Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 148

Thread: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

  1. #61
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    No. You do not understand the idea of evolution.

    There is no evidence to suggest that it's wrong. If you claim there is you are repeating a lie. If you have such evidence you can get a Nobel prize for it.
    There is a ton of evidence for adaptation and survival of the fittest. That a dog became a horse....no, there is none. Transitional gaps abound everywhere within the evidence.

  2. #62
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,319
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    There is a ton of evidence for adaptation and survival of the fittest. That a dog became a horse....no, there is none. Transitional gaps abound everywhere within the evidence.
    No they don't, you are literally talking out your ass.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    No they don't, you are literally talking out your ass.
    My ass, which used to be platypus, before it was a Sabertooth tiger.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,320

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by erod View Post
    my ass, which used to be platypus, before it was a sabertooth tiger.

    lol !!!

  5. #65
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,921

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Transitional fossils are everywhere. We can observe the evolution of man from ape over the course of millions of years through an unbroken sequence of fossils. The claim of "missing transitions" is a myth perpetuated by religious fanatics.

    Regarding the original set of DNA, evolution makes no attempt whatsoever to explain that. The origin of life is NOT part of the theory of evolution.
    So is Mitochondrial Eve out of fashion? Serious question; I haven't been keeping up.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    You may have been to the Philosophy section but it's Clear the Science section is Foreign to you.
    Not surprisingly, You have NO Posts in the latter outa nearly 5000 you've blighted the board with.

    Your posts are ALL ridiculous, from your absurd knowledgeLess Islamist apologism...
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063906020
    I STUFFED...
    to your new Goofy pronouncement.
    Evolution and Big Bang have Tons of EVIDENCE and UNLIKE [contradDicKtory] Religions do Not require Faith.

    ie, Big Bang
    Big Bang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    3 Observational evidence

    3.1 Hubble's law and the expansion of space
    3.2 Cosmic microwave background radiation

    3.3 Abundance of primordial elements
    3.4 Galactic evolution and distribution
    3.5 Primordial gas clouds
    3.6 Other lines of evidence

    What have You got for god/dog? ZERO

    Evolution's evidence is even More Overwhelming.
    And again, Some religions and interpretations thereof, even Christianity, DO conflict with at least Evolution. Still Wrong, No longer even contested by you.

    EVERYTHING you post is Wrong.

    EDIT to Erod's Goofy attempt below.
    It's the old OBTUSE attempt to try equate the emotion "Love" with 'god', INSTEAD of logically equating it with "Faith".
    No one doubts you have "Faith", just that the object Of that faith exists.
    And of course, 3/4 of the people on the planet
    (love their children too) and have FAITH in OTHER ContradDicktory 'gods' (Or none), and are just as sure, and at least most, if not all, just as surely/necessarily Wrong.
    Duh
    Awww. Did get your feelings hurt?

    I'll simplify for you. Can you prove big bang? If you cannot it's a belief. I am not even saying it's false, but it's a theory that people choose to believe. At this point it is widely accepted that there was likely a "big bang" but do not have much beyond that. Certainly not a clear understanding. The same can apply the existence of a God.

    As for islamist apologizing, I am not as ignorant as some to believe that Muslims are terrorists. There is nothing for me to apologize for.

    And as for proving God exists or big bang, neither discussion will go anywhere. The creation of the universe is far from understood. Anyone who claims to know differently is either lying or dumb.
    “Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.”
    Stephen R. Covey


  7. #67
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,320

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    So is Mitochondrial Eve out of fashion? Serious question; I haven't been keeping up.

    " Transitional Fossils " ???

    Small fragments of jaw bones that may or may not belong to the " missing link '' is the best " transitional fossils " they've come up with.

    Those " transitional fossils " represent evidence thats so profound its changed the " Theory of evolution " to the " Laws of evolution "........wait.

    Its still a theory.

  8. #68
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,921

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Well, as I see it, Francis is making news in restating Church positions because a lot of people see him as more liberal when in fact he is not diverging from Church positions in the slightest.

    It seems to be a special skill that Pope Francis has of stating the Church position in a way that sounds fresh to a lot of people.
    Yes, it does. But as I've frequently said, many who look with favor on this Pope now are going to be surprised when they discover, and they will, that he is...Catholic.

    BTW, thank you for your analogy of the watchmaker and the watch.

  9. #69
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    So, the American Revolution may not have occurred or nobody dropped an nuclear bomb on two Japanese cities because you "have not witnessed" said events?
    Don't be obtuse. Nobody was around to see the big bang and there is no direct evidence that it happened. At least geological history has physical artifacts to support hypotheses. The big bang has nothing to back it up - zero. Anyone who believes in the big bang is believing in faith-based non-sense that's no different than any creation myth.

  10. #70
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,786

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    There is a ton of evidence for adaptation and survival of the fittest. That a dog became a horse....no, there is none. Transitional gaps abound everywhere within the evidence.
    A dog doesn't become a horse, but some wolves did become dogs.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •