Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 538

Thread: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi[W:480]

  1. #501
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I deal with reality.

    I believe in the constitution. and most states could not ban guns due to their own constitutions.
    I see no evidence of that.

    But, two points:

    1) you failed to answer the question. It could happen.
    2) the court allows for it. That is reality. And you don't seem to be accepting it.
    3) I think you believe in what you project on the Constitution. it's not the same as believing in it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #502
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I see no evidence of that.

    But, two points:

    1) you failed to answer the question. It could happen.
    2) the court allows for it. That is reality. And you don't seem to be accepting it.
    3) I think you believe in what you project on the Constitution. it's not the same as believing in it.
    I cannot help what you fail to understand as to state constitutions.

    yes it could happen. but now that the Supreme court has extended the 2A to states it cannot.

    I think you are not able to understand what the constitution really says or how to analyze it. none of you gun banners or gun restrictionists have ever made a rational argument that the federal government was actually delegated a power to control firearms



  3. #503
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I cannot help what you fail to understand as to state constitutions.

    yes it could happen. but now that the Supreme court has extended the 2A to states it cannot.

    I think you are not able to understand what the constitution really says or how to analyze it. none of you gun banners or gun restrictionists have ever made a rational argument that the federal government was actually delegated a power to control firearms
    Oh, I admit my novice status. I wish others would as well. But I do know that it allows the courts to rule on this, and they have. You largely have lost your argument already. The reality is what it is.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #504
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I understand it, but if your issue is freedom to own guns, you logically would be upset no matter who banned them. You would not argue that guns can't be banned, that it's a protected right. If you acknowledge states can ban them, then get ready for states banning them.
    States can not ban them, as per the Supreme Court (DC vs Heller) but they can regulate them.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  5. #505
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-14 @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    64

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    remind me of your training in constitutional law.

    its clearly about an individual right

    what pre-existing right did the founders seek to recognize with the 2A?
    I'm not sure why you are confused
    there was no pre-existing right
    since there was no pre-existing US of A
    prior to all of that
    you were nothing but a number of different colonies
    much like all the rest of great Britain's colonies
    including botany bay
    but the auzzis got smart (long before you)
    so great Britain started sending all their convicts your way instead
    .
    its not an individual right dude
    your courts your scholars happen to agree on this fact
    .
    its only a minute proportion of the mighty yank that figures those learned people are all wrong
    .
    so tell us again...your reason for refusing to registar your firearms is...
    A...too much work
    and
    B...insurrection
    (I believe you also muttered something about your fed gov shouldn't impose taxes on you as well...however you've still given no valid reason why not)

  6. #506
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmacq View Post
    I'm not sure why you are confused
    there was no pre-existing right
    since there was no pre-existing US of A
    prior to all of that
    you were nothing but a number of different colonies
    much like all the rest of great Britain's colonies
    including botany bay
    but the auzzis got smart (long before you)
    so great Britain started sending all their convicts your way instead
    .
    its not an individual right dude
    your courts your scholars happen to agree on this fact
    .
    its only a minute proportion of the mighty yank that figures those learned people are all wrong
    .
    so tell us again...your reason for refusing to registar your firearms is...
    A...too much work
    and
    B...insurrection
    (I believe you also muttered something about your fed gov shouldn't impose taxes on you as well...however you've still given no valid reason why not)
    complete blather. dismissed as opinion based on a desire to ban guns

    your posts are disjointed, poorly written and make no sense

    I don't support registration because

    a) the federal government doesn't have the proper power to do so based on even the most extreme version of the commerce clause

    b) every asshole who wants to ban guns supports registration

    c) it doesn't help me in any way shape or form

    d) criminals are exempt from registration due to the fifth amendment


    the foundation upon which the bill of rights is premised upon is not my creation but one recognized by constitutional historians



  7. #507
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-14 @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    64

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I cannot help it if your knowledge of firearms and artillery is as deficient as your understanding of constitutional law
    .
    right
    cause once again you want to decide what is and what isn't
    "its a frickin tube which a projectile runs through propelled by escaping gasses
    usually initiated by a trigger mechanism
    the spent casing is then ejected
    ...sounds eerily similar enough to me"
    .
    youre funny
    .
    a thought for you
    gun boats and gun ships (well okay...that was two)
    AND
    in the day of the sail all those cannons were designated "guns" (oops...now three)
    "Naval artillery is artillery mounted on a warship, originally used only for naval warfare, later also for naval gunfire "
    ...note the word "gun" in "gunfire?
    ...
    but hey dude
    we can keep on playing your silly game
    its been noticed you prefer to make up your own rules as you go along

  8. #508
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:53 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,791

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post

    I don't support registration because



    b) every asshole who wants to ban guns supports registration
    So if someone turned the tables on you and said ...... " yeah, every asshole with the three page centerfold to GUN MONTHLY over their bed for inspiration opposes registration"?


    Can you tell us how that sort of vitriolic hyperbole advances the discussion in any intelligent way?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #509
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,622

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    So if someone turned the tables on you and said ...... " yeah, every asshole with the three page centerfold to GUN MONTHLY over their bed for inspiration opposes registration"?


    Can you tell us how that sort of vitriolic hyperbole advances the discussion in any intelligent way?
    mine is truthful, yours is not. I have never heard of gun monthly or a centerfold thereof

    why would any gun owner support registration?



  10. #510
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-14 @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    64

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    complete blather. dismissed as opinion based on a desire to ban guns

    your posts are disjointed, poorly written and make no sense

    I don't support registration because

    a) the federal government doesn't have the proper power to do so based on even the most extreme version of the commerce clause

    b) every asshole who wants to ban guns supports registration

    c) it doesn't help me in any way shape or form

    d) criminals are exempt from registration due to the fifth amendment


    the foundation upon which the bill of rights is premised upon is not my creation but one recognized by constitutional historians
    .
    except for rather majorly huge problem dude
    namely...I own three
    why would you assume I want my possession of said firearms banned?
    .
    time to give your head a shake
    and listen for the rattle

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •