Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 148

Thread: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

  1. #51
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Saying that the big bang is hogwash is not a belief. It's a negative statement. I can't believe in something that I have not witnessed to be true for myself.

    The big bang is a theory, not a proven fact. They recently discovered that some aspects of the universe are expanding at different rates than others. The idea that the universe has an origin point is unproven. The big bang theory is science's creation story, nothing more.
    ...and a story that more and more scientists are becoming increasingly uncomfortable with.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    WE don't have to find anything -- the work has already been done by thousands of researchers during the past two hundred years

    Evol.Page to Print: Clado Background Information
    Which fails to explain - and even admits it - the vast gaps that exist in transition from one species of animal to another.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Aw - denial - the fallback position when shown to be wrong, nevermind, moving on ....
    I was wrong. I overestimated you. It won't happen again.

  4. #54
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig
    Of course, there is NO evidence of the "existence" of ANY 'god', much less the one you probably have in mind. (that is contradictory to most/at least 3/4 of the other gods/religions such as the Hindu god/s etc)
    And of course, Some 'gods' and interpretations of them, ARE contradicted by evolution.
    That very debate comes up alot in the philosophy section.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreton View Post
    You can type that all day, but the existence or lack of existence of God or any other belief as to how the universe was created is a matter of faith. Ive been to the philosophy section and the majority of the posts there are just ignorance on display for the other posters.
    You may have been to the Philosophy section but it's Clear the Science section is Foreign to you.
    Not surprisingly, You have NO Posts in the latter outa nearly 5000 you've blighted the board with.

    Your posts are ALL ridiculous, from your absurd knowledgeLess Islamist apologism...
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063906020
    I STUFFED...
    to your new Goofy pronouncement.
    Evolution and Big Bang have Tons of EVIDENCE and UNLIKE [contradDicKtory] Religions do Not require Faith.

    ie, Big Bang
    Big Bang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    3 Observational evidence

    3.1 Hubble's law and the expansion of space
    3.2 Cosmic microwave background radiation

    3.3 Abundance of primordial elements
    3.4 Galactic evolution and distribution
    3.5 Primordial gas clouds
    3.6 Other lines of evidence

    What have You got for god/dog? ZERO

    Evolution's evidence is even More Overwhelming.
    And again, Some religions and interpretations thereof, even Christianity, DO conflict with at least Evolution. Still Wrong, No longer even contested by you.

    EVERYTHING you post is Wrong.

    EDIT to Erod's Goofy attempt below.
    It's the old OBTUSE attempt to try equate the emotion "Love" with 'god', INSTEAD of logically equating it with "Faith".
    No one doubts you have "Faith", just that the object Of that faith exists.
    And of course, 3/4 of the people on the planet
    (love their children too) and have FAITH in OTHER ContradDicktory 'gods' (Or none), and are just as sure, and at least most, if not all, just as surely/necessarily Wrong.
    Duh
    Last edited by mbig; 10-29-14 at 04:25 PM. Reason: b
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  5. #55
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    You may have been to the Philosophy section but it's Clear the Science section is Foreign to you.

    Your posts are ALL ridiculous, from your absurd knowledgeLess Islamist apologism...
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063906020
    I STUFFED

    to your new Goofy pronuncement.
    Evolution and Big Bang have Tons of EVIDENCE and UNLIKE [contradDicKtory] Religions do Not require Faith.

    ie, Big Bang
    Big Bang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    [b]3 Observational evidence

    3.1 Hubble's law and the expansion of space
    3.2 Cosmic microwave background radiation

    3.3 Abundance of primordial elements
    3.4 Galactic evolution and distribution
    3.5 Primordial gas clouds
    3.6 Other lines of evidence

    What have You got for god/dog? ZERO

    EVERYTHING you post is Wrong.
    Do you love your children?

  6. #56
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Gravity is also a theory, but I don't see you chucking yourself off the Grand Canyon to stick it to the Athiests.

    Humans evolved from an earlier species.

    This is categorical.

    But nah, we have to go with this idea as to not offend the Christians:



    Your " proof " of our supposed evolutionary path is a Cartoon ?

    LOL !!

  7. #57
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    No, your rebuttal against Evolution has the depth of a Crayon drawing in Kindergarten.

    Evolution is fact.

    Period.

    It does not attempt to explain the origins of life, but it explains how life came to be as it is today.
    You need to learn to chill. Whether evolution is completely true or not won't make a dollar's worth of difference in your life.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #58
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    That is absolute nonsense, again informed only by an ideological need to refute science because it doesn't gel perfectly with your flimsy religion.
    Bet it made you well up inside with juvenile pride using the word "flimsy".
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,308

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Which fails to explain - and even admits it - the vast gaps that exist in transition from one species of animal to another.
    No. You do not understand the idea of evolution.

    There is no evidence to suggest that it's wrong. If you claim there is you are repeating a lie. If you have such evidence you can get a Nobel prize for it.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,308

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You need to learn to chill. Whether evolution is completely true or not won't make a dollar's worth of difference in your life.
    Wrong.

    The Ebola virus, for example, is being fought using the understanding of how it has evolved and how the selection process is effecting it.

    The expected arrival of Bird flue has been predicted because of the understanding of evolution. It has had research done on it before it makes the species jump. We are vastly better prepared for this event because of the amount of understanding we have of the situation which has yet to happen.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •