Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 538

Thread: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi[W:480]

  1. #391
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    see post 383. the federal government does not have the proper power to require me, a private seller who is limited to intra-state sales to go through the hassle of finding some dealer to perform a background check of someone I way to sell a gun to
    I never have, and will not.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #392
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmacq View Post
    .
    hold on now
    its the well regulated militia that has that right
    but lets pretend its joe citizen for a moment
    is regulation not meaning well regulated?
    and regulations imply registering
    otherwise not well regulated at all

    Nope, The citizens have that right. Ask the SCOTUS if you have some doubts about that.
    A regulated militia had nothing to do with firearms regulations. It had to do with training.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #393
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    I never have, and will not.
    If a felon has a gun, requiring him to do a background check if he wishes to transfer it to some other mope for drugs or women, violates his rights under the 5th Amendment and is thus unconstitutional. and people who engage in straw purchases and then give the gun to the real purchaser who is a felon or other prohibited person, are not going to do them either.

    Its a feel good law that has no value but will be used by gun hating scum to demand

    1) draconian penalties on people who forget or neglect to comply with the stupid law

    2) universal gun registration. How can someone be prosecuted for failing to conduct the check if the government cannot prove when the gun was sold?



  4. #394
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,574

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmacq View Post
    .
    hold on now
    its the well regulated militia that has that right
    but lets pretend its joe citizen for a moment
    is regulation not meaning well regulated?
    and regulations imply registering
    otherwise not well regulated at all
    such a question demonstrates you have ZERO understanding about the entire foundation of the constitution and the bill of rights

    are you suggesting that the 2A is a delegation of power to the federal government to regulate the militia? that is certainly what you are suggesting

    and suggesting that ANY part of the bill of rights is a source of power for the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT completely dooms ANYTHING you will say about the constitution to the rubbish heap



  5. #395
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,844

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

    As simple as these word are there are sure a lot that want to continue to argue over them. That's fine but also points out the ignorance that lives among us. Is it due to our current education system that for the most part that doesn't teach about our founding, Constitutional first principles but is more inclined to focus on social justice, test scores and all that jazz? Yeah. It's af bi-product of people allowing their local school districts to be so influenced by a federal government out of control. And because of this part of the problem is that many people engaged in the argument do not interpret the 2nd Amendment with respect for its historical context, but rather in light of what they want it to mean in support of their purposes. The issue is further complicated by the fact that an increasingly large proportion of the U.S. population has no experience in the use of arms; they see arms as irrelevant to their lives at best or a threat at worst. But that is the biggest lie of all that so many are willing to fall for. Democracy is fragile and always susceptible to despotism, and we should not be so arrogant as to suppose we are not equally susceptible.The 2nd Amendment is always susceptible to tyrants, but is vulnerable if too many of us are ignorant of its purpose. And from where I am sitting, there seems to be a lot of ignorant ones. Everyday I read about attacks to the 1st Amendment over free speech, religious liberties and the 2nd Amendment? The very two most important to the founders being attacked daily. Is it by design? I am incline to believe so because those two Amendments are at the heart and soul of assuring life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Wake up America.

    Edit- I think it is fair to say that those who come on this forum after every incident where a firearm was used in mass killings as a reason for more gun control legislation miss the mark. Maybe it is high time to find out why so many these school shooters are young males from teens to mid twenties. Maybe it is time to start investigating if they were on an array of anti-depressants as so many before them have been found out to be. Maybe it is time to start doing studies on how many of these males who do these types of deeds are from single parent homes. Maybe it is time to look at WHY the breakdown of our society and the lack of respect for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by vesper; 10-27-14 at 11:42 PM.

  6. #396
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,267

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And I don't oppose you having a gun and for you to defend yourself. But how this is done and where the lines are might well be seen differently by the founding fathers than they saw it then.
    I don't think they would shun people defending themselves anywhere in the nation though. They didn't have police forces. Hell Alexander Hamilton went heels with Aaron burr. Clearly the founders were not reticent of firearm.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #397
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,844

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I don't think they would shun people defending themselves anywhere in the nation though. They didn't have police forces. Hell Alexander Hamilton went heels with Aaron burr. Clearly the founders were not reticent of firearm.
    But isn't the point that many today don't even understand the reason for the 2nd amendment? The Founders understood the real threat of tyranny. They lived it. I find big government lovers are more inclined to think it old-fashioned to be a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment because some of them are so far up the federal government's ass they would allow the government to control when they fart sideways in the name of global warming initiatives. They have no real appreciation of liberty. They like having everything micromanaged because they think they know what is best for you. And that is where the danger lies.

  8. #398
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,267

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The NRA has dismissed the death of the innocents as just part of the cost of doing business. To the NRA, dead children are close to meaningless. Supporting the NRA is a reprehensible and repugnant behavior.
    Prove it. Prove your claim. Note your gun control stance is always weak until you can use phrases like:

    dead children
    Why is that? We get into the nitty gritty of this debate and your argument falls dead. So why don't you tell me...share with me PLEASE...what do you think should be done? Because all you have mentioned to me has been "NRA is bad" and "dead children" and "guns are bad."

    Tl:dr

    What the hell is your argument? What "gun control" do you think is going to solve this problem?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #399
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:13 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,267

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    But isn't the point that many today don't even understand the reason for the 2nd amendment? The Founders understood the real threat of tyranny. They lived it. I find big government lovers are more inclined to think it old-fashioned to be a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment because some of them are so far up the federal government's ass they would allow the government to control when they fart sideways in the name of global warming initiatives. They have no real appreciation of liberty. They like having everything micromanaged because they think they know what is best for you. And that is where the danger lies.
    While agree with the sentiment...the nanny staters can be beaten in 2-3 ways:

    1) ballot box

    2) age

    3) giving them real non government jobs

    The 2nd doesn't really apply to brains them.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #400
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That would require constitutional amendment and is very unlikely to happen. ...
    Maybe. Maybe not. The American gun cult's belief in a right to guns was created by NRA propaganda. A debunking campaign could reverse the insanity.
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

Page 40 of 54 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •