Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 538

Thread: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi[W:480]

  1. #251
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,279

    Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi...

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Lets put you back on page one. You made a prediction. I then made a prediction. My prediction was based on the nonsense we hear all the times in these discussion about gun free zones. And it came true.



    And what they then did was exactly what I predicted would happen.


    Now what is there about that reality that seems to befuddle and confound you?



    Were you operating under the delusion that you could take an event involving a gun and murders and lay down some restrictions that a gun cannot be mentioned?



    Promises, promises.



    Nope... did not do that.



    The "real issues" being anything about a murder with a gun in a school like many other murders in schools with guns that then DOES NOT MENTION THE GUN.

    Got it loud and clear.
    You know I got a couple comments before I'm done (too much time on my hands at work right now).

    Notice I never responded to your prediction? What should you derive from that?

    I was under the impression that maybe we could get some intelligent discussion about the issue that is causing people to not be able to cope with their everyday lives. But it seems some people are so hell-bent on attacking guns that they will use any dead kid they can to score political points. As I have said before those on your side do not actually care. You would actually prefer for kids to die just so you can score political points.

    You want to talk about all those gun murders where all the guns were used, but you don't seem to be catching the common link. The gun was a freaking tool. It didn't cause anything. But hey. Keep trying to avoid the cause. I know it doesn't help you like dead kids does. The gun control side is pathetic.

    And just a hint because I know you won't get it: The common link is mental illness and lack of coping mechanisms.

    By the way maybe you could try treating this as something other than a college debate, you know treating it like it is an actual issue that should be discussed.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #252
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The NRA is responsible for gun proliferation. They've created a gun culture which has resulted in a huge supply of guns. They're cheap and easy to get because that's the way the NRA wants it.
    complete crap.



  3. #253
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,814

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    complete crap.
    Looks like he failed Economics 101, specifically price setting in a free market.

    He probably thinks that 'laissez-faire' is what happens when you are tired after visiting the local county fair.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #254
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysville,

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Looks like he failed Economics 101, specifically price setting in a free market.

    He probably thinks that 'laissez-faire' is what happens when you are tired after visiting the local county fair.
    blaming the NRA for people having guns is like blaming the ACLU for defamation or religious cults



  5. #255
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,726

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi...

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    You know I got a couple comments before I'm done (too much time on my hands at work right now).

    Notice I never responded to your prediction? What should you derive from that?

    I was under the impression that maybe we could get some intelligent discussion about the issue that is causing people to not be able to cope with their everyday lives. But it seems some people are so hell-bent on attacking guns that they will use any dead kid they can to score political points. As I have said before those on your side do not actually care. You would actually prefer for kids to die just so you can score political points.

    You want to talk about all those gun murders where all the guns were used, but you don't seem to be catching the common link. The gun was a freaking tool. It didn't cause anything. But hey. Keep trying to avoid the cause. I know it doesn't help you like dead kids does. The gun control side is pathetic.

    And just a hint because I know you won't get it: The common link is mental illness and lack of coping mechanisms.

    By the way maybe you could try treating this as something other than a college debate, you know treating it like it is an actual issue that should be discussed.
    You and I share a very common interest as we both want the social and mental issues explored and investigated. We part ways about guns.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #256
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:59 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,279

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi...

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You and I share a very common interest as we both want the social and mental issues explored and investigated. We part ways about guns.
    There are 40 to 50,000,000 gunowners in America. You are welcome to try and ascribe the cause to firearms. Even though the number of people who get involved in mass shootings is equal to about .00025%.

    The fact is we have laws regarding the mentally ill and children having firearms. We however I have limited understanding of what causes someone to become a mass shooter. Dragging firearms end of this discussion is stupid. It is not productive. And quite frankly it ignores the fact that we already have the laws on the books that we need.

    However it doesn't matter. I know well enough that bringing firearms up is not about trying to help people who are victims of these mass shooters. It isn't about developing coping mechanisms for people who may become mass shooters themselves. It is about scoring political points against the NRA.

    The short version is your side tracking this discussion by involving firearms legislation.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #257
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,726

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi...

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    There are 40 to 50,000,000 gunowners in America. You are welcome to try and ascribe the cause to firearms.
    I never said the cause was firearms.

    You are making stuff up as you go along.
    Last edited by haymarket; 10-26-14 at 09:07 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #258
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,814

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi...

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I never said the cause was firearms.

    You are making stuff up as you go along.



    The one law we need is to close the loophole and get a background check for all firearms purchases. And that has huge support from the public and NRA members also.
    Dodgeball 101.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #259
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,726

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi...

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Dodgeball 101.
    Actually it was July of 2014.

    Poll: 92 percent of gun owners support universal background checks | TheHill

    Ninety-two percent of voters, including 92 percent of gun owners and 86 percent of Republicans, support background checks prior to all gun sales, according to a new poll from Quinnipiac University.

    The results indicate that, while the proposed shift to universal background checks has stirred intense partisan bickering inside the Beltway, it's not nearly as controversial throughout the rest of the country.
    and large support among Republicans and gun owners

    The Quinnipiac poll suggests Republican leaders are at stark odds with the public on the issue. It found that voters support universal background checks by a margin of 92 to 7 percent; gun owners support the change 92 to 6 percent; and Republicans back the idea 86 to 11 percent.

    The survey also suggested a reason for the disconnect between the public support and the congressional inactivity. In short, many voters simply don't equate mandatory background checks with "gun control." Indeed, only 50 percent of the same respondents said they support "stricter gun control laws," the poll found, with 47 percent opposed.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #260
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,814

    Re: Breaking: Investigators are responding to reported school shooting in Marysvi...

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Actually it was July of 2014.

    Poll: 92 percent of gun owners support universal background checks | TheHill



    and large support among Republicans and gun owners
    You missed again - I meant you.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •