Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 538

Thread: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi[W:480]

  1. #31
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,244

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I disagree. I agree with Stonewall in his post 7 that we need to look at those factors. I just add the other obvious one.

    And I never said a word about gun control or made any suggestions about it here.

    And right wing version of their own form of political correctness will not prevent that and should not prevent that.
    Listen haymarket. You don't get it. This isn't a gun issue. Do you know why I want to avoid the topic? Because it is the STUPIDEST AND LEAST PRODUCTIVE area of discussion we can get into.

    Unless you are so moronic that you actually believe a gun caused this tragedy, then try talking about the real issues. We never talk about the real issues, the causes, and the gun topic is always slung around by a bunch of poo flinging monkey politicians because they are all a bunch of sociopaths who don't give a damn about "We the people." They just want to score points against the NRA because they vote republican.

    The real issues have been shoved to the side because they aren't easy, we don't have the answers, and it isn't popular. Those aren't good things for politicians to talk about. They don't make good soundbites. So instead letting yourself be baited by them, maybe you could join the rest of us in asking questions about the CAUSES.

    Facebook? Bullying? Drugs? Legal drugs? Mental illness? We don't know squat right now, but maybe we should start asking? God almighty...
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #32
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,244

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Initial reports seem to indicate that it involved a dispute over a girl. Some of the witness interviews indicate that the shooter was reasonably popular and the incident was unexpected.
    It is always "unexpected." The reality is that no sane person does this. I just wonder why kids are resorting to these extreme actions over petty BS? I noticed some kids are reacting more and more unreasonably to breakups. I wonder if it is an entitled attitude to some degree?

    I mean kids think they deserve a relationship. There is the "friend zone" mentality too. It seems kids today aren't learning coping mechanisms like they used too.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  3. #33
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Listening to the interviews on local news with student witnesses, it's pretty clear he targeted that particular table. According to one kid who claims to have cut school with him yesterday, the shooter knew all those kids at the table. According to one report he came up and started shooting from behind. One witness suggests that he shot a girl who refused to go out with him and two other reports suggest there was some sort of racial incident a few days earlier. And bullying has been mentioned too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  4. #34
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,629

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    It is always "unexpected." The reality is that no sane person does this. I just wonder why kids are resorting to these extreme actions over petty BS? I noticed some kids are reacting more and more unreasonably to breakups. I wonder if it is an entitled attitude to some degree?

    I mean kids think they deserve a relationship. There is the "friend zone" mentality too. It seems kids today aren't learning coping mechanisms like they used too.
    What I think is happening is that, due to the ability to tailor ones sense of reality through social media, people are becoming less and less tolerant of the real world.

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:54 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,605

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Clearly some do.
    No doubt about it. A very tiny small number do. So what is different about this one?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #36
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    School shooter was freshman Jaylen Fryberg, fellow students, including eyewitnesses, told CNN. Watch live now on CNNgo.

    CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  7. #37
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,244

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    What I think is happening is that, due to the ability to tailor ones sense of reality through social media, people are becoming less and less tolerant of the real world.
    This will probably be the most intelligent statement in the thread. I agree 100%
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #38
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    I checked out his FB and Twitter accounts. If I had to guess he's a native American member of the Tulalip tribe. His last tweets were troubling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  9. #39
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,244

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I checked out his FB and Twitter accounts. If I had to guess he's a native American member of the Tulalip tribe. His last tweets were troubling.
    What did they say?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #40
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,258

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    What did they say?
    Google it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •