Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 161

Thread: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID[W:53]

  1. #111
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No it doesn't. It's a deception to convinced liked minded people that it does. But no where has any information or evidence of fraud been shown of any significance.
    Clearly you are ignoring what was recently uncovered in Maryland.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #112
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You might have a point if that's what the list did. Unfortunately for your straw man, the graphic was a summary "informing legal citizens of the requirements in their states." It listed all 50 states and the general ID requirements of all 50 of them.
    But, But, but . . . .

    Thanks for pointing that out.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #113
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Clearly you are ignoring what was recently uncovered in Maryland.

    No, I just can't find a credible source verifying the claim made by less credible sources. You're welcome to provide something.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,764

    Re: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    None of that automatically anything works.
    I suggest you read about how the Canadian system works. Here's a primer: FairVote.org | Universal Voter Registration: The Canadian Model

    People have to make the effort to go down to the office and show their documents to have their picture taken, plus their fingerprints taken as well.

    The point of it being national, is that the states would have nothing to do with it, it would be federal. The card from all 50 states plus D.C. would be the same and highly recognizable.
    OK, you do that once per decade or so like with DL, and then your registration is updated automatically. I'm fine with that. Not sure why fingerprints are necessary, unless we're going to verify them at the polling place, which seems like overkill.

    My point was that every member of La Raza that is from Mexico has an IFE Card in their pocket, which is our federal voting card, and nobody votes without it being not only in their possession, but valid as well. If you let your IFE card expire, you cannot do anything like cash a check or do any bank transactions.
    It's an argument for a national ID that I've never seen anyone push for in the U.S. Certainly conservatives don't support that - or I've never seen it. And in 2014 at best it's an idea, and we have to base policy on what IS not what might be in a decade, and we do not have national ID.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Clearly you are ignoring what was recently uncovered in Maryland.
    No, there is a law suit, but not a proven discovery. Just a group that claims they have. Conservative groups picked up on this and leaped all the way to proven. That's different than the reality. When you're too willing to believe something you're easily fooled.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #116
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    Re: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I suggest you read about how the Canadian system works. Here's a primer: FairVote.org | Universal Voter Registration: The Canadian Model



    OK, you do that once per decade or so like with DL, and then your registration is updated automatically. I'm fine with that. Not sure why fingerprints are necessary, unless we're going to verify them at the polling place, which seems like overkill.



    It's an argument for a national ID that I've never seen anyone push for in the U.S. Certainly conservatives don't support that - or I've never seen it. And in 2014 at best it's an idea, and we have to base policy on what IS not what might be in a decade, and we do not have national ID.
    You don't see why fingerprints are necessary?

    What do you think happen if somebody wants to get a card in more than one name?

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,764

    Re: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, there is a law suit, but not a proven discovery. Just a group that claims they have. Conservative groups picked up on this and leaped all the way to proven. That's different than the reality. When you're too willing to believe something you're easily fooled.
    I'm always open to new evidence, and maybe there's a problem in Maryland. But the problem is the right wing has a LONG, LONG, LONG history of inflammatory accusations about "VOTER FRAUD!!!" the DEAD ARE VOTING!!! etc. during election season then six months or a year later the "thousands of fraudulent votes!!! DEMOCRAT FRAUD!!" turns out to be 2 or 3, if that, closed with a wimper. And then we move onto another set of inflammatory claims in the next go around.

    It's literally the best real life example of the Boy Who Cried Wolf there is. Doesn't mean the boy can't be right, just that there's no reason to trust the GOP until we get proof, and lots of reasons to be skeptical. For one, I have no idea why an illegal, and especially a non-citizen but legal resident, would risk a felony and deportation to cast one vote.

  8. #118
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    08-08-17 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,860

    Re: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No it doesn't. It's a deception to convinced liked minded people that it does. But no where has any information or evidence of fraud been shown of any significance.
    The deception is that asking for an ID discriminates. If that were really the case over half the things you need ID for, including dealing with the government, would not be asked for.

    Quit holding groups of people back just to say they are discriminated against.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,764

    Re: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    You don't see why fingerprints are necessary?

    What do you think happen if somebody wants to get a card in more than one name?
    Somehow we've made it through 2014 in the U.S. without those requirements. Some states, notably Texas, have RECENTLY begun requiring fingerprints, but it's never happened in my state, I have a DL, and that's what I used to vote yesterday.

  10. #120
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: La Raza Promotes Washington Post Guide On Where People Can Vote Without An ID

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    You have no understanding of the term La Raza...please try not to comment on what you clearly have no knowledge of...

    Have you ever heard the term..."My Peeps"..? Do you have any concept of what the term "My Peeps" means?
    Well, let's let a History teacher speaking at a La Raza Rally on the UCLA campus fill in the facts.


Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •