Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 342

Thread: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

  1. #231
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    You can consider it crazy, but this process exists and has been used for longer than you've been around to badmouth it.
    Yes it was the process failed and collapsed on itself. see the medivial trade guildes. that is exactly where this came from. yet they ended up in disaster.
    why? the same reason that the current unions are ending up in disaster they got too greedy for their own good. no one wanted to pay their prices so they sought out independant merchants etc to do it for far cheaper.

    of course the guildes back then used the same tactics that unions do now for non-union employee's and employee's not wanting to join the union.
    they send their thugs to intimidate and harass people (all of which is illegal of course) which is why the unions want card check to begin with.

    so they can send their union thugs to your house to try and threaten and intimidate you and your family into joining the party.

    not all unions are bad the local unions that are not party to the national organizaions do very well for themselves and the employee's and the company.
    very rarely are strikes inccured as both offer reasonable demands that can be agreed to.

    in this case however the union cost people jobs that they otherwise would have had.

    PS if you are so up in arms about card check why don't you go rail on media matters which rejected the same process.

  2. #232
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    Yes it was the process failed and collapsed on itself. see the medivial trade guildes. that is exactly where this came from. yet they ended up in disaster.
    why? the same reason that the current unions are ending up in disaster they got too greedy for their own good. no one wanted to pay their prices so they sought out independant merchants etc to do it for far cheaper.

    of course the guildes back then used the same tactics that unions do now for non-union employee's and employee's not wanting to join the union.
    they send their thugs to intimidate and harass people (all of which is illegal of course) which is why the unions want card check to begin with.

    so they can send their union thugs to your house to try and threaten and intimidate you and your family into joining the party.

    not all unions are bad the local unions that are not party to the national organizaions do very well for themselves and the employee's and the company.
    very rarely are strikes inccured as both offer reasonable demands that can be agreed to.

    in this case however the union cost people jobs that they otherwise would have had.

    PS if you are so up in arms about card check why don't you go rail on media matters which rejected the same process.
    Your argument is that unions are greedy to an unsustainable point but that multinational corporations are ____________?
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  3. #233
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,706

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Your argument is that unions are greedy to an unsustainable point but that multinational corporations are ____________?
    your failure to address what is said is typical

  4. #234
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Your argument is that unions are greedy to an unsustainable point but that multinational corporations are ____________?
    Multi national corporations are responsible to shareholders and people like you, union bosses are responsible to no one. Why don't you look at the salaries of your union bosses and then ask yourself what they do for their money? There is a reason that a very small percentage of Americans belong to unions today. Suggest you find out why?

    Unions are greedy and bankrupt companies just like they did GM/Chrysler and couldn't care less. You are very naive when it comes to unions. I dealt with them for decades.

  5. #235
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Multi national corporations are responsible to shareholders and people like you, union bosses are responsible to no one. Why don't you look at the salaries of your union bosses and then ask yourself what they do for their money? There is a reason that a very small percentage of Americans belong to unions today. Suggest you find out why?

    Unions are greedy and bankrupt companies just like they did GM/Chrysler and couldn't care less. You are very naive when it comes to unions. I dealt with them for decades.
    Union bosses are responsible to those that elect them: the union members.

    Union leaders' pay is nowhere near as obscenely out of relationship as CEO pay.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  6. #236
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Union bosses are responsible to those that elect them: the union members.

    Union leaders' pay is nowhere near as obscenely out of relationship as CEO pay.
    That is your opinion, tell me what your union boss did for you?

    Union bosses contribute exactly what to the company and obviously you have no idea what union leadership makes, all six figure salaries and contribute nothing to the company

  7. #237
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion, tell me what your union boss did for you?

    Union bosses contribute exactly what to the company and obviously you have no idea what union leadership makes, all six figure salaries and contribute nothing to the company
    Union bosses have no obligation to the company just as CEO's have no obligation to the workers.

    Your post suggests a fundamental misunderstanding of labor relations.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  8. #238
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Union bosses have no obligation to the company just as CEO's have no obligation to the workers.

    Your post suggests a fundamental misunderstanding of labor relations.
    You see, therein lies the problem, without a company there are no jobs and no Union bosses

    My post suggests reality. Dealt with unions for decades and know exactly what I am talking about. What is your experience?

  9. #239
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You see, therein lies the problem, without a company there are no jobs and no Union bosses

    My post suggests reality. Dealt with unions for decades and know exactly what I am talking about. What is your experience?
    A company without workers doesn't produce anything. What's your point? Both sides (management, labor) need to work together to produce any results, products, profits, market share, etc.

    Unions don't inhibit results they simply shift the interests to be more balanced between management and labor.

    Corporations don't hold all the chips, but our system would have us believe they do.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  10. #240
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    A company without workers doesn't produce anything. What's your point? Both sides (management, labor) need to work together to produce any results, products, profits, market share, etc.

    Unions don't inhibit results they simply shift the interests to be more balanced between management and labor.

    Corporations don't hold all the chips, but our system would have us believe they do.
    Bankrupt companies go out of business, that is my point If union bosses don't contribute to the company why do they get the big salaries? Shifting interests to the unions is what union bosses do selling their services in the name of compassion but never generating compassionate results. Union bosses don't give a damn about the company or even the employees. They are self centered selfish individuals that peddle their wares to the next group of saps that buy their bs.

    Corporations are run by people, managed by people, and do indeed hold the chips. They are in business to make money. You don't want to work for a corporation don't. Stop getting someone else to make your demands for you.

    Still waiting for your experience with unions

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •