Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 538

Thread: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi[W:480]

  1. #481
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Police investigators have concluded, despite witness accounts, that the teacher who tried to intervene did not have physical contact with Jaylen Fryberg and that he died "entirely by his own hand." http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/28/us...iano.html?_r=0

    One victim, the shooter's cousin Nate, is doing well. I don't know about the other cousin, but the girl known as "Shay" is not breathing on her own, I don't think. Her cousin posted on FB that she's "hooked up to a machine." All the victims were shot from behind--executed.

  2. #482
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi...

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Not subject to judicial review. So not only are you proposing something wholly unconstitutional, but also that the court can't review it??? Dear lord. This is hilarious. And if it is doing something illegal you can't shut it down...only the part that did the illegal thing.
    Relax. The Founders didn't give the Supreme Court any power of judicial review. This bill just prevents their tampering with the laws Congress passes just like the Founders intended.

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Reeducation CAMPS!!!!??!!!! You might as well be creating internment camps. Seriously? Did you even read this anti freedom bill?
    I wrote it but, to be perfectly clear, it isn't even close to being a bill. It's just my dream.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  3. #483
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmacq View Post
    .
    "a well REGULATED militia..."
    ...rather intellectually lazy and silly wouldn't you say?
    Do you understand what that phrase meant?

  4. #484
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Thanks for the laugh J.
    Thank you for confirming my prediction of your dismissal.

    But I'm not anti gun and don't oppose self defense.
    Good to know, however that makes your post that I replied to confusing...

    I object to the belief that the founding fathers would have been stagnant.
    I don't believe for one second that they would have remained "stagnant" either...However, I think if they were alive to see what has become of their principles they would have absolutely thought that we have given up our liberty for tyranny.

    They too would have changed and reconsidered.
    "Reconsidered" Interesting....So by that I assume that you let that slip that we on the conservative side of the long standing argument are correct in you mind that we offer a closer interpretation of the founders intent.

    How they would have eventually fell on the issue is hard to say.
    I think that is your wish, but if wishes were fishes we'd be in the ocean.

    Because even protection is different today than it was then.
    That's not the only thing that was different.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #485
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Relax. The Founders didn't give the Supreme Court any power of judicial review. This bill just prevents their tampering with the laws Congress passes just like the Founders intended.
    And yet they DO have the power of judicial review so they can make sure things are constitutional. Are you saying that not allowing someone to review a bill and check it for constitutional validity is a good thing?

    I wrote it but, to be perfectly clear, it isn't even close to being a bill. It's just my dream.
    Sad. Truly sad then. Thank God it will never be proposed.

    "Reeducation camps." Dear lord.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  6. #486
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    complete lie. your understanding of the constitution is apparently deficient. show me where in the constitution itself that power was honestly and distinctly granted the federal government

    well regulated meant a militia in working order. it says nothing about regulating small arms
    No, not a lie. And something doesn't have to be direct. There are indirect powers as well. If you want I'll link something to explain that.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #487
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Thank you for confirming my prediction of your dismissal.
    Well, nothing speacial about predicting dismissal of what should be dismissed.

    Good to know, however that makes your post that I replied to confusing...
    That's due to black and white thinking and not having trouble with poor reasoning as long as it agrees with your position.


    I don't believe for one second that they would have remained "stagnant" either...However, I think if they were alive to see what has become of their principles they would have absolutely thought that we have given up our liberty for tyranny.
    I don't think they'd be as prone to exaggeration and hyperbole, but more practical. So, I think they'd oppose many of those screaming tyranny.


    "Reconsidered" Interesting....So by that I assume that you let that slip that we on the conservative side of the long standing argument are correct in you mind that we offer a closer interpretation of the founders intent.
    I think you make an unsound leap here. I clearly meant they would change with the times, a living example of a living document.


    I think that is your wish, but if wishes were fishes we'd be in the ocean.
    No, I didn't use the word wish. I think history would have effected them as it did others. They would not have been stagnant, but would have made many of the same adjustments. But I stated factually, that it's hard to be certain.

    That's not the only thing that was different.
    True. There are many things different, making guns less important today. Many (an overwhelming majority) of us live our lives gun free and no worse for it.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #488
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, not a lie. And something doesn't have to be direct. There are indirect powers as well. If you want I'll link something to explain that.
    LOL that is really silly. Look, everyone understands FDR wanted to pander to people and he wanted to ban machine guns to prove he was doing SOMETHING about bootleggers and his AG told him he couldn't ban them outright so they imposed a prohibitive tax on such weapons and pretended that "commerce among the several states" allowed such idiocy and his pet monkeys on the court ignored the tenth amendment violations and upheld the law claiming that sawn off shotguns were not militia weapons .

    but to claim that gun control was actually an indirect power is blatantly dishonest



  9. #489
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    LOL that is really silly. Look, everyone understands FDR wanted to pander to people and he wanted to ban machine guns to prove he was doing SOMETHING about bootleggers and his AG told him he couldn't ban them outright so they imposed a prohibitive tax on such weapons and pretended that "commerce among the several states" allowed such idiocy and his pet monkeys on the court ignored the tenth amendment violations and upheld the law claiming that sawn off shotguns were not militia weapons .

    but to claim that gun control was actually an indirect power is blatantly dishonest
    No it isn't and it was done long before FDR.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #490
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No it isn't and it was done long before FDR.
    oh really-tell me where federal gun control was enacted prior to FDR



Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •