Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 280

Thread: Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC [W:110]

  1. #261
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,751

    Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC [W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by PIPEWRENCH View Post
    What I have seen so far has been incompetence on the part of the medical field and the CDC. Medical personnel have not been properly trained and did not have the proper protective gear. Proper facilities for quarantine are not available for people that may show symptoms. We are now going to be sued for the pathetic quarantine facilities a person had to endure. What happens when we need to quarantine a few hundred people because the next so called professional decides to go to the movies or a ball game instead of following self quarantine protocol.
    The disease isn't spread in a way that could happen. The person would have to vomit or bleed on all those hundreds of people. It's not airborne. Duncan lived with people while very sick and didn't infect them.

    The people coming back have proven they cannot be trusted to self quarantine. Reckless and irresponsible behavior is all we have seen so far. Our entire medical facilities and the CDC have proven the cannot handle a single person so far without major screw ups. God help us if dozens of people start coming back with this disease. Instead of competent professional handling of this deadly disease it looks more like Laurel and Hardy or the 3 Stooges are in charge. Smart people fear this incompetency and rightly so.
    Not true. The only screw up was in Texas. Seven or eight others have been treated, recovered and released without incident including the two nurses infected in Texas.

  2. #262
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,751

    Re: Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    More like, watching the clown-in-charge.
    OK, Obama wants people to die... Got it! The Bilderberg's last met in late May. Is this when the plot was hatched? Is this the mass death event Jones has been predicting for a decade or so? I thought it was going to be thru vaccines, but I guess Ebola works, although not until the Elites can release the airborne version.

  3. #263
    Guru
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,530

    Re: Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC [W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The disease isn't spread in a way that could happen. The person would have to vomit or bleed on all those hundreds of people. It's not airborne. Duncan lived with people while very sick and didn't infect them.
    The first patient brought into this country infected 2 people under the best conditions the CDC and our medical field could provide. They couldn't handle one patient without infecting others. So much for how hard it is to spread this disease.

    What if the next infected person decides to ride the subway for several days and go to a ball game, a movie, and so on. None of these people will have any protective gear that come into contact with this person. What if this infected person does vomit all over a bunch of people in a subway car or the movie theater. People will panic and run in every direction spreading this disease everywhere. We could easily have hundreds of people needing to be isolated regardless of how many actually contract the disease.

    That is if we could find them all. All you need is one person to contract it who does not watch the news or trust the authorities to start spreading this disease. A drug dealer or gang banger gets infected and this disease could be spread easily to hundreds of people before he is caught and stopped.



    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Not true. The only screw up was in Texas. Seven or eight others have been treated, recovered and released without incident including the two nurses infected in Texas.
    In Texas the CDC and our medical field proved they could not handle a single patient without spreading this disease. FACT.

    People returning have proven they will not follow self quarantine and will put peoples lives at risk in this country. FACT.

    This poor lady quarantined in a tent proves how unprepared we are for a possible outbreak in this country. FACT.

    The only good news is by either luck or the hand of God more people haven't been infected.

    What is really sad is all that needs to be done to protect the American people is to quarantine these people coming back for a couple of weeks before allowing them to return to this country.
    Last edited by PIPEWRENCH; 10-28-14 at 12:06 PM.

  4. #264
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,751

    Re: Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC [W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by PIPEWRENCH View Post
    The first patient brought into this country infected 2 people under the best conditions the CDC and our medical field could provide. They couldn't handle one patient without infecting others. So much for how hard it is to spread this disease.
    No, the best conditions were in the hospitals that are familiar with treating Ebola patients, and in those institutions, there have been no infected healthcare workers. Letting that hospital treat Duncan was a mistake. We've solved that problem. All future patients will go to one of very few sites with proper training, gear, equipped to handle this disease.

    What if the next infected person decides to ride the subway for several days and go to a ball game, a movie, and so on. None of these people will have any protective gear that come into contact with this person. What if this infected person does vomit all over a bunch of people in a subway car or the movie theater. People will panic and run in every direction spreading this disease everywhere. We could easily have hundreds of people needing to be isolated regardless of how many actually contract the disease.
    You're creating a false choice - quarantine or nothing. If we can quarantine them, we can track them, call them twice a day, etc. And someone sick enough to vomit everywhere isn't going to go to a ballgame. These are healthcare workers we're talking about - they've seen the disease kill people. They know the symptoms and the risks, and risked their lives to stop the spread. You're assuming these same people will, when at home in the U.S., behave like total idiots and put people at risk for getting the disease they just risked their lives to stop.

    That is if we could find them all. All you need is one person to contract it who does not watch the news or trust the authorities to start spreading this disease. A drug dealer or gang banger gets infected and this disease could be spread easily to hundreds of people before he is caught and stopped.
    Interesting choice of hypothetical persons getting infected - gang bangers? WTF does that come from - but in Africa, with massive poverty, no real healthcare infrastructure, terrible conditions, etc. it spreads more like 1-2 than 1-300.

    In Texas the CDC and our medical field proved they could not handle a single patient without spreading this disease. FACT.
    They've handled 8 without spreading the disease - FACT. One hospital with untrained workers made massive mistakes - many of them. We've solved that problem, and will send future patients to specialized facilities that CAN handle Ebola.

    People returning have proven they will not follow self quarantine and will put peoples lives at risk in this country. FACT.
    NOT fact. They self monitored, checked themselves into treatment, and have infected no one. That is fact.

    This poor lady quarantined in a tent proves how unprepared we are for a possible outbreak in this country. FACT.
    Why? Because you say so? Please explain.

    The only good news is by either luck or the hand of God more people haven't been infected.
    That and science tells us the disease is hard to spread, normally only by contact with blood, feces, etc.

    What is really sad is all that needs to be done to protect the American people is to quarantine these people coming back for a couple of weeks before allowing them to return to this country.
    Another good plan is to avoid panic and trust in the science. Worldwide, outside of Africa, there have been 18 people treated for Ebola. 18. In this country 9. Of those 9, 7 have recovered, 1 died, one is in treatment. Not one person other than a healthcare worker has been infected, and the two that have, treated and recovered. We're having a freakout about something FAR in excess of the actual risk to us.

  5. #265
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    OK, Obama wants people to die... Got it! The Bilderberg's last met in late May. Is this when the plot was hatched? Is this the mass death event Jones has been predicting for a decade or so? I thought it was going to be thru vaccines, but I guess Ebola works, although not until the Elites can release the airborne version.
    It's not a plot. It's incompetance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #266
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,751

    Re: Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    It's not a plot. It's incompetance.
    And obvious incompetence, because other than Duncan, ZERO people have died in America from Ebola..... wait, what???

  7. #267
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And obvious incompetence, because other than Duncan, ZERO people have died in America from Ebola..... wait, what???
    Obama saved all those people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,751

    Re: Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obama saved all those people?
    No. Just missing the evidence of incompetence.

  9. #269
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    No. Just missing the evidence of incompetence.
    The incompetence lays in that this administration was warned of this long before Duncan even thought of coming here and they did nothing....FOUR!!!!
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #270
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,134

    Re: Doctor being tested for Ebola in NYC [W:110]

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    These are healthcare workers we're talking about - they've seen the disease kill people. They know the symptoms and the risks, and risked their lives to stop the spread. You're assuming these same people will, when at home in the U.S., behave like total idiots and put people at risk for getting the disease they just risked their lives to stop.
    That dimwit in NYC did.

    "I'm sick. I think i'll take the subway and go bowling!"

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •