Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,407

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I think we agree on this topic. He's right, we are undermining global security, started back in 2003 and has snowballed ever since,...actually since both Sadam and the Taliban and even al Queda were once "allies" that we armed, and Saudi Arabian royalty still are, I guess it even started before 2003. However, Putin is definitely not one to be talking. And lastly, no with everything already going on we don't need more, however the MICs in these two countries see gravy, dessert, and an aperitif, not just meat and potatoes. These MICs are in charge these days, I have no doubt, and are thrilled with the escalations and probably are doing everything they can to assure our leaders keep the world on high alert.
    I believe the thing has a "we didn't start the fire" quality about it, that you might want to think about. What is going on in the world is unruly and often suddenly lethal. As long as we do not have a global provider of police security we will have to make due as the sheriff we can afford.

  2. #32
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,407

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Basten View Post
    It's best to ignore the old man's ramblings.
    The problem is that he has cost us dearly. Supporting Saddam together with Schröder and Chirac egged the dictator on to hold his opposition to the Security Council and the US. Very similar happened in Syria or Libya and in Ukraine, where the Europeans were his actual adversaries, while he made out the Americans for his captive audiences.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:57 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,407

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    As if taking Crimea and invading the Ukraine enhances global stability?

    Yeah, right.
    Yeah, right!

  4. #34
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I think we agree on this topic. He's right, we are undermining global security, started back in 2003 and has snowballed ever since,...actually since both Sadam and the Taliban and even al Queda were once "allies" that we armed, and Saudi Arabian royalty still are, I guess it even started before 2003. However, Putin is definitely not one to be talking. And lastly, no with everything already going on we don't need more, however the MICs in these two countries see gravy, dessert, and an aperitif, not just meat and potatoes. These MICs are in charge these days, I have no doubt, and are thrilled with the escalations and probably are doing everything they can to assure our leaders keep the world on high alert.
    I see you took the time to go into a long diatribe about what you hate in the US, followed by a non-criticism "Putin is definitely not on to be talking". Could your sympathies with Russia be anymore apparent. Did you say one other criticism, which is absolutely deserved, about Russia? NOOOOOOO

    Your post is dismissed.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #35
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I see you took the time to go into a long diatribe about what you hate in the US, followed by a non-criticism "Putin is definitely not on to be talking". Could your sympathies with Russia be anymore apparent. Did you say one other criticism, which is absolutely deserved, about Russia? NOOOOOOO

    Your post is dismissed.
    Oh please, get over yourself. My lack of confidence in our country's motives is nothing new, and have nothing to do with Russia or Putin. To not know that is to have not read my posts over the years, which you clearly have. Do I hate the US, not quite, but if you feel the need to paint broadly, I broadly fit into that category. Still nothing to do with Russia, which I have no real opinion on having never experienced Russia. Hence I have no opinion except to be assured that any opinion I have regarding our country is because I have it, had it, and will likely continue to have, and Putin will not be influencing it one way or another.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  6. #36
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,160

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    " Putin accuses US of undermining global stability."

    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Ukraine.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Libya.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Iraq.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Afghanistan.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Egypt.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Syria
    Ukraine? No. I was in Ukraine at the time.

    On the macro level, it originated as a spat between Putin and the EU. Putin knows damn well that his Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) will swirl down the toilet without Ukraine.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

    Repeal and Replace Trump.

  7. #37
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 02:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,224
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Putin's speech at the Valdai Club, in its' entirety, is posted on the Vineyard of the Saker

    The Vineyard of the Saker

    I agree with Putin completely on the issues presented. We have created chaos in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Ukraine, Egypt, and other Nations. We have military bases in 144 Countries when there are no percieved large military threats, definitely none upon our borders. We are projecting a technically bankrupt currency about the World as a Reserve Currency and must spend as much as we can, acquiring alternative assets for the Corporate class, before it crashes. The NWO is about a Corporate world management, or more precisely, fascism. The USA has allowed a big energy hegemon to infiltrate and make policy in our leadership starting with the Intelligence Agencies operating to help American Corporations overseas. We bombed Libya and what is left behind. We threatened to bomb Syria when the rebels used poison gas and now find out that the USA has thousands of "allegedly" moderate rebels on CIA payrolls and ain't that working just great for Iraq and Syria? Is Afghanistan a success? Only if you measure success by "opium production." Is Iraq a success? All these lovely OIL/energy countries are destabilized for what reason? Cui Bono? Who profits. Well, it's capitalism (actually corporatism) and the coffers of the USA arms manufacturers, a business twice as large as the auto industry, are overflowing. USA Energy Corporations are the first profiteers of war, so they are doing well. Am I suggesting that USA MIC and its' allies promote war? Why , hell yes. Does a cat have an ass? That is known as product promotion, marketing, good business and I will repeat what I often repeat; "War is good business, and business is good." If the auto industry downturn can crash our economy, then a lack of wars crashes our economy twice as bad because it is twice as large an Industry. I think USA policy is doing exactly what it wants by creating chaos in Energy producing Nations because they can't be so stupid to keep making the same mistake, over and over. It must be the plan. Classified, top secret, not for virgin ears, don't ya' know?
    The US created instability in so many countries, not for economic reasons, if anything instability hurts our finances overall, except for a handful of defense contractors. It was because of a controlling and paranoid ideology about how to deal with extremist terrorism and religious fundamentalists. With out current increase in domestic oil/gas output, we're not even that reliant on ME reserves. Our leaders real problem with the ME is keeping Russia and China from tapping into all the energy they need from there to become even bigger global influences. It's a game of who can stay on top.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    It'll get worse before it ever gets better, but things getting better seem more-and-more like a pipedream everyday. Take our current Cold War-esque conflict with Russia. Apparently neither nation learned any valuable lessons from previous interactions - if one pushes the other, the one who got pushed first shoves back.
    That's because our current leaders were little kids at the height of the Cold War. We didn't play our cards well with Russia, and could've been a little more generous with financial incentives, instead of being so tight fisted.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  8. #38
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    " Putin accuses US of undermining global stability."

    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Ukraine.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Libya.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Iraq.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Afghanistan.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Egypt.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Syria.

    Hot damn y'all, but Putin says the USA is undermining global stability.
    Is there a recurring theme here?
    No deep thinking required.
    Interestingly enough, those are all places the USSR were once fighting for influence. The reason they are no longer the USSR is because they lost that battle. I would agree that the unfortunate consequence of the cold war was that we had to prop up governments that were quite toxic to the countries they controlled. However, the alternative was to allow the USSR to do it. The Cold war was basically a fight of resources and a chess game of sorts. A chess game that the USSR nearly won when they got as far as Cuba and parts of South America, but simply could not outpace the US economically. They no longer had the money to buy the influence needed to continue the battle. As their influence folded, the US gobbled it up and used the newly acquired resources to strangle the USSR economically. Simply put, Russia is trying to get its head back into the game and wants a re-match.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  9. #39
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    In fairness, his incursion seems to have caused considerably less casualties, and considerably less turmoil locally, and dramatically less instability globally than our incursions into the ME.
    Because he's not fighting an open war. Apples and oranges.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  10. #40
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    What was it they used to say about stones and glass houses?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •