Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 342

Thread: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

  1. #21
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Well, then start your own company in California and invite in the unions to get as much as they possibly can from you. Whats that? You don't know how to start a business? That's what I thought. You just want the state to impose your will on those who do have the ability to start their own enterprises. Got it.
    "Only business owners should have a say in what is fair for the workers they employ."
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    "Only business owners should have a say in what is fair for the workers they employ."
    Seems to me that the potential employee also has a say.. You know.. Accept or decline a job. Also, you know, some government regulations are necessary.. So the would have a say too.

  3. #23
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Seems to me that the potential employee also has a say.. You know.. Accept or decline a job. Also, you know, some government regulations are necessary.. So the would have a say too.
    The potential employee negotiating on their own against an organized corporation isn't much of a negotiation. Providing opportunities and encouraging workers to organize levels the systemic imbalance between corporate interests and the rest of us.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    The potential employee negotiating on their own against an organized corporation isn't much of a negotiation. Providing opportunities and encouraging workers to organize levels the systemic imbalance between corporate interests and the rest of us.
    The job is worth what someone is willing to do it for. As for this specific company, they werne't even against the union.. They were against the stacked deck of a card check election and they claim they pay a decent salary and haven't had employment issues in the past. So.. Maybe not so much.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    And, the company has the right to move where the unions cannot damage them - which damages the state, and the workers.
    If LA can cancel the LRV purchase contract, they should.

  6. #26
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The job is worth what someone is willing to do it for.
    And organized workers will do that job for better pay and in safer working conditions, assuming they're not artificially undercut by scab states.
    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    As for this specific company, they werne't even against the union.. They were against the stacked deck of a card check election and they claim they pay a decent salary and haven't had employment issues in the past. So.. Maybe not so much.
    If they weren't against the union then why be against a method of voting for unionization?
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  7. #27
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    And organized workers will do that job for better pay and in safer working conditions, assuming they're not artificially undercut by scab states.
    As the company is moving, they won't be doing the work at higher pay. Their loss.

    If they weren't against the union then why be against a method of voting for unionization?
    As taken from the article:
    "We offer good salaries and good benefits, and we've never had a labor issue," Donald Boss, Kinkisharyo's general manager of program management, told The Los Angeles Times. "If our employees want to organize, they can. But we aren't going to organize for them."
    believe it or not, someone can be neutral on unions and still not want the deck stacked.

  8. #28
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    And organized workers will do that job for better pay and in safer working conditions, assuming they're not artificially undercut by scab states.

    If they weren't against the union then why be against a method of voting for unionization?
    Because card check allows unions to terrorize innocent people just looking for a good job.

  9. #29
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    As long is there is a hungry belly to feed, there will always be someone willing to work for less.

    Companies know this, which is why the idea that Labor and Capital come to the table as equals, is a myth.

    When unions come in, they bring about more of an equilibrium between Capital and Labor which of course, Capital doesn't like.

    This sends Capital into the loving arms of Right to Work for Less States.

    Capital is happy to give quarterly to the coffers of politicians sympathetic to their plight because it is cheaper than paying people a fair wage.

    When all else fails, Capital looks outside the US to exploit Labor. Plenty of hungry bellies outside our borders.
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. ” -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

  10. #30
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Because card check allows unions to terrorize innocent people just looking for a good job.
    ter·ror·izeˈterəˌrīz/

    "verb"
    create and maintain a state of extreme fear and distress in (someone); fill with terror.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •