Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I'll concede the existence of "hate crimes" when you show me someone assault a stranger because they love them.
    It's not the assault that makes it a hate crime -something you conservatives just either don't get or don't want to get. It's a hate crime because of the reason for the crime. This video is a perfect example of a hate crime. This piece of excrement attacked a guy waiting in line at the airport because he perceived him to be a homosexual - and therefore worth of being attacked. It wasn't an assault for money, or because the guy provoked him, or any other reason besides the fact that he hated homosexuals.

    But then you knew that, didn't you?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #12
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Stepping in and stopping it is very, VERY more important.
    NO, they are both equally important. Without the video, only a handful of people would have been able to view this hate crime. And hate crimes deserve all of the exposure they can get.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #13
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,681

    Re: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    It's not the assault that makes it a hate crime -something you conservatives just either don't get or don't want to get. It's a hate crime because of the reason for the crime. This video is a perfect example of a hate crime. This piece of excrement attacked a guy waiting in line at the airport because he perceived him to be a homosexual - and therefore worth of being attacked. It wasn't an assault for money, or because the guy provoked him, or any other reason besides the fact that he hated homosexuals.

    But then you knew that, didn't you?
    Nobody denies that people attack other people because of some perceived trait in the victim. What liberals fail to see is that there is always a stupid excuse when someone assaults a random stranger or otherwise harms them. I refuse to accept the notion that a guy who attacks a homosexual deserves more jail time than the guy that attacks a heterosexual. They both deserve the same jail sentence. It is just more unequal protection under the law driven by the idiotic pretense of balance.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #14
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Nobody denies that people attack other people because of some perceived trait in the victim. What liberals fail to see is that there is always a stupid excuse when someone assaults a random stranger or otherwise harms them. I refuse to accept the notion that a guy who attacks a homosexual deserves more jail time than the guy that attacks a heterosexual. They both deserve the same jail sentence. It is just more unequal protection under the law driven by the idiotic pretense of balance.
    Targeting by group is basically terrorism and not the same as a property crime. Why is that difficult to understand?

    Unequal protection? For whom? There have been hate crime convictions for targeting whites and heteros.

    One does not get convicted of a hate crime just because their victim is homosexual. It appears you have no understanding of US hate crime legislation whatsoever.

    How can someone be this ignorant of the facts and yet rail against something? Talk about blind rage. Sad.
    Last edited by ecofarm; 10-28-14 at 02:24 PM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,681

    Re: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    NO, they are both equally important.
    Simple question: You are the only one there at the seen of the altercation with a camera. Do you stop the attack or film it?

    Without the video, only a handful of people would have been able to view this hate crime. And hate crimes deserve all of the exposure they can get.
    Nobody needs to see that, sorry. It's just feeding voyeurism. This video in the public realm really doesn't do anything productive other than entertain. It's not going to be a life lesson for someone to think about during their next drunken rage. And labeling it a hate crime won't stop people from hating one another.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  6. #16
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,681

    Re: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Targeting by group is basically terrorism and not the same as a property crime. Why is that difficult to understand?
    Can you show me assaults and violence that aren't targeting a specific group? Why is randomly punching someone less of a crime than punching a specific person?

    Unequal protection? For whom? There have been hate crime convictions for targeting whites and heteros.
    For the people whose attacker didn't attack them because they were a protected class of person. Their attacker didn't commit a "hate crime" and so aren't subject to the harsher sentence. And why not? If the guy randomly assaulting people somehow more noble than the one who's angry at a protected group? Does he not deserve as much jail time?

    One does not get convicted of a hate crime just because their victim is homosexual. It appears you have no understanding of US hate crime legislation whatsoever.
    I never said they did! In fact I said they exact opposite of that. I said that hate crime involves the targeting of someone because of a trait oor a perceived trait (so long as that trait is protected...). I also said that if they are guilty of a "hate crime" they get a harsher sentence than a person guilty of the same level of assault who picked their victim randomly. That is the whole point of hate crime legislation.

    How can someone be this ignorant of the facts and yet rail against something? Talk about blind rage. Sad.
    You tell me.
    Last edited by jmotivator; 10-28-14 at 02:39 PM.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #17
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,359

    Re: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Can you show me assaults and violence that aren't targeting a specific group?
    You really just don't understand!

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

    Well its clear, we must kill all straight people.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,522

    Re: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Stepping in and stopping it is very, VERY more important.
    Which obviously happened in a split second of the douche physically attacking the other guy.

    All bases appear to have been covered quite nicely.

  10. #20
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: A Hate Crime at a Dallas Airport, caught on camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Our conservative friends persist in telling us that there's no such thing as a hate crime. Of course they are wrong.
    There is no such thing as a hate crime.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •