Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 81

Thread: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

  1. #51
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,314

    Re: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Not when they tell you to get a new one because the one you have is giving you false positives.
    Which should translate as; Get a better one.
    Soooo... when your virus software actually detects a virus do you just assume the virus software is broken?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  2. #52
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,314

    Re: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Remember when "those people" rioted after the Zimmerman verdict?

    I don't either.

    Sometimes, it's like some of you WANT riots.
    I think most people are predicting riots in Ferguson because there have already been riots in Ferguson.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,146

    Re: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Remember when "those people" rioted after the Zimmerman verdict?

    I don't either.
    I do recall an uptick in Black-on-White assaults, with "This is for Trayvon" added in many of them.

  4. #54
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    43,694

    Re: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    I do recall an uptick in Black-on-White assaults, with "This is for Trayvon" added in many of them.
    Is there any actual empirical evidence that there WAS an "uptick," or did they just receive more coverage from conservative media?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-22-18 @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,679

    Re: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Soooo... when your virus software actually detects a virus do you just assume the virus software is broken?
    Wut?
    You must not be paying attention.
    He was corrected. There was no virus. It was a false positive, which is why it was suggested he get new software.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #56
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-22-18 @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,679

    Re: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Is there any actual empirical evidence that there WAS an "uptick," or did they just receive more coverage from conservative media?
    Uptick?
    These claims made by the criminals did not exist prior to.
    So it couldn't be because of more coverage.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #57
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-22-18 @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,679

    Re: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    That is the same info that was provided in their original release which was linked to in post #4.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #58
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,314

    Re: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wut?
    You must not be paying attention.
    He was corrected. There was no virus. It was a false positive, which is why it was suggested he get new software.
    Your argument that his virus alert was wrong because your virus scanner didn't alert you was not very smart. Even if the end result is that his alert was false it is still a really really dumb way to evaluate virus threats. It could just as easily (more easily) have been that your virus definitions were missing the entry for whatever virus he picked up on his scan. Since you didn't bother to ask him what scanning software he was running and how recent his definitions were you had no clue whatsoever whether his scanner was wrong and yours was right, certainly not enough information to dismiss his warning.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #59
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    05-22-18 @ 02:34 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,679

    Re: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Your argument that his virus alert was wrong because your virus scanner didn't alert you was not very smart. Even if the end result is that his alert was false it is still a really really dumb way to evaluate virus threats. It could just as easily (more easily) have been that your virus definitions were missing the entry for whatever virus he picked up on his scan. Since you didn't bother to ask him what scanning software he was running and how recent his definitions were you had no clue whatsoever whether his scanner was wrong and yours was right, certainly not enough information to dismiss his warning.
    You are doing a lot of assuming there.
    Nor do not know what I did on my end to determine if there was or wasn't a threat. Even the claim that the link from the dailymail had a virus while not impossible, is ridiculous because of likelihood.


    The fact remains that it was a false positive, and I informed him of it.
    And that, as well as suggesting he get better software is a wise thing to do.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-30-14 at 02:25 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #60
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,314

    Re: Hacker group anonymous claims the shooter of Michael Brown will not be charged

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You are doing a lot of assuming there.
    Nor do not know what I did on my end to determine if there was or wasn't a threat. Even the claim that the link from the dailymail had a virus while not impossible, is ridiculous because of likelihood.

    The fact remains that it was a false positive, and I informed him of it.
    And that, as well as suggesting he get better software is a wise thing to do.
    No, you didn't actually have enough information to make such a call. Making unsubstantiated claims is not helpful even if they are subject to the broken clock rule.

    You are only making yourself look more ignorant by claiming that it wasn't very likely because of the site.

    You don't know what you are talking about and so you give terrible advice to people in telling them to ignore their virus alerts.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •