Why would you lie when I've explained TWICE what my point was?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Is that what I said?

    No, it isn't. I said trying to compare completely different situations with one another really isn't much more than a waste of time. Just accept the good news for what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    What are you talking about? Why do you insist on deliberately misrepresenting about what I said?

    I told you exactly what I said (that different situations are different). Take your nonsense someplace else.

    What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

    We're talking about a situation where the building already burned down and we're in the process of rebuilding it. Asking how quickly a shed was rebuilt when we're busy building a mansion is pointless.

    And no, I have absolutely zero confidence in your ability to understand what I just said. People like you generally don't.
    I guess when you have no leg to stand on, simply lie about what the other person has said.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Dude you are deliberately misquoting me
    I cannot begin to tell you how hard I laughed when you said this. For you to complain someone else is misquoting you, when you DELIBERATELY have misquoted me multiple times, despite me specifying for you multiples times what I said, is hilarious.
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 10-30-14 at 04:37 PM.

  8. #78
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Because domestic oil production falls under GDP. That isn't relevant to what I said so I don't really get your point.
    If we became energy independent, not only would that improve our economy due to decreased costs for consumers and producers, it would lower energy costs worldwide since we are a major consumer of oil. If we're not buying oil, then the price drops worldwide. Not only would energy independence be a huge domestic security boon, but a hugely significant economic boon.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #79
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:56 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,415

    Re: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    No question. When you are climbing out of a hole just before election time, you give it the old college try.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the high desert
    Last Seen
    01-10-15 @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,337

    Re: U.S. Economy Up 3.5% in 3rd Quarter, Capping Best 6 Months in Over a Decade[W:75]

    Seems like just the other day when Bush was pres and dems were calling 3.4% growth anemic. How times change.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •