Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 148

Thread: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

  1. #71
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,957

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Don't be obtuse. Nobody was around to see the big bang and there is no direct evidence that it happened. At least geological history has physical artifacts to support hypotheses. The big bang has nothing to back it up - zero. Anyone who believes in the big bang is believing in faith-based non-sense that's no different than any creation myth.
    Sorry, but there is a wealth of physical evidence supporting the Big Bang.

    What Is The Evidence For The Big Bang?

  2. #72
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    I don't know what the big deal is here. Ok, there was a Big Bang. How the hell does that disprove that God exists?!
    It's like investigating where a Corvette came from and tracing it back to a single factory. Ok. So who built the factory? The search doesn't just end with the discovery of an origin point.

    Only two kinds of people believe in a strict interpretation of Creationism: extreme religious people and extreme liberals. They rest of us don't put NEAR the weight into it that those people do. get over yourselves

  3. #73
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,957

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    I don't know what the big deal is here. Ok, there was a Big Bang. How the hell does that disprove that God exists?!
    It's like investigating where a Corvette came from and tracing it back to a single factory. Ok. So who built the factory? The search doesn't just end with the discovery of an origin point.

    Only two kinds of people believe in a strict interpretation of Creationism: extreme religious people and extreme liberals. They rest of us don't put NEAR the weight into it that those people do. get over yourselves
    The Big Bang doesn't disprove God. Nothing does. However, BB does disprove that God formed the earth, and evolution disproves that God made Adam from some mud and Eve from his rib.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,326

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Don't be obtuse. Nobody was around to see the big bang and there is no direct evidence that it happened. At least geological history has physical artifacts to support hypotheses. The big bang has nothing to back it up - zero. Anyone who believes in the big bang is believing in faith-based non-sense that's no different than any creation myth.

    I'm amazed at the level of Scientific ignorance exhibited by those on the left.

    From Galactic redshift to the Cosmic Microwave background thats MEASURABLE there actually IS evidence that our Universe started from a singularity nearly 14 Billion years ago.

    And NO " geological historical artifacts " have been unearthed to date that would prove that Man descended from Apes.

  5. #75
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Gravity is also a theory, but I don't see you chucking yourself off the Grand Canyon to stick it to the Athiests.

    Humans evolved from an earlier species.

    This is categorical.

    But nah, we have to go with this idea as to not offend the Christians:
    Actually, Gravity is not a theory, its a Law. Its gone through scientific process and conclusively proven.

    As one that prescribes to Evolution, there are holes in the theory. Its not in the sense that parts have been proven false, its the fact that holes in the theory have yet to be filled. As in some questions have not been answered. Reasons vary and some parts will never be filled unless by some miracle we complete the fossil record 100% (not possible).

  6. #76
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,957

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Actually, Gravity is not a theory, its a Law. Its gone through scientific process and conclusively proven.

    As one that prescribes to Evolution, there are holes in the theory. Its not in the sense that parts have been proven false, its the fact that holes in the theory have yet to be filled. As in some questions have not been answered. Reasons vary and some parts will never be filled unless by some miracle we complete the fossil record 100% (not possible).
    DNA has proven more "gaps" in TOE than any fossils ever would. Your myths are clouding your vision.

    http://m.motherjones.com/politics/20...nism-evolution

  7. #77
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,957

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    That people can remain as willfully ignorant as the deniers of evolution in today's Information Age stuns me.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:28 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,843

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Actually, Gravity is not a theory, its a Law. Its gone through scientific process and conclusively proven.

    As one that prescribes to Evolution, there are holes in the theory. Its not in the sense that parts have been proven false, its the fact that holes in the theory have yet to be filled. As in some questions have not been answered. Reasons vary and some parts will never be filled unless by some miracle we complete the fossil record 100% (not possible).
    ACTUALLY, Gravity is both a Theory and a Law. The Theory is an explanation of the elements involved in producing the force we call Gravity. The Law defines the boundaries of the action of the force of gravity
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  9. #79
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    ACTUALLY, Gravity is both a Theory and a Law. The Theory is an explanation of the elements involved in producing the force we call Gravity. The Law defines the boundaries of the action of the force of gravity
    Thats generally referred to as the theory of General Relativity. Its pretty much semantical but arguing the differences is semi irrelevant. My comment was directed towards someone claiming that Gravity was a theory, its not.

  10. #80
    Educator applejuicefool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,196

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    The Big Bang doesn't disprove God. Nothing does. However, BB does disprove that God formed the earth, and evolution disproves that God made Adam from some mud and Eve from his rib.
    In what way does the truth of the Big Bang disprove that God formed the Earth?

    -AJF

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •