Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

Thread: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

  1. #21
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Let's put it this way, no one is going to suddenly agree with him because he said it. IF someone already has one or both of those opinions, they had them well before Putin sputtered. So no, it's not "working" on any but the most partisan and paranoid.
    Then those who already hold those views should view this as exactly the reason why we can't become an isolationist country.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  2. #22
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    Then those who already hold those views should view this as exactly the reason why we can't become an isolationist country.
    To use the propaganda presented by Putin to have an opinion or change an opinion is equally ignorant. A person suggesting people make a choice or change a choice based on propaganda (right as it may be) by Putin should be considered quite suspect regarding his/her intentions.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  3. #23
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,302

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Putin accuses US of undermining global stability




    Though, I believe these accusations about America wanting to dominate geopolitical situations to our advantage, Putin and Russia are no better. What's scary is how far in a standoff, with both sides pushing for more concessions and assets, will they drive this competition?

    Between natural disasters, environmental impact, Ebola like diseases, financial instability, ISIS/terrorism and Chinese hackers how much more strife does the world really need?
    Putin's speech at the Valdai Club, in its' entirety, is posted on the Vineyard of the Saker

    The Vineyard of the Saker

    I agree with Putin completely on the issues presented. We have created chaos in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Ukraine, Egypt, and other Nations. We have military bases in 144 Countries when there are no percieved large military threats, definitely none upon our borders. We are projecting a technically bankrupt currency about the World as a Reserve Currency and must spend as much as we can, acquiring alternative assets for the Corporate class, before it crashes. The NWO is about a Corporate world management, or more precisely, fascism. The USA has allowed a big energy hegemon to infiltrate and make policy in our leadership starting with the Intelligence Agencies operating to help American Corporations overseas. We bombed Libya and what is left behind. We threatened to bomb Syria when the rebels used poison gas and now find out that the USA has thousands of "allegedly" moderate rebels on CIA payrolls and ain't that working just great for Iraq and Syria? Is Afghanistan a success? Only if you measure success by "opium production." Is Iraq a success? All these lovely OIL/energy countries are destabilized for what reason? Cui Bono? Who profits. Well, it's capitalism (actually corporatism) and the coffers of the USA arms manufacturers, a business twice as large as the auto industry, are overflowing. USA Energy Corporations are the first profiteers of war, so they are doing well. Am I suggesting that USA MIC and its' allies promote war? Why , hell yes. Does a cat have an ass? That is known as product promotion, marketing, good business and I will repeat what I often repeat; "War is good business, and business is good." If the auto industry downturn can crash our economy, then a lack of wars crashes our economy twice as bad because it is twice as large an Industry. I think USA policy is doing exactly what it wants by creating chaos in Energy producing Nations because they can't be so stupid to keep making the same mistake, over and over. It must be the plan. Classified, top secret, not for virgin ears, don't ya' know?

  4. #24
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    To use the propaganda presented by Putin to have an opinion or change an opinion is equally ignorant. A person suggesting people make a choice or change a choice based on propaganda (right as it may be) by Putin should be considered quite suspect regarding his/her intentions.
    I don't know how changing ones opinion is ignorant. I have always thought that those who stick to their opinions and never change them at all to be ignorant.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  5. #25
    Professor
    Capster78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    08-24-15 @ 02:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,253

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    Putin's speech at the Valdai Club, in its' entirety, is posted on the Vineyard of the Saker

    The Vineyard of the Saker

    I agree with Putin completely on the issues presented. We have created chaos in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Ukraine, Egypt, and other Nations. We have military bases in 144 Countries when there are no percieved large military threats, definitely none upon our borders. We are projecting a technically bankrupt currency about the World as a Reserve Currency and must spend as much as we can, acquiring alternative assets for the Corporate class, before it crashes. The NWO is about a Corporate world management, or more precisely, fascism. The USA has allowed a big energy hegemon to infiltrate and make policy in our leadership starting with the Intelligence Agencies operating to help American Corporations overseas. We bombed Libya and what is left behind. We threatened to bomb Syria when the rebels used poison gas and now find out that the USA has thousands of "allegedly" moderate rebels on CIA payrolls and ain't that working just great for Iraq and Syria? Is Afghanistan a success? Only if you measure success by "opium production." Is Iraq a success? All these lovely OIL/energy countries are destabilized for what reason? Cui Bono? Who profits. Well, it's capitalism (actually corporatism) and the coffers of the USA arms manufacturers, a business twice as large as the auto industry, are overflowing. USA Energy Corporations are the first profiteers of war, so they are doing well. Am I suggesting that USA MIC and its' allies promote war? Why , hell yes. Does a cat have an ass? That is known as product promotion, marketing, good business and I will repeat what I often repeat; "War is good business, and business is good." If the auto industry downturn can crash our economy, then a lack of wars crashes our economy twice as bad because it is twice as large an Industry. I think USA policy is doing exactly what it wants by creating chaos in Energy producing Nations because they can't be so stupid to keep making the same mistake, over and over. It must be the plan. Classified, top secret, not for virgin ears, don't ya' know?
    You're playing right into Putins progagandic lies. He is only upset because he is not the one doing the interventions.
    - There was never a good war, or a bad peace.
    - Idealistically, everything should work as you planed it to. Realistically, it depends on how idealistic you are as to the measure of success.
    - Better to be a pessimist before, and an optimist afterwords.

  6. #26
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    I don't know how changing ones opinion is ignorant. I have always thought that those who stick to their opinions and never change them at all to be ignorant.
    I said, and will repeat, if done based on or because of propaganda by Putin. So either you're daft or you're intentionally misrepresenting what I said. I suspect the latter, but your posts leave it an open option. Bless your heart.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  7. #27
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,302

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by Capster78 View Post
    You're playing right into Putins progagandic lies. He is only upset because he is not the one doing the interventions.
    " Putin accuses US of undermining global stability."

    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Ukraine.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Libya.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Iraq.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Afghanistan.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Egypt.
    The USA created the chaos (instability) in Syria.

    Hot damn y'all, but Putin says the USA is undermining global stability.
    Is there a recurring theme here?
    No deep thinking required.

  8. #28
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,413

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    I have been watching the US Russian relationship for quite some time and Putin's accusations are disingenuous. It is understandable that the Russians were avoid that the Americans ignored them, were condescending or helped them as the situation seemed to the Americans to warrant and higher priorities demanded. That they have returned to trying to harm the USA is not new. The most costly symptom of this strategy was the organization of the support of Saddam against the Security Council and Bush. But yugoslavia, Libya or Georgia and Syria were the same.
    They are disingenuous, and we need to remember that he's merely posturing. A form of marketing, or PR, if you will.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,153

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    MOSCOW (AP) President Vladimir Putin of Russia said Friday that the world is becoming an increasingly dangerous place because of U.S. attempts to enforce its will on other countries and that his nation will not comply.
    Says the man who started a proxy war in Eastern Ukraine.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Last Seen
    01-28-15 @ 06:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    5,587
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Putin accuses US of undermining global stability

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Putin accuses US of undermining global stability




    Though, I believe these accusations about America wanting to dominate geopolitical situations to our advantage, Putin and Russia are no better. What's scary is how far in a standoff, with both sides pushing for more concessions and assets, will they drive this competition?

    Between natural disasters, environmental impact, Ebola like diseases, financial instability, ISIS/terrorism and Chinese hackers how much more strife does the world really need?
    It'll get worse before it ever gets better, but things getting better seem more-and-more like a pipedream everyday. Take our current Cold War-esque conflict with Russia. Apparently neither nation learned any valuable lessons from previous interactions - if one pushes the other, the one who got pushed first shoves back.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •