Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 538

Thread: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi[W:480]

  1. #321
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,877

    Re: School shooting in Maryville, Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmacq View Post
    .
    I'm thinkin maybe your first point has merit
    the rest are simply a misguided/slanted viewpoint
    you have absolutely no idea if the child believed or not
    The statement was not about the shooter, but general observations.

    Comprehension can be your friend.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-14 @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    64

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    As I noted, he doesn't believe the hate filled crap he spews at gun owners. IF he did, he'd be too scared to spew it
    .
    because you might pull your pistolaros?
    at a simple perceived slight?
    is this whats meant by defending home and family?
    is this your reason for having said firearms?

  3. #323
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmacq View Post
    .
    because you might pull your pistolaros?
    at a simple perceived slight?
    is this whats meant by defending home and family?
    is this your reason for having said firearms?
    I gave your post a like because it made me laugh. I hope Turtle laughs also as it was pretty creative.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #324
    Sage
    KevinKohler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,990
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmacq View Post
    .
    because you might pull your pistolaros?
    at a simple perceived slight?
    is this whats meant by defending home and family?
    is this your reason for having said firearms?
    If you really believe that, you're pretty dumb, since, you know...if you believed it...you'd get shot, according to your beliefs.


    Just pointing out a flaw in your argument, not JOINING the argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Reports indicate that everyone knew he was hauling a bunch of guns up there. But, since you brought it up, there's something which should be illegal: guns that breakdown.

  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-14 @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    64

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Atheist are just as dependant on faith as any God fearing individual.

    They use " Science " as a justification but haven't through Science justified their beliefs.

    That's because Science doesn't prove or disprove the existence of a creator.

    If anything the Scientific study of the origins if our Universe point to the existence of a creator far more than it denies the existence of a creator.
    .
    excuse me but my post to you was on this
    "The disconnect from God is something thats relatively new."
    .
    not sure why you went off into never neverland

  6. #326
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-14 @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    64

    Re: School shooting in Maryville, Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Some don't.
    .
    and some Christians don't either
    I'm just confused as to why it was stated the way it was
    giving others (notably myself) the impression that it was ONLY Christians AND ALL Christians (simply due to them calling themselves that)
    ...that have this appreciation for "the value of life"
    now I'm relatively new here so I cant point to anything you personally have stated
    but I have read some hey zeus followers chanting loudly at glassing all those "ragheads"
    quite obviously showing us that they DO NOT have this moral highground when it comes to "the value of life"
    ...
    I was simply curious

  7. #327
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: School shooting in Maryville, Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Honest answer? Most people won't like it.


    We've spent close to 40 years teaching children....

    ... that they're super-special snowflakes who are entitled to everything good...

    ... that they're just highly evolved animals, not immortal souls...

    ... that there is no God, or if there is there is no judgment by him...

    ... that it is okay to kill innocent babies in the womb if they are inconvenient...

    .... that things like the 10 Commandments are outdated and all morality is relative....


    ... and then we wonder why stuff like this happens?
    This.

    And I do think that Luther's on to something about social media "enhancing" the dramarama.

  8. #328
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,923

    Re: School shooting in Maryville, Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by mrmacq View Post
    .
    and some Christians don't either
    I'm just confused as to why it was stated the way it was
    giving others (notably myself) the impression that it was ONLY Christians AND ALL Christians (simply due to them calling themselves that)
    ...that have this appreciation for "the value of life"
    now I'm relatively new here so I cant point to anything you personally have stated
    but I have read some hey zeus followers chanting loudly at glassing all those "ragheads"
    quite obviously showing us that they DO NOT have this moral highground when it comes to "the value of life"
    ...
    I was simply curious
    Gosh, now you've made me curious. Could you link me up please with what you've read about "hey zeus followers chanting loudly at glassing all those 'ragheads'"?

  9. #329
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,877

    Re: School shooting in Maryville, Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    This.

    And I do think that Luther's on to something about social media "enhancing" the dramarama.
    Social media also eliminates personal interaction.

    People will write what they would never say to someone's face.

    Communication then becomes non-emotional.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    10-31-14 @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    64

    Re: School shooting in Maryville, Washington

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    The statement was not about the shooter, but general observations.

    Comprehension can be your friend.
    .
    thanx for that
    I'm not a complete moron
    obviously it was a general observation
    but the thread is discussing motives of the SHOOTER
    .
    now to quote someone I just read
    "Comprehension can be your friend"
    ...nice wide two way street there

Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •