Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 148

Thread: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

  1. #121
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,080

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    You were just saying how science proves faith then you and go on this post and attack science. A little consistency please.
    I'm not attacking science. I'm just saying we have woefully incomplete science.

  2. #122
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,080

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yeah, that's it. The moths spontaneously generated from thin air. That's exactly what science found to happen. Maybe you should stick to topics on politics and faith.
    Geez. Do you not understand chicken-and-egg? Where did these first moths come from? Evolutionary theory remains wildly incomplete until that can be answered.

  3. #123
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Geez. Do you not understand chicken-and-egg? Where did these first moths come from? Evolutionary theory remains wildly incomplete until that can be answered.
    Have you seen cosmos?

    You could learn a ton from here.

    http://www.talkorigins.org/

  4. #124
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,328

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Again, not one example of one animal becoming another. I'm not debating that species evolve according to their conditions, or that the strongest survive. People are much taller now just a few hundred years ago, but that doesn't make us the descendants of a fish that crawled out of the ocean.

    Show me fossilized examples of one animal evolving into something completely different.
    As you already fully know that is not what the theory of evolution says happens. To say that it is is false.

  5. #125
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,080

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Wha...??? Erod, you're really not qualified to be having this discussion.
    No, you don't understand the discussion at hand. You run from the question of origin. Big Bang is a theory on origin. That, by definition, led to the existence of you and I, correct?

    I'm trying to establish the origin of life, and how that evolved into millions of different creatures. And the original point remains, there are no fossil records that link the transition of one species into something entirely different as evolution insists happened.

  6. #126
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, you don't understand the discussion at hand. You run from the question of origin. Big Bang is a theory on origin. That, by definition, led to the existence of you and I, correct?

    I'm trying to establish the origin of life, and how that evolved into millions of different creatures. And the original point remains, there are no fossil records that link the transition of one species into something entirely different as evolution insists happened.
    You know nothing. Read through the talkorigins site, and come back when you know anything at all. Because as it stands you know so little you don't even know what you don't know.

  7. #127
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    [/I]Because as it stands you know so little you don't even know what you don't know.
    Dunning

  8. #128
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,326

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Wha...??? Erod, you're really not qualified to be having this discussion.
    If he's so " unqualified " then you should at least be able to answer his question.

    The people that claim order arose from arbitrary chaos are the ones who are not qualified to having this discussion.

    Matter, mass and energy out of nothing violates the laws of thermodynamics.

  9. #129
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,080

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    You know nothing. Read through the talkorigins site, and come back when you know anything at all. Because as it stands you know so little you don't even know what you don't know.
    This is cute and all, but it still stands that the most basic questions, albeit infinitely complicated, challenge the religion of Evolution. Christianity doesn't argue with evolution as a fundamentally possible process, only its explanation of origin.

    But carry on with the "you're stupid" stuff. It's so endearing.

  10. #130
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,080

    Re: Pope says evolution, Big Bang are real

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Careful. This is the lifeblood of your party. Without it, you'd all fit in a phone booth.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •